Anyone install 4pt. harnesses and keep the factory seats?

• And the reason I own a SS is because of a fall with wife last year in Needles Hwy SD on BMW and hairpin turn and going to fast.
    Wife took most of punishment and saved bike from damage that we drove away from.
    But 65 yrs old and driving like I am 20 and with passenger .
    Just do not have stamina or strength to ride 2 up and drive the way I want to drive 2 wheel bikes.
    Fortunate that wife only had skinned knees and shoulder problem and I my pride.
    But lucky know one behind us or coming other way at that moment .
    I kept 2 wheel Harley wife hates riding on for my one day rides alone and scrape the mufflers on every ride .
    In my profile picture is one of the 3 three wheelers I have owned .Triking /Moto Guzzi .
    I luv those machines and wife hated.
    At 30 inches tall and 10 ft long I could go under tractor trailers and yes thought about doing it a couple of times. Good thing I was in my 60's.
    So wife wanted them gone another reason for SS..LOL ..I know with SS the trailer going under without hitting is not possible.

• Rab, that is correct from my research. People are different sizes and if you have a larger frame if the straps are not closer centered down the sternum securely they could slip off easily being thrust forward, hence the middle strap.

• OK. If I looked at the picture correctly it has the mount points lower then the shoulder. I actually was under the impression it was supposed to be slightly higher than your shoulder.

The harness I have has a secondary connector between the belts up higher to keep the straps over your shoulders and together.

After looking at the picture I feel a bit better about the stock seat and my hook points. I can see how if you didn't have the upper cross connect it could slip off your shoulders. Is that a feature that most harnesses have? Or did I just get lucky with the harness I picked?

I did alot of reading an snooping around about how to properly mount these types of harnesses and I'll be damned if I can't find a document that illustrated proper installation. What I do remember is that there should be no more than 10" from the top of the shoulders to the attach point so if I install where you have them @rabtech I should be ok. The other thing it mentioned is that the attachments should be angled in the direction of the pull. That is: if the shoulders are above the attachment point then the attachment needs to point up, not straight across. They had illustrations as well as explanations. I'll keep looking, but for what it's worth, I'm going with your install technique on the PRP harnesses I ordered. The misses really feels more comfortable with 4-pt instead of stock shoulder belt. I rode passenger recently and completely understood what she was referring to. For any of you that haven't ridden on the passenger side of your rides, try it once and let them do a few hard corners to the left. Without a steering wheel to hang on to I was like holy crap!... amazed-squared yeah, there's a small Jesus handle there, but eff that. I needed a little more security.

• I did alot of reading an snooping around about how to properly mount these types of harnesses and I'll be damned if I can't find a document that illustrated proper installation. What I do remember is that there should be no more than 10" from the top of the shoulders to the attach point so if I install where you have them @rabtech I should be ok. The other thing it mentioned is that the attachments should be angled in the direction of the pull. That is: if the shoulders are above the attachment point then the attachment needs to point up, not straight across. They had illustrations as well as explanations. I'll keep looking, but for what it's worth, I'm going with your install technique on the PRP harnesses I ordered. The misses really feels more comfortable with 4-pt instead of stock shoulder belt. I rode passenger recently and completely understood what she was referring to. For any of you that haven't ridden on the passenger side of your rides, try it once and let them do a few hard corners to the left. Without a steering wheel to hang on to I was like holy crap!... amazed-squared yeah, there's a small Jesus handle there, but eff that. I needed a little more security.

Did you order the 2 inch belt or the 3 inch? I like the PRP harness but we haven't decided if we want the large size or not.

• I've been looking at a few different 4-point harnesses. I haven't found a vendor yet that makes this clear. Are the prices quoted generally per seat? In other words, you need to order two to have one for each seat?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Ben Franklin)

2002 FatBoy FLSTF
    2016 Polaris Slingshot

• I've been looking at a few different 4-point harnesses. I haven't found a vendor yet that makes this clear. Are the prices quoted generally per seat? In other words, you need to order two to have one for each seat?

You order one per seat. The set is for one seat. Here's my order for the PRP 4.2 harnesses:

• Alright, so everyone is anchoring to the seat belt bolt and to the bolt holding the buckle on the other side? I'm probably going to go the cutting route and anchor in at the roll hoops. Looks like picking out a harness isn't going to be easy.

• Alright, so everyone is anchoring to the seat belt bolt and to the bolt holding the buckle on the other side? I'm probably going to go the cutting route and anchor in at the roll hoops. Looks like picking out a harness isn't going to be easy.

Ima cut as well and anchor to the roll hoops. Gonna try an leave the stock belts tucked behind somewhere so I can use them around town.