Rear Protection Anyone?

• How much do I owe you and do you take PayPal?

No money will change hands until they are ready to send out. I'll need an address to send it to and a zip code to calculate shipping. I will set up for PayPal, but will likely need my tech savvy wife to help (do it for) me.

If the option were there for either a gloss or matte black version

Both of those are options. The only 'checkerboard' would be if you want to polish the diamonds themselves, leaving the base coat on the rest of the plate.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Add me in @SlingLow and I'll settle with you when ready. I want the powder coat to match the black plastic.... wrinkle black I think you said. It may be awhile before I get around to installing it, but it will happen. Mine looks a bit bad from running the first summer without a fender. Thanks for doing this!

• Add me in @SlingLow and I'll settle with you when ready. I want the powder coat to match the black plastic.... wrinkle black I think you said. It may be awhile before I get around to installing it, but it will happen. Mine looks a bit bad from running the first summer without a fender. Thanks for doing this!

Thank you my friend! Updated in post #56.

Materials are in on Monday 10/2. Will be scheduling production for that week.

• The ability to clean this area prior to installation was one of the considerations for the auto-body push fasteners in addition to 3M tape.

When I install it, I'll have the back panel off. I'll be cleaning it, and using some type of fastener along with the tape. The mount to my fender has four long screws fastened to the gas tank bracket. I'll be drilling thru this plate for the fender mount screws to pass, and also for the four corners at a minimum. Since this will never come off, I may use torx to match the others in that area, with washers and nuts on the inside (along with locktite blue).

• I'm seeing this make my OCD COD DOC kicking in with the thought of this panel already and I've yet to take order of my sling LOL The thought of the red looks great to make the rear end pop but what about the day to day driving with crud build up as mentioned. How often will I be whipping out the pressure washer to knock off the grime to keep the red plate clean??!??! Perhaps the black would allow me to have a bit more patience if I walked by and noticed a little grime from the tire slinging up road crud... Or just maybe one in each color...someone please come up with a cure to the sling addiction..okay not a complete cure but something to tame it a bit LOL

• Or just maybe one in each color...

Looks like you answered your own question! A daily driver and one for parade/show day. Minimal use of the tape will facilitate changing over.

I'll put a red one on mine and see what it looks like after a few miles so people know what to expect. I do get grime from the roads I drive.

A wipe with a cloth with Super Clean on it might be an easier clean than whipping out the pressure washer.

• @SlingLow I want to change mine. After thinking I want gloss black with clear coat. Please confirm, whenever it is convenient that you have my change. I think the wrinkle finish would look good, but would be harder to clean. Instead, I'm going the easy clean route, with a slight contrast and some shiny. Thank you my friend!

• If anyone wonders which site is better, TDS or here, suggest you look at the TDS thread on this topic. Extremely positive on a great idea here, and what you would expect on TDS.

They did have a great comment there though. Are you worried about moisture and dirt getting behind the plate and causing either the aluminum or the plastic to rust? Granted, not a direct quote, but .......

I am confused..........I guess that was the only set of negative concerns they could generate.........

• If anyone wonders which site is better, TDS or here, suggest you look at the TDS thread on this topic. Extremely positive on a great idea here, and what you would expect on TDS.

They did have a great comment there though. Are you worried about moisture and dirt getting behind the plate and causing either the aluminum or the plastic to rust? Granted, not a direct quote, but .......

I am confused..........I guess that was the only set of negative concerns they could generate.........

I read the same thread but didn't see anything about rust...the concern for moisture or dirt getting behind seemed to me as a constructive question. I did see @MiM get a chemistry lesson on this thread earlier...;)
    @SlingLow can I still get in on this? Pretty please...and if so what do you think would look good for my "ass armor"
    One more thought/question Would Top Coat F11 work to make cleaning easier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk