Portland area Slingshot Owners

• Glad I caught you before you went to MDs Lounge and waited for use. Mom is doing better, got her to a room finally and she is resting. DW and I got home for a little rest. Probably have family driving in from WA today. Sure want to go for some rides soon .

Thanks for well wishes and prayers.

LC

• Glad I caught you before you went to MDs Lounge and waited for use. Mom is doing better, got her to a room finally and she is resting. DW and I got home for a little rest. Probably have family driving in from WA today. Sure want to go for some rides soon .

Thanks for well wishes and prayers.

LC

Well you did put me on your prayer list last winter - and look at me now!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Update for prayers. Mom is being treated for pneumonia and congestive heart failure. She is resting and looking like she is breathing better. Thanks for all the prayers.

Having slingshot withdrawals, really need to go for a ride. Looking like Thursday ride to Camp 18 for a cinnamon roll, then on to tillamook via hwy 53, then down the coast to someplace we can cut back inland and home. Really want to make a ride to The World of Speed on Saturday morning for the coffee and cars deal.

LC

• Update for prayers. Mom is being treated for pneumonia and congestive heart failure. She is resting and looking like she is breathing better. Thanks for all the prayers.

Having slingshot withdrawals, really need to go for a ride. Looking like Thursday ride to Camp 18 for a cinnamon roll, then on to tillamook via hwy 53, then down the coast to someplace we can cut back inland and home. Really want to make a ride to The World of Speed on Saturday morning for the coffee and cars deal.

LC

@LargeCar prayers sent from Ohio

Been there done that to
    NO FUN!
    Brings a tear just remembering
    Hope you have her for many years to come

• @SlingLow and @BryanL you guys home and rested up for a ride? Really want to do the Mt. St. Helens ride, and a couple down to the coast.

Since we have gotten here we have gone on several rides but it just ain't the same without friends, something that stood out in your most recent ride.

We are ready........

LC

• I would love to, but my mom has taken a turn for the worse and I'll be parent sitting when she gets out of the hospital. I do have your Slinglenses though and would like to get them to you. Maybe this weekend?

• That would be great, just name the place and time.

We took care of Anita's mom for the last fifteen years of her life. She was a 60 plus years diabetic and had strokes that took her eyesight. I quit my state job so Anita could retire from the feds, after she retired I went back to work in the CNC machine shop. One thing i can tell you is make time for you and your wife, does no good to burn out the care giver. Prayers.

LC

• Guys I want to make the St Helens ride for sure. I'm going to be working for the next 3 or more weeks to finish my project but I can't work 24/7, so post up the day you want to go and I'll call in sick. @BryanL if there is a day that works for you let us know and we'll plan around that. Give me a couple days notice if possible and perhaps I can get another rider. Make it happen! I also still need to get down to Tillamook county to record a deed so that's another ride I'd break for.

• sounds good to me, most any day is good, I'll talk to DW to see what our schedule looks like. Going to go hwy 26 to 47 then up to 202 up to Astoria tomorrow. We want to get some good sea food before we have to head back home. We would be up for another ride to Tillamook if you let us know when your going that way, we had fun on the last one.

Be back in touch tommorow.

LC

• @LargeCar and @BryanL , I just got a call this morning from a close friend in Nehalem (he's closer to Garibaldi, maybe 20 minutes north of Tillamook.). He just got 508 lbs of fresh Albacore Tuna this morning and is going to have it filleted and frozen. He's looking for takers on about 200 of those lbs. The deal is $2.50 lb for whole fish, $6 per fish to fillet, maybe 10 cents/lb. to freeze and store, then 47 cents/can for 1/2 lb cans and 74 cents for one lb cans (actual lined fish cans - not jars). We'll plan a canning day when all hands can show up and help with the work. He's hoping to get it done in the next month or so. Any interest? There is nothing like it in the grocery stores.

• We are thinking, we leave on the 18th. We are open thu thru fri next week and mon thru thur the following week for the volcano visit.

LC

We should shoot for next week, no point in waiting 'till the last minute. @BryanL does one of those days work for you? Sara goes back to work Thursday but could go with us on Wednesday. Any chance of that?

• @LargeCar and @BryanL , I just got a call this morning from a close friend in Nehalem (he's closer to Garibaldi, maybe 20 minutes north of Tillamook.). He just got 508 lbs of fresh Albacore Tuna this morning and is going to have it filleted and frozen. He's looking for takers on about 200 of those lbs. The deal is $2.50 lb for whole fish, $6 per fish to fillet, maybe 10 cents/lb. to freeze and store, then 47 cents/can for 1/2 lb cans and 74 cents for one lb cans (actual lined fish cans - not jars). We'll plan a canning day when all hands can show up and help with the work. He's hoping to get it done in the next month or so. Any interest? There is nothing like it in the grocery stores.

I may have have to jump in on this. My folks used to catch and can tuna. It's so much better than store bought.

• We should shoot for next week, no point in waiting 'till the last minute. @BryanL does one of those days work for you? Sara goes back to work Thursday but could go with us on Wednesday. Any chance of that?

I'll have to see how mom is doing by then. She was released today so I'm keeping her here until I feel good about her going home.