• I have my alpha on the second hole from the end and I’m considering moving it to the third hole to stiffen it slightly more..

okay - the DDM outer holes are 462 lbs/in and the inner holes are 571. can you tell me what the values are of the settings on the Alpha bar so I know where it falls in comparison?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• WHY?

the Twist is a much stiffer solid bar with only one setting. I want to upgrade my stock sway bar, but I am concerned that the Twist might be too extreme. If I can find someone with experience with both the DDM/Alpha and the Twist they might be able to help me in this choice.

I know if he were still around Tripod would be sure to chime in, but in his absence I figure someone with experience with both can tell me if stiffer is really better

• the Twist is a much stiffer solid bar with only one setting. I want to upgrade my stock sway bar, but I am concerned that the Twist might be too extreme. If I can find someone with experience with both the DDM/Alpha and the Twist they might be able to help me in this choice.
    I know if he were still around Tripod would be sure to chime in, but in his absence I figure someone with experience with both can tell me if stiffer is really better

Performance wise you can have problems with the solid bar. This is one place hold down the wheel to much can make the active part of the suspension not work.
    The result will be a cornering becoming worse.
    Read the following to help you understand.
    Why a Stiff Swaybar Might Make a Car Corner Slower - CarsDirect

• the Twist is a much stiffer solid bar with only one setting. I want to upgrade my stock sway bar, but I am concerned that the Twist might be too extreme. If I can find someone with experience with both the DDM/Alpha and the Twist they might be able to help me in this choice.

And I agree with @Slingrazor. Unless you are really planing on pushing the limits of your SS, there is no reason to worry about it.

• Performance wise you can have problems with the solid bar. This is one place hold down the wheel to much can make the active part of the suspension not work.The result will be a cornering becoming worse.
    Read the following to help you understand.
    Why a Stiff Swaybar Might Make a Car Corner Slower - CarsDirect

thank you - this is the kind of input I am looking for - I have read about the potential problems with going too stiff in a rear wheel drive car, but not sure if it all applies to a three wheeled vehicle where all body roll is controlled by the front. Also not sure if the Twist is in fact too stiff - just because it is the firmest made at this time. I spoke with a nice guy over at JRI and he also liked the DDM not so much because the twist was too firm, but because he liked the adjustability of the DDM.

unless I can hear from someone who has actually tried both at this time I like the DDM. mostly because it now comes with stops built in to keep it from shifting from side to side

I also feel very confident with DDM products and I know if I have issues Dave is always on here to talk with - - - not sure if Twist even makes the bar they are selling of if they just put their name on it.

I will not be making this mod for at the soonest a few weeks so I still have plenty of time

• @edwardaneal I really think that is the best choice. I think a lot of aftermarket stuff we look at and try to make an informed choice is mostly just one upmanship. "Mine has more holes for adjustability", Mine is the stiffest made", "Mine has more blah blah blah".....
    I agree with @Slingrazor on too stiff of a bar as you will be making the front suspension less independent. Hell you want a really stiff sway bar get a straight axle and stick it under there.
    I installed the DDM sway bar on mine and have it mounted on the back holes and really like the improvement over the stock bar.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• @edwardaneal I really think that is the best choice. I think a lot of aftermarket stuff we look at and try to make an informed choice is mostly just one upmanship. "Mine has more holes for adjustability", Mine is the stiffest made", "Mine has more blah blah blah".....
    I agree with @Slingrazor on too stiff of a bar as you will be making the front suspension less independent. Hell you want a really stiff sway bar get a straight axle and stick it under there.
    I installed the DDM sway bar on mine and have it mounted on the back holes and really like the improvement over the stock bar.

And now looking at yours I found my answer - right there in front of me. forget stiffness or other technical things - I trust that either sway bay will be a vast improvement over the stock bar. so what else is there to consider

cosmetics - thats right, how will it look on my red SL with my JRI's with their red springs

DDM comes in red at no additional cost - - - - if I want the Twist in red it will cost me an extra $50

problem solved - why pay for red when I don't have to

I will let vanity be the deciding factor and I want RED!

• Can you not strike a deal where you can try one and send it back if not satisfied? I know that quality suppliers often offer a "satifaction" trial period.

Personally I would go with a supplier that is the best versed and understanding of the SS and its characteristics.

LC

• Can you not strike a deal where you can try one and send it back if not satisfied? I know that quality suppliers often offer a "satifaction" trial period.

Personally I would go with a supplier that is the best versed and understanding of the SS and its characteristics.

LC

I have never cared for the idea of buying something with the thought that I will return it if I dont like it, I have done it when I have been very dissatisfied, but for both myself and the people I do business with I like to get things right the first time. Now if I could find a supplier who sold both and could talk to them up front and let them know I wanted to try one first and would it be okay if I exchanged it if I decided it wasnt the one I wanted that would be different, but one of the issues I have had in finding someone with information who is familiar with both the DDM and the Twist Dynamics sway bars is that I dont know of any supplier that sells both products. Slingmods only has the DDM and allthingsslingshot and slingshotonly both carry only the Twist. - So unless you or someone else knows of a place that sells both I dont want to buy until I am sure - it just would not be fair to the supplier of the one I dont like because they then get nothing and end up with a used sway bar they have to deal with.

• @edwardaneal, as I understand it, Slingshot Only owns Twist. Also, I have two factory sway bars you can have along with the factory mounts. If you go with DDM (that we love) you will probably want their greasable mounts too. Drastic improvement over stock. I installed one of ours with the factory mounts at first because the DDM mounts didn’t arrive until the next day. Worked ok but the DDM mounts felt dramatically better. And they are easy to grease.

• @edwardaneal, as I understand it, Slingshot Only owns Twist. Also, I have two factory sway bars you can have along with the factory mounts. If you go with DDM (that we love) you will probably want their greasable mounts too. Drastic improvement over stock. I installed one of ours with the factory mounts at first because the DDM mounts didn’t arrive until the next day. Worked ok but the DDM mounts felt dramatically better. And they are easy to grease.

Yes - you are correct Twist Dynamics and Slingshot only are under the same ownership. I appreciate the offer of the factory bars, but I am not going to try to modify the stock bar as others have done so at this time I have no need. In the end I am pretty sure the DDM will be the bar I get, really like that it now comes with the built in stops and I also like that it seems very well regarded by people like you whom I trust

Thanks again for the offer - the generosity of people here never ceases to amaze me :)

• I have a DDM on my red sling that @Slingrazor graciously installed in the parking lot at MV.

I just put an Alpha Bar on the Monster yesterday while I had the wheels off for new shoes.

I also used the second hole from end to start with.

I was under the impression the adj links are to go on the inside of the bar but the stock links go on outside of bar. I noticed @Rob the Slob has his on outside of bar and they look like adj links.

• wow! 4 different adjustments? I was under the impression that the Alpha bar had 3. too bad that one doesnt seem to be an option now that Alpha is no longer around :(

• wow! 4 different adjustments? I was under the impression that the Alpha bar had 3. too bad that one doesnt seem to be an option now that Alpha is no longer around :(

The front 2 holes are unusable. They were designed to connect specific links designed by Alpha that never happened.

• The front 2 holes are unusable. They were designed to connect specific links designed by Alpha that never happened.

almost looks like the link would have to be on the front of the A-arm to use those other holes - - -oh well, thanks for the info 8o

• If you get the SS adjustable links make sure you get the bolts to go with them...they are longer than stock. It took many weeks yo get my bolts...I bought other bolts to get them on. I haven’t put on the other bolts yet.