SSITS 2018 May 29th-June 3rd Who is Registered?! Where are you staying?!

• Question for you folks .... We're NA and probably going to stay that way - alpha CAI, JRIs, Bassani exhaust, upgraded swaybar and links, bigger tires ...... what would be the pros and cons from doing Bob's tune?

The tune will help - but I have seen plenty of Slings with your upgrades and the stock tune with no issues!
    If you are happy with the performance let it be.... Take it from a junkie the pursuit of HP is as addictive as any drug.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Question for you folks .... We're NA and probably going to stay that way - alpha CAI, JRIs, Bassani exhaust, upgraded swaybar and links, bigger tires ...... what would be the pros and cons from doing Bob's tune?

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I have zero desire (or finances) to spend $4 to $5k on the motor and I like the way it runs with the small changes I have made (CAI, 1320 manifold, exhaust). That being said, I really have a hard time spending $500 for what is essentially a computer program. I've been told that I would really be happy with it but I think I will really be happy with the cash in my pocket too. Next for me is new front tires (Firestone Indy 500's).

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• I'm pretty much in the same boat. I have zero desire (or finances) to spend $4 to $5k on the motor and I like the way it runs with the small changes I have made (CAI, 1320 manifold, exhaust). That being said, I really have a hard time spending $500 for what is essentially a computer program. I've been told that I would really be happy with it but I think I will really be happy with the cash in my pocket too. Next for me is new front tires (Firestone Indy 500's).

I also hear "really happy" but never get specifics other than mileage - just trying to figure out the why's or why not's

I will go out on a limb here and say that there is some potential to be unlocked by the tune even for a bone stock set up. jes my .o2

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• My understanding is Bob’s tune for stock doesnmake the overall performance better.

Can’t speak to specifics, but it has to be better than the stock flash!!

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Procrastination is a real disease. Comfort, Quality, Best West, and Micro all booked and followed with a "sorry"... so...

Jonathan Creek (Creekside screened porch)?

Or...

Four Seasons Inn (Exec Room)?
    ( Guardians preference due to size.. )

Cedisions, Cedisions.. ?(

Somebody call it for us, so I have someone to blame if the room sucks..

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• @Goats_Hogs chime in on this one....you made me a believer

I got Bob's tune in Maggie Valley last year. It was $400 there, and I believe there is a code on a "group buy" floating around that will get you the same price if you ship it to him. Best way would be to catch him at an event. Before the tune, my SS felt more like it was a carb engine. Above 3K RPM, not bad, but flat under it for the most part. For example, running out of Maggie Valley towards Cherokee, there is a long steep climb on US19. With my wife and I, at 60 MPH in 5th it wouldn't hold the speed and I had to drop to 4th. After the tune, I could accelerate in 5th from 55. But that's not the best part. It woke it up above 3K RPM. Now, in 2nd gear at 3,500, I can break the rear loose just stepping on the gas. It runs much harder for certain. Better fuel mileage too.

The only down side, is when it's been sitting for just a little while, then take off when not fully at temp. If you push it, it will sometimes "break up" a bit, slight coughing like feel. It is worse at high altitude. But once fully up to temp, I've never had it do anything be run better and be much more crisp for response.

• @airoutlaw if you can get comfort inn it is way close. I hear quality inn is good, jonathan creek is good. Don't know about the rest.

Creekside makes for nice "after dinner drinks" if you get my drift...:)

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I got Bob's tune in Maggie Valley last year. It was $400 there, and I believe there is a code on a "group buy" floating around that will get you the same price if you ship it to him. Best way would be to catch him at an event. Before the tune, my SS felt more like it was a carb engine. Above 3K RPM, not bad, but flat under it for the most part. For example, running out of Maggie Valley towards Cherokee, there is a long steep climb on US19. With my wife and I, at 60 MPH in 5th it wouldn't hold the speed and I had to drop to 4th. After the tune, I could accelerate in 5th from 55. But that's not the best part. It woke it up above 3K RPM. Now, in 2nd gear at 3,500, I can break the rear loose just stepping on the gas. It runs much harder for certain. Better fuel mileage too.
    The only down side, is when it's been sitting for just a little while, then take off when not fully at temp. If you push it, it will sometimes "break up" a bit, slight coughing like feel. It is worse at high altitude. But once fully up to temp, I've never had it do anything be run better and be much more crisp for response.

I had less than 25 miles since the tune and then stayed on @rabtechs ass all day. I do not remember the difference with and without, it has been to long. But I have never had a stumble of any kind with mine. The only thing that Bob and I could not figure out was before the tune I was getting 34 mpg with a cat delete, Alpha CAI and stock can. Then installed the Welter Duals and did the tune the same day. After the tune I lost 4 mpg, both of these were 1,700 mile average trips to Maggie Valley and back home. Power Band was about 3,200 rpm to 5,200 rpm give or take. Now the power band goes all the way from about 3,400 rpm up to the red line with the Hahn Intake and the Hahn CAI. Does that help anyone? I should have put this somewhere else on the forum

• all the above mentioned listed for group rates are booked with a waiting list... yep.. work schedules and family makes for unpredictable vacations.

Four seasons is like an apartment with kitchenette gas fireplace balcony... and a 2 person Jacuzzi tub... and Jonathan Creek is a much smaller room but a screened porch with a creek.. i like four seasons.. but it takes away from mods @airoutlaw might take a liking to.. got a 3rd exhaust sitting in the garage waiting to be installed.. (alpha variable doesn't vary after the can gets hot, we left Maggie valley 2 year ago with 1200 less in our pockets and before we got to nantahala, the valve/baffle stuck on the closed positioned. 2017, spoke with Henry about that 1 year guarantee that came with the alpha variable... we came home with the same. Yep.. oh henry... quality parts keeps customers happy and wallets open) Im no longer really into the modding part of it but enjoy the event and seeing all.. and enjoying the relaxation of smoky mountain vacating! We are not registering for any of the roadster group rides.. but will be open to joining any smaller group rides, breakfast runs.. searching out the best long island iced tea south of the mason Dixon line... ^^ look forward to seeing all old and new faces.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• all the above mentioned listed for group rates are booked with a waiting list... yep.. work schedules and family makes for unpredictable vacations.

Four seasons is like an apartment with kitchenette gas fireplace balcony... and a 2 person Jacuzzi tub... and Jonathan Creek is a much smaller room but a screened porch with a creek.. i like four seasons.. but it takes away from mods @airoutlaw might take a liking to.. got a 3rd exhaust sitting in the garage waiting to be installed.. (alpha variable doesn't vary after the can gets hot, we left Maggie valley 2 year ago with 1200 less in our pockets and before we got to nantahala, the valve/baffle stuck on the closed positioned. 2017, spoke with Henry about that 1 year guarantee that came with the alpha variable... we came home with the same. Yep.. oh henry... quality parts keeps customers happy and wallets open) Im no longer really into the modding part of it but enjoy the event and seeing all.. and enjoying the relaxation of smoky mountain vacating! We are not registering for any of the roadster group rides.. but will be open to joining any smaller group rides, breakfast runs.. searching out the best long island iced tea south of the mason Dixon line... ^^ look forward to seeing all old and new faces.

Some crazy people from Indiana staying at the Four Seasons.... Still trying to get enough names and numbers to make it worth while selling... Looking forward to visiting...