SSITS 2018 May 29th-June 3rd Who is Registered?! Where are you staying?!

• It's not unusual to have a late afternoon pop up shower for 10 to 15 minutes.

Early morning dew is real, but most hotels have wipe down rags available.

The drive in or out can be a toss... simply because those are the gotta travel days.

Some mornings will start out needing a jacket... if you go high ridge, you may stay in the jacket for a while...
    If you stay valley, you may have to shuck it in an hour..

And like every where else... watch the predictions and adjust.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• thank you - greatly appreciated

• help a MV virgin out - should I be concerned about the weather if I don't trailer

Last years forecast was the same. We got a brief shower one day. It can be a little chilly in the mornings. It did start raining on Sunday when we departed for home, but during the rally the weather was really pretty good.

• help a MV virgin out - should I be concerned about the weather if I don't trailer

That's really a tough call. I drove down last year in the Sling. Same forecast, got sprinkled on a couple of times and only 15 minute light drizzle. That is no big deal, just drive like you are on ice and go with it. Usually it's much nicer than the forecast looks on "paper". There can be days that are bad though, and if that's a day you must travel to or from it's going to be difficult. This year I'm trailering, just because I need to be home Sunday for grandson's graduation. That means I need to leave Saturday, and will already be missing out on that day. If it's calling for rain and I drove the Slingshot, then I really need to leave on Friday. Hence the trailer this year.

• Last years forecast was the same. We got a brief shower one day. It can be a little chilly in the mornings. It did start raining on Sunday when we departed for home, but during the rally the weather was really pretty good.

That's really a tough call. I drove down last year in the Sling. Same forecast, got sprinkled on a couple of times and only 15 minute light drizzle. That is no big deal, just drive like you are on ice and go with it. Usually it's much nicer than the forecast looks on "paper". There can be days that are bad though, and if that's a day you must travel to or from it's going to be difficult. This year I'm trailering, just because I need to be home Sunday for grandson's graduation. That means I need to leave Saturday, and will already be missing out on that day. If it's calling for rain and I drove the Slingshot, then I really need to leave on Friday. Hence the trailer this year.

thanks fellas - I've got extra time planned to allow for rain delays was just wondering if Noah's Ark was a better plan than the Slingshot since the weather showed rain every day for the past two weeks

• I would just add this caution. If there is a good rain fall happening, take it real easy (get off the road) if you are on the 40 between MV and Knoxville. We have had slings spin in that location the past couple of years. There is a lot of standing water.

yup - we are firm believers of not traveling when raining enough for water to puddle on the road

• I would just add this caution. If there is a good rain fall happening, take it real easy (get off the road) if you are on the 40 between MV and Knoxville. We have had slings spin in that location the past couple of years. There is a lot of standing water.

I wouldn't want to be going thru the gorge (I-40 NC/TN line to exit 20) in the rain. <X

Please!

Trent and I both know... And don't drive 60-70mphs... :00008862:

That is not second hand news is it??....a personal butt pucker I think :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Same reason I'm heading up there with a modified U Haul. The funny thing is from Fl to MV its $495.00 dropping it off same day at MV. Renting it to get back five days layer it's $150.00 for a total of $645.00 however if i keep it for 6 days its $330.00......ummm lets see.....ummmm.....hate this rocket science crap!...

• Same reason I'm heading up there with a modified U Haul. The funny thing is from Fl to MV its $495.00 dropping it off same day at MV. Renting it to get back five days layer it's $150.00 for a total of $645.00 however if i keep it for 6 days its $330.00......ummm lets see.....ummmm.....hate this rocket science crap!...

But if you buy Kenny_h's trailer, you can save spending that money this year and ever year forward

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by funinthesun ().