• You can feel the difference, but does the difference matter...? that is up to you my friend. On the track it is easy to determine, because you can look at how lap times are effected. On the street, it is all about getting the feel you like and being able to outrun your buddies in the curves.

If you want one, go for it. It is just money.

I liked mine, but I didn't see seconds being dropped off of my lap times. The Slingshot just lacks too much rear traction to be pushed really hard where you might see a dramatic improvement. On the street, it felt better to me than stock and allowed me to run my shocks closer to 40 on softness, instead of 25.

thank you for the help - it sounds like I might like it especially with the softer JRI grand tourings. Might just make it a little more fun on the mountain roads - which is really all I want

thanks again

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• @edwardaneal I'll chime in and state that if I were you I would by the aftermarket swaybar mount and upgraded bushings first. I don't think anyone will disagree that this is an improvement regardless of what else you choose to do.

Thanks @Ruptured Duck - Patrick, - I may not do it at the same time, but I do have the DDM mounts on my radar and I am sure they will be added at some point down the line.

As a side note I do recall you used some other mounts and bushings - can you give me some more information on them - anything that might save a buck would be great

• Just trying to help you out with what I have actually tried.The location of the holes change in relationship to the sway bar when the wheels are turned, it is not static.
    It will not work on the forward two holes without an offset.
    The picture are with the wheels turned full left to full right.
    For the money, the DDM is the better bar because of the installed stops.Give

in those pictures the links do not look like they are installed correctly. Why is so much of the bolt shank sticking out? The link should be tight up against the sway bar. The sway bar can’t be working as it should be.

I could not use the factory link on any hole in the alpha except the first one. I needed the adjustable links to use the second hole. And it had to go on the inside of thf bar to clear the rack arm.

• Wasn't going to do the sway bar on my Sling because it wasn't broke. Started looking at photos of Slingshots running the "Tail of the Dragon" US 129. Noticed the amount of body roll, front outside wing dipped down hard, outside wheel deep in the fender, inside wheel trying to lift from ground, and tires trying to run on edges.

Bought the DDM Works sway bar with integrated locks, mounts, and installed. By the way, the sway bar mounts have an offset, and if you install one incorrectly, you will not get the other mount to install.

Took it out for a drive on local twisties that I drive often...
    Body roll happened much later into the turns...
    When the body roll came in, the bite into the turn was more pronounced...
    The Slingshot flattened out sooner coming out of the turns.
    Did I run the turns faster?
    Nope, cause that was fast enough!

Do you need a sway bar on the Slingshot?
    Yes, but you already have one on it stock.

Which one do you buy?

Well... I owned a Yamaha Rhino that went through the "Rhino Rollover Recall". In that recall, they removed the sway bars because they determined that people could not feel a potential rollover that was about to occur. There was no option for a softer sway bar. After the recall, any time I hit a 15° side slope, scared the hell out of me to turn the wheel up slope. Wanted my sway bar back. And yes, two different vehicles... but a break in traction with no impending indication, well?

Sway bars are nothing new... solid or hollow.

Would a stiffer rollbar make for better handling or cause a false sense of security?
    Dunno, but if we never guinea pigged up...
    We would still be poking sticks in holes looking for dinner.

Replaced the stock bar with the one from DDM and I am happy with that.
    My thinking is some body roll is good and will keep you honest.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• and there is one thing that potentially changes what we would normally expect and that is the fact that we only have three wheels. As TrazisAZ points out the lack of traction in the rear is very likely the limiting factor in how fast we will ever be able to take a corner regardless of the sway bar. I suspect that under all but the extremist of conditions like hitting a rut or a curb that even with the stiffest sway bar the rear end is going to break free and come out well before you risk rolling over because you couldn't feel it was about to happen

• Thanks @Ruptured Duck - Patrick, - I may not do it at the same time, but I do have the DDM mounts on my radar and I am sure they will be added at some point down the line.
    As a side note I do recall you used some other mounts and bushings - can you give me some more information on them - anything that might save a buck would be great

@edwardaneal
    I'll dig up the information and supply it to you shortly via PM. If interested I can have you test something for me.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Talking about taking turns....I was driving the other night on a windy road that has had gas line work done on the side of the road I was on.....they had the holes filled with gravel. Came around the bend with gravel sprinkled all the way across my lane....the entire SS skated across the road...front wheels and back wheel acted like they were on ball bearings...not a spin just the entire vehicle sliding toward the other side of the road.

None of the wheels had contact on the road surface. Luckily I wasn’t going all that fast and nobody was coming the other way...probably was 3 feet into the other lane when it stopped sliding and regained road contact.

• @edwardanealI'll dig up the information and supply it to you shortly via PM. If interested I can have you test something for me.

Sounds great Patrick - If possible I would love to help you :)

not sure how PM works here, but you can e-mail me at edwardneal2222 at gmail dot com