Slingshot Bucks like mad when taking off briskly

• I have an alpha supercharger on my 2015 slingshot. I installed The kit myself. I am certain that I made no mistakes in the installation. The ECM has been reflashed for the super. I am experiencing a misfire at hard acceleration in first or second gear, in the higher rev range. I suspect it might be a gas starvation issue but I replaced the injectors with the injectors supplied with the supercharger kit.

Did you replace the fuel rail?

• Mine just did it a couple days ago again. When it does it I just swing my cowboy hat around and yell yeeeeeee haaaaaaaa. And ride it out. When I had it at the dealer a couple weeks ago I told them but they couldn't get it to replicate the issue so I guess I'm going to have to live with it for now.

• Mine (non boosted) is at the dealer now for my 5th gear reduced speed issue...I just talked to the mechanic and he said he took a test ride and it was bucking him out of the seat in 4th gear...I never had that experience yet but I’m glad he found it....now nobody there knows how to fix it...

• I have an alpha supercharger on my 2015 slingshot. I installed The kit myself. I am certain that I made no mistakes in the installation. The ECM has been reflashed for the super. I am experiencing a misfire at hard acceleration in first or second gear, in the higher rev range. I suspect it might be a gas starvation issue but I replaced the injectors with the injectors supplied with the supercharger kit.

A couple of questions come to mind, traction control on or off? stock rear tire? full fuel tank? If it only happens in first and second it may not be fuel starvation but rather fuel or spark cut out from nannies. I doubt a fuel rail will fix the problem without some other adjustments.

• This bucking problem....is this a relatively new issue overall or has it been ongoing?

If so how long has everyone been noticing it? Has anyone reported it to their dealer?

One more thing...mine is not boosted...so if you have the bucking problem are you boosted or not boosted?

I’ve just been doing some reading and some suggest it could be the rear wheel speed sensor going bad.....

• OK thanks, ive seen them, somewhere, i thought it was just a decorative item. Ill find them and order one.

You don't "need" a fuel rail and installing one won't fix your issue. Sorry you received poor information.

Turn off your traction control and see if the same issue repeats itself as noted above.

Do you have an AFR gauge? If so, what does it read when the iissue occurs?

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• You don't "need" a fuel rail and installing one won't fix your issue. Sorry you received poor information.

Turn off your traction control and see if the same issue repeats itself as noted above.

Do you have an AFR gauge? If so, what does it read when the iissue occurs?

Is there any advantage to a new aftermarket fuel rail for a ss without a turbo?

RNJ12

• The center-feed fuel rail looks nice and should be better than the stock rail, but may not really be needed unless running extra boost demanding more fuel.

Question for the folks complaining about bucking - Are you still running the factory coil-overs? Some folks have referred to slight irregularities in the road surface and before I installed my Bilstein coil-overs, my rear wheel didn't always stay planted , especially when crossing RR tracks.