Won't start!

• Slingshot won't start. Just had my clutch sensor replaced yesterday (there was a check engine light on). Worked for the day. Came home. Wouldn't start. Everything turns on but push the red button and nothing. Anyone have this happen?

Also , how do you get your SS serviced when it dies somewhere? The service manager at the dealer that did the work is new and he has no idea what they do in this situation.

• My guess is that the new sensor is either bad or improperly adjusted. The clutch sensor is a safety item intended to not allow you to start the machine unless the clutch is pushed in...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Don’t panic yet...do you have the dead battery clicks or just a slight one click from the starter button.

Try swapping the relays in the fuse box...swap the starter relay with the aux. try rocking it in gear to get the starter to turn..

If you ever need it put on a flat bed tow truck...tell your have a corvette because of th3 ground clearance...

I’m having the exact same problem.. try to drift start it in gear...get a push...catch it in second..

• My dealer has a new starter ordered for mine...on their dime...I’ll take it...

That said....does yours have an alarm system installed?

It can be the starter relay going bad...
    clutch sensor
    Starter
    Starter solenoid
    Starter button or
    the starter kill feature in your alarm..or
    none of the above..

And that’s why I just ordered one of these..

https://slingshotbodykits.com/…GSHOT_TRANSPORTER%2C.html

15% off Sale ends today...

• So now I’ll add the ignition switch to the list of things it could be.

How do you turn the key backwards?

Let me ask another stupid question. I’ve heard about the weight from too many keys being on the key ring could screw up the ignition switch in cars. How much junk is on your key ring? Mine has the giant factory key, the factory remote, helmet lock key, steering lock key.

• just had to order a optima battery today.... havent been off work since july 4th and first day i get off and plan to ride i have a dead battery and it wont charge .. lesson learned always crank every other day

Let me ask another stupid question. I’ve heard about the weight from too many keys being on the key ring could screw up the ignition switch in cars. How much junk is on your key ring? Mine has the giant factory key, the factory remote, helmet lock key, steering lock key.

Mine has the little paper tag attached to it from the dealer.

• just had to order a optima battery today.... havent been off work since july 4th and first day i get off and plan to ride i have a dead battery and it wont charge .. lesson learned always crank every other day

my dealer recommended keeping the SS trickle charged when parked and it came with a battery tender connection cable installed.

That said was the old battery an optima? They are different than regular batteries...if they drop below 10-11 volts you’re in trouble. They can be brought back to life usually but you need to use two twelve volt batteries to hook to it.. with a charger to supply the right voltage boost.

If you keep your junk on your key ring, you're going to have more problems than not starting in the morning

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• ok so potential issues aside. Does the dealer usually have a flat bed? You get your own? You pay for it when it's warranty?

Does AAA do this?

If it is warranty work and this warranty repair is preventing you to drive it to the dealer Polaris will pay to have it towed to the dealer. Polaris covered mine. Just keep in mind the tow truck driver may ask for payment (mine did) I laughed and told him bill my dealer and he did.

• @Locapacow do you have anyone that can help you push start it? It won't take much of a push. Just be sure it's in second gear when you pop the clutch. @Tripod was spot on about the clutch sensor. If you just had it replaced, chances are the new one is bad, or the dealer didn't install it properly. It might even be as simple as the connector came unplugged.

As for towing back to the dealer, AAA will do it if you have the Plus package. Otherwise your dealer should have a way.