Dreaded power steering light....

• So I have a 2016 and I had the dreaded power steering light go off this weekend. Power assist was gone so I stopped and shut her down. I waited a minute and restarted and all was normal again. I know there is allot of chatter about this but was curious if you guys think i should take it in or not?

• Ever so often the light will come on when The ignition cycles through on mine. Not often but maybe once every 15 times I go to start it. I turn it off and try again. Sometimes it only does it the 1 time and sometimes it will do it 2 or3 times. I ask the service tech about it and he said that I could leave it and let them check it, which he said that it might take a while to get it to happen again, or take it and drive it until it comes on and just won't go off no matter what. He said that unless the check engine light comes on so it can be analyzed and repaired it would be difficult to diagnose the problem. Hopefully what Fun says will happen soon and the situation will be corrected.

You know your getting old when your wife says "Honey lets run upstairs and make love" and your answer is " I can not do both"

• funinthesun wrote:

Not yet. Polaris is working on an ecu reflash to reset the electronic steering software. Rumor has it that it should be out in 2 to 4 more weeks

for those of us that had the ECU reflashed by mefiBob..... We will be SOL if Polaris does a recall for ECU reflash for steering ? We have issue with the power steering "clicking" at top dead center, without giving a light... Then we have the light come on at leisure without any notable changes or reasons. Our dealership has requested from Polaris the parts to correct the "clicking" issue/ loss of power steering, but have yet to hear anything back from them regarding Polaris's response.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Ever so often the light will come on when The ignition cycles through on mine. Not often but maybe once every 15 times I go to start it. I turn it off and try again. Sometimes it only does it the 1 time and sometimes it will do it 2 or3 times. I ask the service tech about it and he said that I could leave it and let them check it, which he said that it might take a while to get it to happen again, or take it and drive it until it comes on and just won't go off no matter what. He said that unless the check engine light comes on so it can be analyzed and repaired it would be difficult to diagnose the problem. Hopefully what Fun says will happen soon and the situation will be corrected.

As I was reading this thread for educational purposes, I saw your signature. I blew water out my nose laughing! Classic!

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• funinthesun wrote:

for those of us that had the ECU reflashed by mefiBob..... We will be SOL if Polaris does a recall for ECU reflash for steering ? We have issue with the power steering "clicking" at top dead center, without giving a light... Then we have the light come on at leisure without any notable changes or reasons. Our dealership has requested from Polaris the parts to correct the "clicking" issue/ loss of power steering, but have yet to hear anything back from them regarding Polaris's response.

That clicking as it gets worse does it even off of dead center. Polaris changed out my power steering unit and it helped but is still problematic. That is why the new ecu program is coming out. We will see but it has to be programming and not mechanical as far as we can tell. Good luck and drive safe. Spud

• funinthesun wrote:

You will have to have the Polaris flash and then send it back to Bob to put the tune on it. Unless its a turbo tune you can probably still drive it home. The turbo tune you cant drive it until Bob reflashes it.

• Polaris is working on an ecu reflash to reset the electronic steering software. Rumor has it that it should be out in 2 to 4 more weeks

The new flash is out:

Category: Main/Digital Wrench Version 3.7 Updates

Sort Downloads by: Title (A\D) Date (A\D) Rating (A\D) Popularity (A\D)
    Resources currently sorted by: Title (A to Z)

Digital Wrench Version 3.7 Update 04/26/16
    Description: This update consists of all changes to Digital Wrench Version 3.7 since the original version was released in May 2015.

Update 04-26-16 Includes the following changes & additions from the original program release and Previous Updates:

-Updated Calibrations for 2015 & 2016 Slingshot EPS
    -Updated Calibration for 2016 Indian (Brazil)
    -Addition of 2017 Octane International
    -Addition of 2016 Mid Year Release for RZR XP Turbo Model
    -Addition of 2016 Mid Year Release for GEM International Models
    -Addition of Service Reports for 2015-2016 110/170 Youth Vehicles
    -Revisions to RZR XP 1000 ECU Update Process

IMPORTANT: This update may also perform a firmware update on the SmartLink Module the first time it is connected. This update procedure must be allowed to complete before using the SmartLink.

NOTE: Reflashing a calibration should only be performed while working on a related issue, replacing an ECU or if there is an outstanding Service Bulletin requiring the ECU to be reflashed.

Click the link above, save the file to your hard disk and then double-click the icon to start the update process.

When the update is complete, the Version shown on the right side of the Digital Wrench Start-up Screen should read "Version 3.7 04/26/2016".

Note: Do not "run" or "open" the file from where they are. Select "save" and download them to your PC before running the install.

IMPORTANT:

THIS UPDATE WILL NOT INSTALL ON OLDER VERSIONS OF DIGITAL WRENCH. YOU MUST ALREADY HAVE VERSION 3.7 INSTALLED ON YOUR PC BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL THIS UPDATE.

FOLLOW THE APPROPRIATE LINKS ON THE DEALER EXTRANET OR CONTACT POLARIS TECHNICAL SUPPORT IF YOU NEED INFORMATION ON HOW TO OBTAIN THE DIGITAL WRENCH VERSION 3.7 INSTALLER.