MeanSling interior liner kits - Feed back wanted.

• @Neosolidus various kits will be offered and I'm working on a possible small discreet logo. The material that I have chosen (best for what we do with the SlingShot) is not that easy to add custom patches. Working with the supplier to see what options I have. I'm kind of in @MiM court on branding but have to do what ever I can to make sure the MeanSling name and or logo are seen. Very fine line here. The SlingBags are getting a little revamp the second production run to try and dial back the branding a little. Sense they are not a permanent item it's ok to be a little bolder there.
    The hook was just made yesterday and still have a ways to go. There is no good place to mount without conflict with body work. It has to be moved out bound and that requires a very ridged mounting bracket to be fad. Hope by December for it.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• @MiM yes I was not wanting to point out the large branding most use, so thanks for bringing it up. @Ruptured Duck I understand the desire for branding on a product, even if small but it also adds to the overall cost to the customer. I have done more advertising for manufacturer's who's items are logo free than the ones who make me detest seeing my vehicle as a running advertisement. I may be one of the few who actually like my vehicles sticker and logo free, unless it's added for a personal touch..say if we ordered the mats with a personal logo, phrase. At the end of the day I understand the business side. How about putting an embroidered tag on the back of the floor mats with the MeanSling name and/or logo could be an option vs embroidery onto the mats themselves. Definitely looking like a top notch product and soliciting feedback to put out the best product is awesome.

I purchased some aftermarket mats for a couple of my cars once and I'd venture to say the product was better than the big name manufacturer's product! The seller sent out samples of the fabric for selection and made it a painless process. I have talked them up to every BMW, Porsche, Benz, or any car lover who asks about them. They had an excellent price point and the mats have worn well, with no complaints from me.

Thanks for the time you're spending to bring a quality product that's functional.

• @Zorasmiles I agree about branding. As a product development manager for an aftermarket Jeep accessories company I detest some of what the owner requires us to do in regards to brand size and placement.

As a new company and needing to have visibility in the slingshot market you almost have to have some visible logo. It might be a simple tag off to the side. The bags are the only thing that currently has a logo.

The sad thing is that if you don't brand (trademark) and your products get duplicate in appearance (so common these days) know one really knows if you are getting the original. Like I said it's a very fine line.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Well, I think the logos on the bags are not a problem... They look good. But you're on the right track with something that may be more permanent... A small corner or tag with the logo on the mats would be okay... Like 2 inch by 1/2 inch.

• @Zorasmiles I agree about branding. As a product development manager for an aftermarket Jeep accessories company I detest some of what the owner requires us to do in regards to brand size and placement.

As a new company and needing to have visibility in the slingshot market you almost have to have some visible logo. It might be a simple tag off to the side. The bags are the only thing that currently has a logo.

The sad thing is that if you don't brand (trademark) and your products get duplicate in appearance (so common these days) know one really knows if you are getting the original. Like I said it's a very fine line.

@Ruptured Duck I completely agree with the visibility of the upstart and competing in the slingshot market it's a must to have the visibility. YES, I completely detest weeding through so many fake items to get to the original when trying to get a product that I want, so I'm good with product trademarks and copyrighting. I know the backside of being robbed by companies who hoover waiting for a new product so that they can quickly order "one" and produce a few thousand to sell after copying. Honestly, I've missed seeing the bags and will have to search after posting this to give me an idea of what Mim is stating.

• A logo looks good on the floor. I like the MeanSling logo better than the Slingshot sprocket, so...

Also could use a simple SS somewhere if appropriate.

exactly it doesn't have to be excessive but they need something in them to make them pop, if nothing else take a page from porsche

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Going to have to limit the trim colors to start. Also need to see how it will look. It will be a neoprene type binding with an accent strip. The way the carpet lays out in the SlingShot I need too make sure it is even and confirm that it will be visible in a clean and straight manner.

Red,
    Blue,
    Black,
    Orange,
    White possible.

I know everyone wants a bespoke type of product but I will still be limited by production run minimums and inventory that can move. The day I can sit on inventory is the day you guys know that MeanSling has made it... :thumbsup:

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Also what do we think about non colored trim and colored logo/letters, we have to remember that @Ruptured Duck can't easily meets everyone random color schemes so let's try to keep it simple so he can make one big batch which should help keep cost low and in turn hopefully the final price will reflect that.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.