Slingshot almost owner.

• Hey Slingers. Just went for a test ride today and LOVE IT. Now deciding on a color, going with an SL over an S, black or dark blue. The dealer has black and red on site but not a navy blue one which I like the looks of. Question all the black plastic on the bottom and inside what is used to clean it? Want it clean but not shiny and a dust magnet? Does anyone use a floor mat that won't hold water or block the drain holes? Also can you drive the slingshot up normal car ramps to drain the oil and get under the vehicle? Thanks for the help all. I'm sure I'll have other questions.

• welcome aboard @Autocycle SL

1. Everything from soap and water to Pledge to expensive cleaners ...... depends on your OCD and wallet
    2. Some wash after every ride others only once or twice a season - see #1 above
    3. Yes. Dont drive in the rain at speeds over 40 - many have tried. Lots of after market options or materials if you make your own mods
    4. Normal ramps probably not .... need less of an angel with the front end on the Slingshot

Looking forward to pictures of your ride and adventures

• Thanks Ross. Why not drive in rain over 40mph?

With a single wheel in back providing power it is not hard to hydroplane in a very small amount of standing water ... drive it like a stolen go-cart ... respect it like a motorcycle .... and try to keep that shit eating grin closed when the bugs are thick

• LOL - like I said many have been successful and many have not

Many have been just fine while others have not been .... just a heads up - I think the above is the most recent casualty from hydroplaning - @MiM sure didn't expect it or deserve it but his warning has been heard loud and clear by many

• Wow didn't think of that as the tire is always down the middle of the lane. I know on my test ride I couldn't avoid the man hole covers in the middle of the road either. Is it better to let the front wheels hit the bumps if able to or the rear?

• Wow didn't think of that as the tire is always down the middle of the lane. I know on my test ride I couldn't avoid the man hole covers in the middle of the road either. Is it better to let the front wheels hit the bumps if able to or the rear?

Just go drive the wheels off it. You'll figure it out.