MeanSling interior liner kits - Feed back wanted.

• Well, Mr @Ruptured Duck you must be some kind of importent sumbitch. Or you have some kind of klout
    Today here is Prezident day, the whole stinkin Fedral guvmint took the day off, but Mr. Mailman came to work to deliver MY personal floor mats. Juzt for me.

What I be tryin to say is you got some grate service Mr Duck. Thanks much.

:thumbup:

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Watching... :saint:

@MiM lol too funny. It wouldn't be much of a discount since they'd still be new and never out of the box--if I can resist the temptation not to check out the quality. Seeing that I'd be purchasing another set..you'd be lucky to save $5 if I was in a good mood LOL See, these are a first run, first edition set..which means the value increases two folds :00008172:

• My set arrived today and I've been circling the box for a couple of hours since I made it home! Oh, the temptation LOL It's raining outside which is really helping me to hold it together and not open this "limited edition first run" full set of MeanSling mats! After being caught in the rain briefly last night, I'm so happy these didn't arrive over the weekend because I may have given into temptation and installed them. Which could have depreciated the overall value of these amazing mats LOL Who cares about weather tech when you have so many members giving great feedback like MACAWS!

• IMPORTANT!

We have made some changes based off feedback from the first production run. To optimize the mats for better fitment to the 2017-2018 model SlingShots with 2nd Gen speaker pods we are tooling up for a new mat shape. Current design will work but we feel a better fitting mat is what our customers deserve.

The new mat pattern should be ready to go on sell in the next 3 weeks. We will be adding all new part numbers to the website this week and will be happy to take pre-orders.

The current inventory is still available and is optimized for 2015 - 2016.5 models with 1st Gen speaker pods as well as all 2015-Current models without speaker pods.

I have tried to contact everyone that has placed an order to make sure they have no issues with installation. Please feel free to PM me if I have not contacted you regarding any 2017-current models with 2nd Gen speaker pods.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• Installed mine yesterday. I could not remove the driver-side speaker pod or driver seat. The bolt on the speaker pod was stripped and the seats must have been installed with an impact wrench and loctite! But it worked out fine after I stretched for 10 minutes and got in there. Long story short...I love them! Great job RD! Just a tip for the tunnel mats: use some two-sided gorilla tape if you have an area that need a little adjustment. I still put my black carpet mat on top as well.

• I see you have black carpet mats like mine How do the tunnel mats look next to your original mats hard to tell in the pic

@supermoto292 I have a set at my house I have not installed. Trading with MeanSling for the 2018 version. If you want to see them come on over

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Thanks for the correction everyone. Once I'd posted and looked back I noticed the mix up and was already on the go. Another one of the mods to consider if a nice off the shelf ones won't work with the SS.

• @Ruptured Duck finally got around to installing mine yesterday. I have the PRP gen 2 seats and I seem to remember you asking if anyone’s installed with them yet. Well, here you go. First off, let me compliment you on the design and fitment. I had a couple issues with where the snaps ended up on a couple pieces but I got past it. Anyway, drove in a parade today and in years past I was cooking in the cockpit by midway. Whether you meant for these to do this or not, These things work great for heat reduction. Now, for the install:
    First off, there’s no way in hell to get the side pieces on without removing the seats so it quickly turned Into a project. Of course to remove the seats I also had to remove the PRP harnesses so I could get the seats out. So, out they came, seats and harnesses. For the harnesses I only needed to remove the bolts holding the harnesses on the inside so that wasn’t too bad. The attatchment points on the rear deck were left alone. The rest of the seat removal was pretty standard.
    Once removed, it gave me a chance to clean up in there. After 2 years of dust and rain it was pretty nasty under there so, again, another good point. Once the seats were removed the install was pretty straight forward. I did NOT have to remove the speaker pods to get the rear snaps on. To install the snaps I used a good #2 philips screw driver and just manually screwed the snaps into the plastic by hand. I didn’t do pilot holes either as I wanted them as tight as possible. Manually turning the snaps in place with a little pressure to get them started was enough. One note is that the rear side panel snaps ended up a little low on the plastic and the snap ran into the frame that surrounds the transmission. I had to place the rear part of each of the side panels about 1/4 “ under the covers for the center console. Wasn’t a problem and they look good. Another issue was the placement of the snaps on the inside lower passenger piece. The snaps were right on a seam. The left side was right on a body panel bolt and the right side ended up right smack on the seam. I left that one off as it really has enough with just the rear snaps. Actually, Both driver and passenger side floor pieces have enough to hold them in place with just the rear snaps.
    It was a 4-5 hour install for me. Mostly because of the seats and harness removals. Not difficult, just tedious. However, I will vouch for these Matt’s as being well worth the effort and money.
    Great job Patrick :thumbup: