Headsets bluetooth intercom system?????

• My wife & I are using the Scala Rider Q1 system. We're working out the kinks in listening to music at the same time, and it seems we really have to yell to get it out of standby mode. But as a communication system, it works very well, and the stereo is awesome solo riding. If we can just get both to play at the same time, it will be great I am sure

• We use the Sena smh10r. Bought the r for the low profile.

Crystal clear phone conversation and intercom. I don't use it for music but my friend does and says it sounds great.

My only complaints is the range isn't great with the R and pairing 4 units rather than just two is more difficult then it should be. I can accept the shorter range - I'm thinking because its the low profile model.

Usually its just me and the wife and for the two of us, its perfect. Local dealer matched the Amazon two pack price AND installed them for free. Can't beat that.

• We use the Sena system SMH10 and have been using them from back in 2008 and finally one died so we now have the 20s and when not wearing a helmet I use the SPH10 these are great systems.

• Quick revival of this thread....does anyone have experience with both the Sena Expand and the Sena SPH10, and could compare them for me? Which is better for riding the Sling, no helmet (or half), full functionality desired (phone/music/intercom)?

• So, after some research online and an abortive attempt to get some help from the Sena company over email, I decided to go with the Sena SPH10. Found them online, on Amazon, for $159 each.

I set up each headset individually. They are tied to each other for intercom, and also tied to our individual phones just for phone calls (vice music). Theoretically, we could be talking to each other on the road, and take an individual phone call, and then go back to intercom. We opted not to connect the headsets to the phones for media, so that we can play the music over the radio in the Sling and enjoy it together.

So, the pros:
    - Awesome to be able to talk at speed without yelling. Loud enough to be able to hear each other fairly clearly even with foam earplugs in under the headset. Made the driving part of the trip 100% better.
    - Way better for navigating. We led a small group in the poker run, and she was navigating so I could drive without distraction, and there were no missed comms or confusion with yelling...way easier.
    - The headset does muffle some of the road noise from the way it sits on your ears
    - The basic functions of the headset (power on/off, connect intercom, answer phone, etc) are fairly easy. The instructions are pretty clear also.

And the cons:
    - On the way up to Clarksville, Heather said she had some wind noise in her ears from my mic (I attached the book mic to both headsets), and that is probably from the mic being on my left, and the Ripper windshield letting wind in. The fix for that was for her to put her foam earplugs in...it drowned out the wind noise and still kept my voice.
    - Extended wear can make a sore spot at the top of your ears, between the ear and the head. You do get used to it, and I am going to try to cushion that area with some soft surgical tubing.
    - Not a perfect fit under the half helmet. Had to play with it a little to get it to fit. Of course, I bought this mostly for wear without helmets, so....and there is a version you can buy that supposedly fits better with helmets, or has an adapter pad, or something.
    - Customer service from Sena is apparently lacking (no personal experience yet, just read the reviews)

Overall, although the price tag was a little hefty, to make my @sideseatdriver happy and see her smile from not being isolated in the passenger seat for hours at a time, it was totally worth it.
    @Bubblehead, @roadog1aj

• I've been using them for 2 years. They help a lot. The site spot on the ears is a fact. SENA also sells a device that will connect a CB to the blue tooth system

YLM. Your Life Matters

Edited once, last by KZ1 ().

• No helmet law in AZ. I recently purchase a Sena TuffTalk for me and use the Sena Expand for the passenger. I'm extremely happy with this setup for road noise reduction, music, phone calls and intercom. Works perfectly with my Sirius XM portable radio Bluetooth with the SS radio.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Bought the shm10 duel set....

I have an iPhone 6s Plus and I can’t get Siri to activate...the head sets don’t work until I get the voice activation to work on my phone....that said I’m working with Verizon to get the phone working....I might have to get the phone replaced...

Murphy’s law strikes again...

Oh and to do the back up to Itunes....Itunes won’t install on my new surface pro laptop...for some ungodly reason....
    And Verizon Cloud won’t back up everything and I had to buy more storage to do it on iCloud.

Already spend a total of 5 hours with Verizon tech support ironing out the issue....still not worked out..

To be continued...and continued and continued ..

• Bought the shm10 duel set....

I have an iPhone 6s Plus and I can’t get Siri to activate...the head sets don’t work until I get the voice activation to work on my phone....that said I’m working with Verizon to get the phone working....I might have to get the phone replaced...

My headsets work without Siri, since I have Samsung phone, but I haven't fully setup helmets yet. I do know that if we don't turn on Driver helmet first, then passenger, it doesn't work right. First unit to connect defaults to driver as near as I can tell. May have to unpair all, and start over

fyi

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• I bought a Schuberth full face helmet along with the SRC system. The SRC system has the best speakers I've ever heard. The system also comes with a built-in FM antenna in the helmet so you can listen to the built in FM radio. Bluetooth works great with SL system and or your phone. Pricey 1k for all. other issue is I very seldom use it since there are no helmet laws in Maine and New Hampshire where I ride 95% of the time. But in the cold weather I have been using the helmet