Catalytic converter delete

• Is removing the catalytic converter worth doing for a non turbo power increase? I'm going with a cai and welter exhaust.

Short answer is yes. If you do nothing else to your Slingshot do the cat delete and the CAI. As far as I am concerned the best bang for your money that you can do and I gained 4 MPG with just this and a good bit of seat of the pants power. As to what else you should do, go with the DDM Short Shifter and the knob. Then it is up to you as to how much money that you want to spend. Myself I will stay NA I do not have the cash flow for the turbo or super charger. There are only a couple more things that I can do for more power. I already have the Welter Duals and Bob's tune also plus all of the handling stuff which I really needed. If you need anything just send me a message.

• I am considering the +5 windshield, but had not thought about the shifter. I just retired, and this is my toy!
    I want to keep it reliable, and forced induction is no where near my budget.

I do not like looking through a wind screen (no wipers) I have had the wind screen fog up instantly while running 85 mile per hour on the interstate. If you can not sit up and look over it you are in serious trouble. Of course if you will be like a lot of the people on this forum they do not have to worry about this because there Slingshot spends most of it's miles on a trailer. :POKESS: Also remember according to what kind of top and exhaust system, you more than likely will have to deal with gas fumes (just something to think about). If I had to start over, everything would be for performance first. :D

• How would one accomplish this feat?

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

You remove the catalytic converter & install a cat delete pipe in its place. I have one available if anyone needs it. These were $225 on slingmods but no longer available - will sell for $100, shipping included. You have to transfer the donut gasket over from the cat converter to the delete pipe.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Edited 2 times, last by Tripod ().

• I do not like looking through a wind screen (no wipers) I have had the wind screen fog up instantly while running 85 mile per hour on the interstate. If you can not sit up and look over it you are in serious trouble. Of course if you will be like a lot of the people on this forum they do not have to worry about this because there Slingshot spends most of it's miles on a trailer. :POKESS: Also remember according to what kind of top and exhaust system, you more than likely will have to deal with gas fumes (just something to think about). If I had to start over, everything would be for performance first. :D

"Of course if you will be like a lot of the people on this forum they do not have to worry about this because there Slingshot spends most of it's miles on a trailer."

That would be ME. :thumbsup:

:00008172: And I don't mind!!!!

But yes seriously @FunCycle has some real world experience on this subject... and could save you from double buying a mod ... "measure twice & cut ...." u get the idea

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• That's why I try to ask questions before I do any mods! I'm retired, and my sling is not gonna be on a trailer.
    I like the idea of better performance without the CC. I just don't want too much noise, as I already have tinnitus and don't need
    any more ringing in my ears!

• That's why I try to ask questions before I do any mods! I'm retired, and my sling is not gonna be on a trailer.
    I like the idea of better performance without the CC. I just don't want too much noise, as I already have tinnitus and don't need
    any more ringing in my ears!

The best sounding exhaust as far as I am concerned is the stock muffler with the Cat delete pipe. You have that low down bubbly growl and it is not to loud.

• You remove the catalytic converter & install a cat delete pipe in its place. I have one available if anyone needs it. These were $225 on slingmods but no longer available - will sell for $100, shipping included. You have to transfer the donut gasket over from the cat converter to the delete pipe.

Good morning @Tripod, do you still have the cat delete pipe you referred to in this post?

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

Edited once, last by MWSlingshot ().

• Is removing the catalytic converter worth doing for a non turbo power increase? I'm going with a cai and welter exhaust.

I just noticed you are from Milton, In. I'm just up the road from you in Lynn. We stop in Cambridge City quite often to eat at Number 9 Grill or Cole's. We pass thru Milton really often when the weather is nice, as the roads start getting fun not far south of you. We'll have to hook up went the weather breaks....

• I just noticed you are from Milton, In. I'm just up the road from you in Lynn. We stop in Cambridge City quite often to eat at Number 9 Grill or Cole's. We pass thru Milton really often when the weather is nice, as the roads start getting fun not far south of you. We'll have to hook up went the weather breaks....

When weather breaks? That's like beginning of May right? Even though I fly free I won't go north from middle of October till middle middle of April. It was cold here last night at 63 degrees. Although I grew up on cold weather I'm far to old for that now.

RNJ12

• When weather breaks? That's like beginning of May right? Even though I fly free I won't go north from middle of October till middle middle of April. It was cold here last night at 63 degrees. Although I grew up on cold weather I'm far to old for that now.

RNJ12

We can have decent weather in March, but usually short lived. I've seen 70's in March, but the last time I remember it happening the next day a tornado ripped thru town! I've ridden 2 wheels in freezing rain and snow a long time ago. I ride for fun now, and below 50 just isn't fun like it once was. We've already had heavy frosts in my area, and they have salted (calcium) the bridges and low spots. I won't ride on that, can't get it cleaned well enough and corrodes parts quickly. Seems worse on a two wheeler, and I'll not risk it with my Slingshot.

You pretty well hit it other than we are getting later in fall now. Seems the season's have shifted for us. It might be late May or even June before it gets hotter out. Last couple of Mays it was later in the month before it was warm enough out to be without a jacket. The last two weeks of October we had temps in the 70's and 80's, but after that it was gone.