Hydroplane again

• Thank God I was not in the sling. Driving home from work you could not see 2 feet in front of you. I was behind another car and a pickup on my ass with a massive grill. All I know is I felt bump and I was spinning out of control. I think the truck tag my ass. Anyway I felt the car go off the road and BAM I was being thrown around like a rag doll. Broke my seat I was laying in the back seat looking out the broken rear window, was like WTF car full of smoke from the useless airbags. As you can see car it a total, I am fine, have to walk with a cane. My body feels like a punching bag from Rocky. Left leg cant hold me up. Drove my SS today, all I could do to keep her on the road, don't quite have the strength to hold it on the road. I thinking I might need a alignment. X(

• Another one that's happy you are just walking with a cane! That could have been much worse very easily! Likely you got tapped in the rear, and I'm sure they didn't bother to stop and check on you. I've had too much death in my life in the past 18 months as it is.

On that note, I found out late this morning that my wife's cousin (from NC, one of the ones she's closest to.... like a sister) was on her way home from an AA meeting last night. Truck pulled out in front of her, and the impact was bad. She didn't make it. :(

• Another one that's happy you are just walking with a cane! That could have been much worse very easily! Likely you got tapped in the rear, and I'm sure they didn't bother to stop and check on you. I've had too much death in my life in the past 18 months as it is.

On that note, I found out late this morning that my wife's cousin (from NC, one of the ones she's closest to.... like a sister) was on her way home from an AA meeting last night. Truck pulled out in front of her, and the impact was bad. She didn't make it. :(

Your right No one stopped. I stood in the rain for over 2 hours waiting on AAA. OHP stopped and told me I had 2 choices he make the calls and take care of it all and write me a big ticket or I take care of it myself. I was like I think I will take care of it myself. Ticket for what? I just was like in shock.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Brother, that sucks!!! Do you need anything besides kicking a truck drivers a $$.
    Now I know your weakness! You are great in the turns, but you you can't go straight worth a darn.

LMAO that's funny right there. :thumbsup:

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Your right No one stopped. I stood in the rain for over 2 hours waiting on AAA. OHP stopped and told me I had 2 choices he make the calls and take care of it all and write me a big ticket or I take care of it myself. I was like I think I will take care of it myself. Ticket for what? I just was like in shock.

Probably would have nailed you for “Failure to Maintain Control” - that covers just about any accident and makes money for the state - nice of the trooper to give you the option - some wouldn’t

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @Chain...so glad you're as good as you are after that!!! Sorry it happened at all tho!!!

@Goats_Hogs....really sorry to hear about your wife's cousin!! Our condolences to your wife, her family, and friends.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

Sorry for the family's loss my friend.

RNJ12

• Thank God I was not in the sling. Driving home from work you could not see 2 feet in front of you. I was behind another car and a pickup on my ass with a massive grill. All I know is I felt bump and I was spinning out of control. I think the truck tag my ass. Anyway I felt the car go off the road and BAM I was being thrown around like a rag doll. Broke my seat I was laying in the back seat looking out the broken rear window, was like WTF car full of smoke from the useless airbags. As you can see car it a total, I am fine, have to walk with a cane. My body feels like a punching bag from Rocky. Left leg cant hold me up. Drove my SS today, all I could do to keep her on the road, don't quite have the strength to hold it on the road. I thinking I might need a alignment. X(

You can always get another car but you only get one life. Glad you made it out alive.

RNJ12

• @Chain thank God you are just bummed up. Besides a cane makes you look distinguished.

On that note, I found out late this morning that my wife's cousin (from NC, one of the ones she's closest to.... like a sister) was on her way home from an AA meeting last night. Truck pulled out in front of her, and the impact was bad. She didn't make it.

Brent, So sorry for the loss. You and Sharon and family are in our thoughts and prayers.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~