NEW WINDSHIELD FOR NEW SLINGSHADES and check out the fit on that Twist, Gullwing Top !

• The first customer ridden Slingshots equipped with Slingshades are surfacing and one of the first, Dana Ward of Missouri Stole the show at Eureka Springs, Ozarks Invasion two weeks ago. Dana showed up with one of the most customized Slingshots sporting amongst everything else, the newest Slingshade! Needless to say it was a main attraction as everyone made sure to check out the new slingshade. Dana arrived with the typical Slingshot windshield but one look at our new Nascar Styled Windshield and he had us removing the one from our demo and trying it into the Slingshade for fit, He was ecstatic, "no other windshield fits the Slingshade like this" his words, not mine , but we couldn't agree more . After a bit of negotiating with other customers who had already purchased our last new windshield Dana left for Missouri with one installed.

While as you can see in the accompanying photos of Dana,s SS the fit is near perfect, but after conferring with Dana and another one of his Missouri buddies, whom has also ordered our new Nascar Styled Windshield, the decision was made to adjust our templates slightly to better accommodate the A post and roof lines of the Slingshade. Another main attraction which impressed the new Slingshade owners was that our tallboys are made to order, and the customer can determine just how high he wants his windshield.
    The new fibreglass base, being the backbone of our windshield design , provides for the side to side sweep that so well accommodates the Slingshade and the minimum 10 degrees more slope than any other windshield available, aligns the glazing surface up perfectly with the sloping lines of the Slingshade,s A posts.

• As others have said I love the look of your windshield, however the concern i have is that to me looking through the WS seems dangerous without a wiper due to possible impaired visibility due to grime and fogging.

Are any of you with tall F4 or @kev WS that look through it ever concerned or hindered by this? and if so is it just one of these things you just suck it up and endure due to how "great" tall WS are in your opinion.

Also @kev it has been answered but i can't remember are your WS made of the same material as F4 ones?

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• yes @Neosolidus.both the f4 custom windshield manufacturer and I are firm believers in the benefits of polycarbonate verses acrylic.the two are not even comparable in strength. Most acrylics being ten to twenty times stronger than plate glass while polycarbonates are some 200 to 250 times stronger ! And for safety reasons the polycarbonate wins hands down again as it is not near as brittle and is widely chosen by the safety glasses industry for that reason. It is almost impact resistant while acrylic is easily shattered by a single blow. The downfalls of polycarbonate verses acrylic are poly is the softer material and tends to scratch easier and tends to discolor over time due to U.V. rays. Hence the most reputable polycarbonate windshield manufacturers such as F4 (and now myself,see next post) use a baked on hardcoating to vastly enhance the abrasion resistance of polycarbonate . F4,s website is a great source of info for this topic and you can witness their infamous steel wool test demonstrating the scratch resistance of polycarbonate with these baked on hardcoats

• a big shout out to techneglas of Perrysburg Ohio. I recently attended a meeting in Perrysburg where the head of sales and the head technical rep (a chemist , i believe) Actually took the time to not only give me a complete product demonstration but had previously blended and applied to a polycarbonate sample ( as per my specifications and application )their proposed hardcoat. Needless to say I was blown away by the customer service and technical expertise available to an inquiring small windshield manufacturer and expressed this sincerely. Their response was at, at techneglass all our assets ,research and engineering expertise are available to all customers big or small ! And I can certainly attest to their sincerity in that mission statement. As one of North America's largest manufacturers of glass resin coatings in the semi conductor, diode and solar cell industries, their technicall expertise is unparralled ! And I am only too proud to announce all of our windshields going forward will be hardcoated, both sides using their patented technologies. Their hardcoat is a silicon based hardcoat and baked on to permanently provide, not only the most abrasion resistant hardcoating but also custom blended to our specifictions to provide U.V.inhibitors as well as optical clarity.! They were only too happy to provide me with 1000 grit steel wool and let me attack their sample . Without a doubt our new windshields will pass the infamous steel wool test and provide the strongest polycrbonate substrate available with the utmost in U.V protection and optical clarity ! Combined with the absence of factory bends, as our new fibreglass windshield base provides the stability required, hence the optical clarity simply is not distorted anywhere ! All previous purchasers of our chemically sealed windshields have been contacted and will be provided with a new lens providing these latest advancements in polycarbonate hardcoats . Thank you Techneglas.

• one question @kev you may now the answer may have even been posted already...What did polaris change to accommodate the top weight? Not that im impressed with the top ..looks cool but very thin... I see myself breaking the locks on the first night.

• one question @kev you may now the answer may have even been posted already...What did polaris change to accommodate the top weight? Not that im impressed with the top ..looks cool but very thin... I see myself breaking the locks on the first night.

To the best of my knowledge they didn't change anything nor do they have to, the Regs that define motorcyle manufacturing in THE U.S.A. or Canada are virtually the same almost word for word, just kilos verses pounds but the numbers are the same. The top is not sold as standard equipment therefore no manufacturer has to include its weight in their filings for complying with the Regs. With regards to the Regs (regulations) THE MAXIMUM GROSS VEHICLE Weight and Front and BACK AXLE WEIGHTS ( GVWR and GAWR) that it should be operated at is determined by , what weight it can be operated at, when sold new, with standard equipment on board. Not, might be operated at someday, down the road, You see no manufacturer can control what mods are done once it leaves the dealers showroom floor , and even if the slingshade and other mods are added there, It legally remains the operators responsibility to then, only load the vehicle accordingly, so that the Gross vehicle weight and axle weights AS STATED on the compliance label, are not exceeded when operating, . You and I know, these weights get exceeded everyday on modified vehicles (including Harleys, SPYDERS, ETC ) but the manufacturer uses "cover thine ass" language in its purchase agreements and advertisements. you will notice the disclaimer , waiver, notice, whichever you want to call it, on the bottom of all Polaris accessories website pages which states (amongst other things) " When adding accessories, equipment, passengers and luggage to your vehicle, do not exceed the total weight capacity of the vehicle or of the front or rear axle GVWR or GAWR, as indicated on the Safety Compliance Certification label)."

So legally they have told you, its ok to add 100 lbs of top etc BUT its your responsibility to then lower your loading ( passenger, fuel, luggage weight etc) accordingly, to not exceed the stated gross weights and /or axle weights. Again , you and I and Polaris knows this isn't going to happen, but they have covered there asses !

So basically its, MOD AWAY, just know you do so at your own risk and responsibility. There,s no blaming somebody else down the road for your own decisions. if your loaded heavily and don't drive accordingly, there may be consequences. It would be nice to be able to blame the weight of our own lead foot on somebody else but again its something we are supposed to take into account for. its just that @Slingrazor and others can,t add !!! lmao.

• @kev

Do you make a version close to the shorter stock blade height?

Yah sure , cause in the hot summer I prefer, like others, to look over, not through the polycarbonate. Hence my sportster version , while still using our NASCAR STYLED fibreglass base it is still more aerodynamically correct and makes for a smoother airflow across the cockpit however its the same height as the basic blade, I never realized I forgot to post pics of it on my website but its there now, on my windshields page , under Sportster, heading. I also then like to just replace the lens on the same base with my taller one come cooler months.

• Yah sure , cause in the hot summer I prefer, like others, to look over, not through the polycarbonate. Hence my sportster version , while still using our NASCAR STYLED fibreglass base it is still more aerodynamically correct and makes for a smoother airflow across the cockpit however its the same height as the basic blade, I never realized I forgot to post pics of it on my website but its there now, on my windshields page , under Sportster, heading. I also then like to just replace the lens on the same base with my taller one come cooler months.

Damn That sling is gorgeous!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!