MeanSling interior liner kits - Feed back wanted.

• MeanSling is in the middle of development of an interior liner (carpet) kit. Its a little different in the type of material (carpet) than what you have seen to date. We want to offer a product that gives the look of quality automotive carpet but with all the weather resistance the SlingShot has been designed to except. You will be able to wash and clean your SlingShot just as you always have and the carpet can stay in place. Our first prototype samples (9 pcs total) will be here this week. What we are looking for is what you, the SlingShot owner, is really wanting. What we are looking for is feedback for what you would like to see, what sections of the Slingshot you want to have covered and most importantly what price would you like to pay. Please keep in mind that I do not have a retail price at this time. Until the samples are received, evaluated and fastener system confirmed to work, I cannot lock down a production cost. Your feedback will help to lock this down better.

If you don't mind take a moment and answer the questions below. Corresponding number with a simple answer.

(1) What parts of the SlingShot would you like to see covered ?

(2) Would black carpet with colored binding (edge material) be OK ? Red, blue, orange, black
    (please understand that color matching carpet is currently not possible and limiting binding colors will also be needed to start. No custom colors)

(3) What price point would you like to see your ideal carpet/liner kit ( based on question #1) ?

(4) How important would easy removal be if carpet is designed to be washable while installed ?

To secure the kit on the vertical surfaces and to keep floor mats from sliding (liability issue) we have to use metal grommets and the some existing factory torx head fastener locations. with the removal of these fasteners (limited numbers used) the carpet/liners can then be removed easily. We DO NOT want to use snap fasteners as this would require you to drill and mount male snaps to the plastic interior panels of your SlingShot. MeanSling will always try to limit the amount of modifications required to install our designed products.

We will post images this weekend as we get the parts installed. YOu will get to see what we are doing at that time... :D
    We just want to supply you guys the best part possible at a reasonable price for all of us... :thumbsup:

Patrick Bennett (AKA Ruptured Duck)
    http://www.meansling.com

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• 1) Full floor coverage of driver and passenger (under seat not important, neither are kick plate areas--for me) and possibly transmission tunnel walls (depending what the finish looks like)... I like the underground auto styling ones, but definitely don't like the price (they do standard "Slingshot" pricing on everything :thumbdown: ).

2) Yes... Just sucks I couldn't get green... ;(

3) I'm okay with paying similar to what's currently available (obviously I paid full price--gasp--for the slingmods ones). So, like $100 for the floor mats. And if the transmission walls would be $100 total, that would be sweet!

4) OCD says to remove to vacuum underneath... Transmission walls would never need to be removed, but the floor mats seem to be a habit...

My 2¢... :thumbup:

• Would love to see drivers side all the way around pedals (gapingholesville).
    Transmission tunnel both sides
    Passenger and kick plate area

Black is fine

< 150

Not super important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• (1) What parts of the SlingShot would you like to see covered ?

Floor / Trans Tunnel / Front kick plates /

Side notes - (a) some sort of reinforced area for your heal would be great
    (b) Tunnel sections need to tuck up under the plastic trim / the early foam ones did not fit that well

(2) Would black carpet with colored binding (edge material) be OK ? Red, blue, orange, black
    (please understand that color matching carpet is currently not possible and limiting binding colors will also be needed to start. No custom colors)

Black would be best - marine carpet in black will not show as much dirt as the foam versions and will wear much better

(3) What price point would you like to see your ideal carpet/liner kit ( based on question #1) ?

$100 = $150 if possible

(4) How important would easy removal be if carpet is designed to be washable while installed ?

Canvas Snaps would be great on all pieces, you can get them in black.
    The biggest problem with the glued tunnel pieces is the can not be removed and cleaned.

When can I place my order?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Personally, I don't have any problem with snap fasteners. I would prefer to remove any floor coverings without hardware removal. I was surprised at the moisture that was retained under my previous floor mats after a brief exposure to rain. It is my practice to pop them loose and stand them on edge to dry after washing or riding in wet weather.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Thank you all. Based off you thinking here is a little feedback of my own.

The kick panel in front of the pedals is a liability concern of mine. Placement of anything that could possible fall and jam/lodge around any of the pedals is a big No No in the lawsuit world we live in. For this reason alone I will not supply anything in that area. Maybe there is a product that can be made to cover the holes but be applied to the outside in the engine compartment.

The price point of under $200 that includes two large side tunnel covers, two front floor mats and passenger side kick panel cover "may" be possible but no promises. These will be U.S. made out of Dalton GA so cost want be supper cheap to start with.

The foot pads were requested from the start but because of the material used the manufacturer has concerns. They assure me the durability testing they have performed on the chosen material is very high. We will see. This is why you get prototypes.

As for the fasteners used. If part of the design works well it may be possible to eliminate the use of factory fasteners. Driver's side mat still concerns me regarding slipping under and binding pedals. That is the one mat I may have to stick to the original design. It is secure.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Oh yah! @Tech_Rick you're spot on!

I had originally considered the OEM side bags, but probably wouldn't use them that much... And either way, you'd still see the unfinished side.

I regret not painting the inside of those, but having a material match the transmission tunnels would flow much better and give the cockpit a more finished, designed look... Patrick? Is it possible? And would pieces be sold separately?

• I second this !

• IOh yah! @Tech_Rick you're spot on!

I had originally considered the OEM side bags, but probably wouldn't use them that much... And either way, you'd still see the unfinished side.

I regret not painting the inside of those, but having a material match the transmission tunnels would flow much better and give the cockpit a more finished, designed look... Patrick? Is it possible? And would pieces be sold separately?

@MiM @Tech_Rick have patterns for that area for possible future addition to the kits if they sell well. The problem is that so far the desired price range would definitely not include these additional pieces.
    Also they would have to be a Velcro or glued into position liners.
    There are also a few obstacles in that area requiring some tight sewing. Will need to check and see if possible.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• I am on board with every thing everyone has said, except I wouldn't want the trans tunnel. I don't think the carpet look on this area would be very pleasing....in my opinion. I would only want the driver/passenger floor board and passenger kick plate. I do like the idea for the unfinished look on the outer edges of the seats.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• @Ruptured Duck I look forward to seeing the material you use.

I'm happy with my Slingmods ones, but being carpet they will need replacing at some point. ;) FYI: They do attach on the drivers side with nylon straps and these(see pic)

rapped around the two legs of the seat bracket. May work well for yours. They use no retention on passenger side(though the stock speaker pod kinda wedges it down)

• Thanks @WOLF
    Had a chance to look at these mats when @FunCycle stuff was at my house pending it's repairs. All options are on the table. Just need to see how the first design works out. I'm honestly trying to produce a more finished look with the ability to install and forget. Like real automotive carpet. Will see if I hit the mark or fall short. If it falls short than it's basically a floor liner set and will be developed accordingly. The trick is to design something different than what's already in the market. It's the lead or follow development plan.

(Slingshot Owners Group)