QUICKJACK QUESTION

• I want to start welding up my own version of a dedicated slingshot quicjack type , I,m going to call Slingjacks, (Not hydraulic) Can anybody confirm for me in the morning as I need to start welding,
    the tubing sizes, Their quickjack site boasts 14 gauge but doesn't show dimensional sizes anywhere, it appears to be 1 1/4 inch , but could be 1 1/2 or even 1 inch , and are the vertical posts the same size as the longerons ? I see the top longerons are reinforced with a flat bar, top and bottom, it appears to be about 3/16 thick ?
    Don't want to have to reinvent the wheel here, if their sizes are adequate for their 7000lb version they,ll certainly lift our Slings !

• Good Morning , I have my sling on the quickjack (7000) ,doing repairs an exhaust mods this week. Main frame od is a little over 1 9/16 ''.

thanks @56sling , but can you specify that 1 9/16, is it just at the top rails vertically after the top and bottom stiffeners they have added there or is that everywhere then thicker at those flat bar stiffeners running length wise, sorry just need to confirm , using autocad to measure off their pdfs and it isn't adding up ?

• Ok I got it figured out , picked up all the materials and finalized design today , new Slingjack demo production begins tomorrow . If you don't see a vendor post offering these slingjacks in a couple days just forget you ever saw this , It, ll be safe to say the new design didn,t pan out and I,ll never admit having had these conversations ! lol.

• Ok Pics, cause it happened , but it aint gonna happen !
    Well I was in a welding mood and whipped up a Sling Specific quickjack type I like to call a SLINGJACK but not wanting to get my pee pee whacked to hard for patent infringement, I tried to revert to a typical jack screw scissor lift for the Slingshots . Well here it is , but it aint gonna happen , while it works, the added leverage of the trapezoidal frames proved to be a little bit much for even a one inch acme thread, the strongest lifting thread available. It does lift the front or the rear or one side of the slingshot but it was intended for a safety margin to actually have the ability to lift the entire Slingshot with one frame only centered under the centre of gravity . While the frames are structurally sound enough as I added a centre lifting frame , the 200 ft lb torgue gun used to power the lift, stalls out Just,as all weight is clearing the floor. Can some modifications be made, like using a thrust bearing to reduce friction loads on the lifting rod, sure but the North American labour rate and the expensive acme threaded rod and nuts have already , (by the time I produce two frames) met or exceeded the retail price of the offshore made Quickjack with hydraulic capabilities . So I don't see a market for this power tool operated one at this time as those excessive hours add up when not Chineese flavoured.

• great job @kev at least you tired ... any further work for some front wing inlays (below the outter lights towardd the wheel) or a small hood scoop (maybe even small enough to go over the louvers if removed)

See you in Eureka Springs

• I originally went with a typical frame no centre piece, then I waned to be able to pick up crossways too but the two frames flexed too much when picking up the rear end with such a long spread and close frame members back there, point loaded the middle too much, and so I thought yah add a middle one, and now the max stroke from mid point is only 17 inches so a bottle jack may be an option