Anyone install 4pt. harnesses and keep the factory seats?

• I was thinkin about it but the PRP's have the cut outs for the upper straps to go thru. I have read that the upper straps just around the top of the seat are not safe. That has been my only holdback. Wish some of the guys would chime in with what they know.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I have been thinking of 4pt belts before leaving for Maggie Valley.
    I drive around local streets without helmet and driving interstates I feel if you have tip over stock seat belt
    will not hold you in from going out the side and will wear helmet driving on interstate roads and feel 4 pt will keep you
    in cockpit of SS .

Thought about putting strap behind seat to keep both belts tight and not spreading apart up near shoulder area.

• I installed four point last year and have kept factory seating. Cut slots in the back to put belts thru to the ROPS mounts.. Will try and send some pics later today.
    PRP Four Point Harness very comfy

I use nothing but the four point since install.
    They are more comfortable than stock to me.
    You can leave them adjusted where comfortable to you.
    I bought mine thru amazon but they are PRP 4 point.

I feel that with my driving habits in the mtns, that we are much better off with the four points.
    Very simple to install, just time and patience.
    Cutting the slits to fit top ends to ROPS mount is easy with a Dremel.

• After hearing of the loss of Jim and another SS owner previously I feel compelled to improve the restraining system on my SS. (Not that it's proven these are the leading cause factors to the fatalities) I just want a safer/better system. I don't mind running the stock seats so I'm just up in the air about what is everyone doing with their original seat belts to keep the dash light off? Are you just plugging them in behind the seat? Are you running a cheater wire? I like Bert's system with the hoop bar, but don't know if it would ride our necks too much. Thanks in advance for any insight and I have a feeling I'm going to have a hefty duty bill coming up.

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• for panel removal look at painters how to in the tech section.
    Berts harness bar is a great product. I found if used with the stock seats it places the seat belt in a position that will rub the paint work inside the hoop area. With the harness bar the belts did not rub my neck that much because the way they go around the seat.
    The harness bar works best with seats that have cut outs in them.

• You do not have to remove the entire back panel just remove the trim pieces under the roll hoops and the 2 rear hump pieces.
    That will give all you need for installation.

As for the seat belt light I cut a piece of plastic the same shape as the insert end of the stock belt - it slide in and locks just as if the belt were in place. The light goes off. If for some reason I want to use the stock belts I just push the release button and out it comes. Every thing works as OEM.

If you need a picture I can take some tonight

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Thanks for the replies and looking at more harnesses just now I feel that the three point attached to the centre slot of the roll loop might be the way to go. This will allow the pressure to stay off of your shoulders and won't compress your spine in the event of a flip over. What's your thoughts all?

After more research looks like these can be used only if kept at 0-10 degrees below shoulder level.

Edited once, last by Canoehead ().

• I just read article from OG Racing on Harness safety.
    Now they sell 4 point for turners and shows but DO NOT recommend 4 point for street or track !
    They say stock seat belts are safer than 4 point for reason that you could slide down and they call it
    submarining and cause more internal damage during crash.
    They recommend 5 or 6 point for preventing this sliding down.

So my question of you who have 4 points do you feel your self sliding down in any case of heavy braking or other reasons ????
    I was going to purchase 4 point and never having try them would like to see if this is a problem?
    Do know you can not make every case for every safety item proven to be safe in every way.

But would like to know 4 points are safer than stock belt by most people who purchase and not just for looks ????

• That's a good point. I'm 6'2' at 270 lbs and I know @rabtech is no small guy either and he's sporting a 4 point. My biggest concern is the safety aspect not the fashion side. I'm thinkin them damn stock belts aren't going to do shit. They're on the wrong side for starters. My biggest concern would be getting ragdolled in a flip. I talked it over with the wife and she's got no problem with me installing these. They also sell submarine belts you can add to your existing harness, but I'm not concerned with that either. Check out Rabs install on the old site.
    http://www.slingshotforums.com/posts/272010/

• I am with @harleyujoe - I think the look is not the issue. I have Corbin seats with no cut outs at top for harness to go thru like @MACAWS. I would spend the $$$ if it was safer but am getting mixed opinions.

I still have stock seating and I would not argue that 5 or 6 point may be better for some folks.At 5'11" a tad over 280 lbs, I certainly have NOT slipped down and feel much better than stock belts to stay planted with my PRP 4-points. :thumbup: