SSITS 2018 May 29th-June 3rd Who is Registered?! Where are you staying?!

• I am leaving Tues. to spend the rest of the week in Gatlinburg before heading to Maggie Valley on Sunday. Everybody travel safe and I will see you all in Maggie Valley.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• I still have a ton of those name tags from last year and a ton of colored lanyards. I have not mentioned it yet because last year I didn't have a dedicated place to keep them. And this year I haven't asked anyone if they cared if I give them out.

I will bring them with me and I will find a place to leave them. Once I do I'll post the location and everyone can spread the word.

• Found out this morning that I may have to cancel this trip now. I have a week to hurry up and come up with a plan b to get this trip to still work. If it doesn’t, does anyone know how much notice hotels require for cancellation?

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Found out this morning that I may have to cancel this trip now. I have a week to hurry up and come up with a plan b to get this trip to still work. If it doesn’t, does anyone know how much notice hotels require for cancellation?

Sorry to hear that, I hope it still works out for you. Regarding the hotel it depends how you made your reservation some need only 24 hrs.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

Different boats but possible same outcome...

Had to put the Slingshot in the shop for communication with the mothership.

If no word by Wednesday... will be a bust for MV.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Different boats but possible same outcome...
    Had to put the Slingshot in the shop for communication with the mothership.

If no word by Wednesday... will be a bust for MV.

@airoutlaw what in the world could have you down that long? Is there anything I can help you with?

We cant have you missing the smokies event!

• We good. Belt alignment adjustment is not working correctly. Belt keeps walking out.

Had to put it in the shop for tear down of swing arm pivot points to see if the recall install was done improperly or other failure.

Not expecting results soon.

Yep, Maggie Valley last year, first ride out on The Dragon and the belt walked. Next day at Steel Horses to adjust belt alignment. Been a fight since...

Lost ten days at dealer "x" a week ago and they failed to address that problem.

Not gonna call out that dealer. Will let this new dealer have a shot.

Thanks for the thoughts @rabtech and forum.

If a miracle happens, we will see you folks at SSitS

• fingers crossed that your slingshot gets the TLC she needs before Friday and that we get to meet you in MV

• Irony...

Ten minutes after my post above I received a call from Maggie Valley, NC.

"Mr. Smith? This is Comfort Inn in Maggie Valley and we just received a room cancellation. We have you as the next person on the list for a room during the Slingshots rally. Would you like this room?"

Me: "Ma'am, you have just made my day! But, I just put my trike in the shop today and it doesn't appear that I will be able to make this trip. I thank you for making this call. Please call the next person on the list and put a smile on their face. And you have a wonderful day!

I hope one of you has a shit eating grin!

Gonna keep my reservation at Four Seasons til Thursday.

• Four Seasons requires 48 hours. I checked not long ago. I will have to leave on Saturday June 2nd due to grandson graduation on Sunday. I'll work it out with them when I arrive.

• @airoutlaw I can get my hands on my new recall swingarm if they need one to replace it with. It's still sitting in Hamilton in the box. I am never going to switch to it. Why would I chance a new swingarm when I have already torture tested my original.

So if they say they can't get a new swingarm and bearings (if that is what they need) tell them to call Hamilton and get that one. Actually you call me and I'll go get it and bring it to you. It should have every piece you need to fix a problem like your having.

• Anyone around Tri-State or N.East area going down? Was trying to meet up with @mytoy, but he's leaving a day earlier than we are. We'll be arriving Monday afternoon down at Johnathan Creak Inn. That means we'll be leaving the Baltimore Maryland suburbs early Monday AM. If anyone wants to join. We will be driving through VA then Monday AM. Would be good to catch up with anyone going down that same time frame.

I need to catch up on the boards and get an itinerary in place. @KayTwo, I'd love to get down and see you for lunch on Wednesday.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• @airoutlaw I can get my hands on my new recall swingarm if they need one to replace it with. It's still sitting in Hamilton in the box. I am never going to switch to it. Why would I chance a new swingarm when I have already torture tested my original.

So if they say they can't get a new swingarm and bearings (if that is what they need) tell them to call Hamilton and get that one. Actually you call me and I'll go get it and bring it to you. It should have every piece you need to fix a problem like your having.

@rabtech that is more than a generous offer and I thank you for the big heart.

Our Slingshot is part of the fun that the wife and I enjoy. Although a bit of an inconvenience for our SSitS plans, it hasn't robbed us of something dear.

@Guardian_Angel has a backup plan should Maggie Valley blow out. A ride for the full length of Blue Ridge Parkway, 469 miles, NC to VA. Will just have to reset vacation dates.

Waiting to hear from the dealer on what they find and will pass on that info for everyone.

There are other options... but, I kinda like owning one of the classic fast red ones.

As for the stress tested swing arm on your machine... DUH!!! You should secure that swing arm for your own garage. Aluminum being what it is...

Once again, thanks.

Now go play!