Hearing the radio

• A lot of us have mounted the Amp under the driver's seat. I would reccomend this because the seat is easier to remove and install. If you desire to adjust the output of the Amp, removing the drivers seat only takes about 2 minutes versus fighting with the back right bolt on the passengers seat. There is enough clearance under the the drivers seat to raise the Amp up with spacers. I have 1 amp under each seat at the current time.

Thanks @Slingrazor
    I was considering the passnger side but now will change that to the driver's side, after your advice.

The amp arrived this morning so when the other items get over to me from the US, then it will be time to get started. (Hopefully our weather will have improved by then).

All the best, from UK_Paul

• Thanks @SlingrazorI was considering the passnger side but now will change that to the driver's side, after your advice.

The amp arrived this morning so when the other items get over to me from the US, then it will be time to get started. (Hopefully our weather will have improved by then).

Spent 14 years in East Anglia with 2 of my children born in Bury St Edmunds. Good luck on the weather.

• Hi Guys
    I'm in the process of installing 2 JL audio amps 1x500 mono MX500 for a sub and 1x500 4 channel MX500-4 to drive 4 sets of Hertz Speakers The Sub Is a JL M10 which I'm installing in passenger seat storage area The amps call for 4 AWG so I have pulled the battery and I'm thinking about upping the battery to a top post 750 amp Optima My question is can I run both amps off one 4 AWG wire or should I run a 0 AWG to a splitter and run 2 4 AWG wires..... one to each amp as well as a 4 AWG ground to each Amp.I'm also thinking about installing all LED headlights to lower my over all draw...one last thing...I've noticed some install amps under seat and some inside in storage area's with Subs Think I'm going under seat

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Here's a link to Crutchfield's Amplifier Wire Gauge Sizing page - How to Determine the Best Wire Gauge. Lots of useful info on choosing what size wire you need for a given load.

As the article points out, 13.8V is a better value to use than the 12V I typically used in the past (12V makes for easier multiplication/division than 13.8V :D ).

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().