Rear Protection Anyone?

• I have come up with a rear protection plate for the flat, plastic panel immediately in front of the rear tire. This area accumulates a lot of grime and tar from the road and is difficult to clean, as well as being rather plain looking. The plate is cut to fit from .060 diamond plate and attaches with 3M tape and two auto-body push fasteners so two holes will need to be drilled in the rear panel for installation. The bottom edge is just above the 3 screws that are used for various add-ons. The one pictured is powder coated in wrinkle (flat) black to blend in with the rest of the rear plastics. I also have gloss black/clear coat and red/clear coat to match the 15/16 pearl red. I'm sure that with research, colors can be found to match the sunset red, orange, blue fire, navy blue, midnight cherry, etc colors but I have not done that research because mine is pearl red.

So here's the deal. In order to get the best pricing on material and powder coating I need to process them in batches, therefore I am offering the pricing and options listed below. If you are interested, shoot me a PM with the color you would like rather than clutter up this thread and then I will have your contact info to respond to. I will not ask for any commitments or payment until I have them on hand ready to ship . I can work with people for pricing on non batch-produced requests.

Bare Diamond Plate: $75 shipped (ready to paint)
    Bare Diamond Plate + Clear Coat: $80 shipped (finished look ready to install)
    Powder/Clear Coated Gloss Black: $90 shipped
    Powder/Clear Coated Red: $90 shipped

Powder/Clear Coated Orange: $90 shipped

All shipped to lower 48. Other locations quoted on request.

These will come pre-drilled for 2 Polaris style push auto-body fasteners (included). They will have 3M tape attached, ready to install. Thanks all!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited 10 times, last by SlingLow ().

• Nice!!! :00000436:

PM sent!! :00007555:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Looks Great!!! I love the idea and have been looking for something like this without a huge price tag.

I would be interested in one powder coated and clear coated with possibly the polish down. Would like to see what it looks like. Would there be any concern of this coming off with it only being tape? I have not used the 3m tape before. It could be nasty if this thing came off at 70-80 mph and caught the wheel

• Looks Great!!! I love the idea and have been looking for something like this without a huge price tag.

I would be interested in one powder coated and clear coated with possibly the polish down. Would like to see what it looks like. Would there be any concern of this coming off with it only being tape? I have not used the 3m tape before. It could be nasty if this thing came off at 70-80 mph and caught the wheel

Excellent point. I am also looking at various fastener options for those who would want the extra security. This could be important for those in extreme weather areas.

• Most automotive trim is secured with 3m...strong stuff!

I remember using it myself to place a nonfunctional hood scoop on my old SUV as well as 3/4 window covers. Even running it through pressure car washes it wouldn't be an issue... However, I do see your concern with the back wheel. 8|

Maybe to each their own and you could drill it in for piece of mind? Or figure out other more permanent mounting options?

• Wrinkle Black or Red....choices..... but one of the two for sure.

Also as someone else mentioned given the fact that it is on an angle against gravity I would not feel comfortable to secure it with just tape which is why i am ordering these for an OEM look..... :00008172:

35 of them is 6 bucks shipped on amazon

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Put me down for wrinkle red please.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

I didn't think about wrinkle red. The red I am trying out should match the pearl red of the body panels. The wrinkle red would not be glossy and would match the wrinkle red CAIs and valve covers if that's what you bought. So, anybody else for wrinkle red? I would need 8 to get the best pricing. As I get different requests, I can work with people to establish non batch-purchase prices. I don't think it will be a lot more but there is a cost.

• That would be the matching option which is easy to install. I can pre-drill each plate in the four corners and include the push fasteners. All one would need to do is to put the plate in place, mark the 4 holes, remove the plate and drill the holes through the rear plastic. The fasteners then pop in from the outside. I would still use the 3M tape. Thanks @Neosolidus !