MeanSling interior liner kits - Feed back wanted.

• I knew these mats were going to look nice!! They look functional as well...now the wait begins for pricing and availability..mods on hold to leave a few pennies in the safe for the mats just in case LOL One thing about this forum--"If you sign online, it's like signing online to spend money" lol On the bright side, "At least you can see almost every penny when you look at the Slingshot...to think mine is in her infancy of draining me of my spare funds LOL

• I knew these mats were going to look nice!! They look functional as well...now the wait begins for pricing and availability..mods on hold to leave a few pennies in the safe for the mats just in case LOL One thing about this forum--"If you sign online, it's like signing online to spend money" lol On the bright side, "At least you can see almost every penny when you look at the Slingshot...to think mine is in her infancy of draining me of my spare funds LOL

Count me in as well!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Kits will be ready to be ordered by this Monday. Orders will be shipping by Friday Feb. 16th 2018.

Final pricing will be up before orders will be taken.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Have you tried installing them with PRP seats?
    Just wondering if we can get them in without removing seats

Can't wait to get mine!

I do not have the seats but would think they should still be able to be installed.
    Will try and look at images but sense they mount to the factory brackets I would have to assume the general size and location of the seat surfaces will not cause an issue. I have the newer SlingShot stock seats that sit higher than the original design so I know the factory seats are covered.
    Taking your time and properly cleaning the plastic surface ( any type if armor all or black magic type of shining product must be totally removed), allowing it to dry and properly applying the 3M promoter will be the most important step.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Kits will be ready to be ordered by this Monday. Orders will be shipping by Friday Feb. 16th 2018.

Final pricing will be up before orders will be taken.

Are you going to go back through this thread and fill orders by who ever spoke up first or are you going to open up the availability to order them and let it be first come first serve.

Personally I don't have an issue with either, just wondering how ordering will be handled.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I would assume for ease of kit application PRP seats would have to be removed. If I recall correctly(haven't had PRPs in for a while) the seat bottom pretty much touch's the trans tunnel wall. Sliding a sticky backed pad beside them, while in place, seems like a losing or at least very frustrating battle. I would remove the seats to save money from going into the swear jar. ;)

I agree with @Ruptured Duck that they will fit with PRP seats.

• I do not have the seats but would think they should still be able to be installed.Will try and look at images but sense they mount to the factory brackets I would have to assume the general size and location of the seat surfaces will not cause an issue. I have the newer SlingShot stock seats that sit higher than the original design so I know the factory seats are covered.
    Taking your time and properly cleaning the plastic surface ( any type if armor all or black magic type of shining product must be totally removed), allowing it to dry and properly applying the 3M promoter will be the most important step.

I am going to need to remove the foam kit I have in there now so the surface is not going to be great
    I guess heating it up will work best but cleaning off the excess glue will be a challenge - need to take a look at what happens when they are removed

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I am going to need to remove the foam kit I have in there now so the surface is not going to be greatI guess heating it up will work best but cleaning off the excess glue will be a challenge - need to take a look at what happens when they are removed

@MACAWS paint thinner will eat any glue residue up nicely. ;)

I was just going to say 'paint thinner' --- will clean most glues with out hurting the plastic. rubbing alcohol can also be used. The rubbing alcohol will generally clean up waxes, etc and be a good prep for the double faced tape.

• Are these non removable?

They are removable. The mats are secured using snaps that you screw into the panels. This was requested by the majority so that they could be removed. The tunnel covers are also secured with snaps but also use 3M Velcro pads. The hook side of the pads are sewn to the tunnel covers. The loop side is secured with acrylic adhesive. The adhesive bond is made stronger by using the promoter. When the covers are removed the loop pads remain secured to the plastic panels. Hope this made sense.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• They are removable. The mats are secured using snaps that you screw into the panels. This was requested by the majority so that they could be removed. The tunnel covers are also secured with snaps but also use 3M Velcro pads. The hook side of the pads are seen to the tunnel covers. The loop side is secured with acrylic adhesive. The adhesive bond is made stronger by using the promoter. When the covers are removed the loop parents remain secured to the plastic panels. Hope this made sense.

Makes 100% sense thank you!

My concern was them being glued in perminant and getting wet.