In remembrance of 9/11

• I know there are a whole lot of people who have many other more immediate things on their mind today, but I wanted to offer this remembrance of the martyrs and victims of the attacks in New York, PA, and DC, 16 years ago today, and all of those who have sacrificed their lives or well-being in the fight ever since. You are not forgotten. Rest in peace.

• I was living in Ronkonkoma on Long Island during that event. There were a lot of NYC police and fireman who lived in that general area. We attended funerals services for 2 months no stop. Everyone of my kids friends lost someone. Trust me I will never forget.
    I will always remember how the world around us just stopped.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• The hard rock band Disturbed did a remake of Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel & made this awesome 9/11 tribute video - check it out:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I was working for Morgan Stanley at the time with a riverfront office just across from the Portland airport. I remember being creeped out by the silence of no planes flying in or out. You wouldn't expect the lack of activity or noise to affect you but it was just eerie. Like many others that day, I just got up and walked out the door and went home. Morgan Stanley occupied 10 floors of the trade center and many of the people I dealt with daily were there. One woman on the bond desk told me later that she saw the profile of the pilot of the second plane as it leveled out and hit just above her. Had it not leveled, the wing would have taken her out.

My training included 3 weeks on the 61st floor of the trade center which was the practice at the time. My partner on some rental properties, who I met at Morgan Stanley, had just completed his 3 weeks on the Friday before the Tuesday attack. The impact on him was profound to say the least.

NEVER FORGOTTEN

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I was sitting at a training area outside of Camp Lejeune, NC when this all happened. Remember it like yesterday....5 months later I was sitting in Kuwait waiting to open the can of Whoop Ass!

Damn...just realized I put that wrong...a year and 5 months later...didn't get sent until 03.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

Edited once, last by D.W.Slusher ().

• Thank you for posting this Jared... I will never forget!

Watching the towers fall from my office on Canal/Bowery is one of the main reasons we no longer live there. Both my ex and I didn't want to raise a kid in a city that was constantly a terrorist target (between the '93 bombing and 9/11, it was time to move).

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I remember I was in court preparing to have some motions heard and the judge got a message and slapped his gavel and said "Court adjourned - America is under attack" and abruptly left the bench. He sure left a courtroom full of people with a WTF?? look on their face - turned out to be worse than any of us imagined - one of the saddest day in American history IMO.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• If anyone gets the chance to see the memorial at the Pentagon, please do it and take the tour. When the Pentagon was constructed, it was done quickly, which meant it did not have the structural support that it actually needed. The wing of the Pentagon that the plane hit on 9/11 was the first wing that had been renovated to include the steel supports. That was one reason it was almost completely empty. Had the plane hit any other wing, it would have gone completely through the wing, through the central exposed lunch area, and halfway through the next wing before coming to rest. Hundreds, if not thousands would have been killed.

@KayTwo and I were still at the Naval Academy. I dont know about him, but I was between classes when we got the word. When I walked into my next class, Navigation, we were having a test. The instructor told us what he knew, passed out the test, and walked out. He walked in a few minutes later and said the Pentagon got hit. The kid next to me turned white. His dad was working at the Pentagon. A few people quit school in the days that followed because they didn't sign up for war. The rest of us realized the world we knew was changing. Since that day, I've lost shipmates, classmates, and friends in the war against terror. Today we remember those that lost their lives, who fought back and lost all, and those who are still fighting.

Today we remember that no matter our creed, color, gender, sexual preference, or any other notion that serves to divide us, that we are one nation, equal in the eyes of those who wish to do us harm. We are all Americans, no more, no less.

• If anyone gets the chance to see the memorial at the Pentagon, please do it and take the tour. When the Pentagon was constructed, it was done quickly, which meant it did not have the structural support that it actually needed. The wing of the Pentagon that the plane hit on 9/11 was the first wing that had been renovated to include the steel supports. That was one reason it was almost completely empty. Had the plane hit any other wing, it would have gone completely through the wing, through the central exposed lunch area, and halfway through the next wing before coming to rest. Hundreds, if not thousands would have been killed.

@KayTwo and I were still at the Naval Academy. I dont know about him, but I was between classes when we got the word. When I walked into my next class, Navigation, we were having a test. The instructor told us what he knew, passed out the test, and walked out. He walked in a few minutes later and said the Pentagon got hit. The kid next to me turned white. His dad was working at the Pentagon. A few people quit school in the days that followed because they didn't sign up for war. The rest of us realized the world we knew was changing. Since that day, I've lost shipmates, classmates, and friends in the war against terror. Today we remember those that lost their lives, who fought back and lost all, and those who are still fighting.

Today we remember that no matter our creed, color, gender, sexual preference, or any other notion that serves to divide us, that we are one nation, equal in the eyes of those who wish to do us harm. We are all Americans, no more, no less.

Nicely written, baby.

It was the beginning of my senior year. I was in an off-period, walking outside, and passed a civilian employee sitting in his car listening to the radio. He called me over, we listed for a few minutes, and I made a beeline for "my" area of the dorm. We locked it down, started taking roll call, and glued ourselves to the television. I watched the second tower come down on a live feed. By then we had Marines at the gates of the campus with the .50 cal mounts on the Humvees manned up, and sandbag emplacements being built. Absolutely nuts.

• They, the government, have tried to pull all images of that event off social media and tv. "They" claim the images are too violent for the citizens to see. I say BULLSHIT!!! Show it,.. keep reminding people what the hell happened. Is it hard to see? Yes. But people forget and want to live in some make-believe world and say,.. "it's not going to happen here". These piece of shit scum bags are still out there,..right here in this country. WHY? Because we let them in. There are acts of terrorism across the country EVERYDAY. Kept hush, hush, because the American citizen can't handle it. The economic fallout would be massive if people really knew what happens everyday. Every state has had something happen. EVERY ONE! 314 cases last year throughout the USA. I will always remember. Stay safe

P.S. Time for me to go back to my safe place and forget everything,.. my slingshot

• I agree and believe only in truth ~> and truth has no safe space! Erasing (or hiding) history only serves a disservice to all future generations...

If you don't learn from history - it will be repeated - can't believe we haven't learned that lesson yet
    Take everything going on now - go back to most any point n history and you will see a variation of the same thing.
    All the young marshmallows universities are turning out are in for a big surprise. Do you really think they will like what they are creating - I Think NOT!
    Sheep are getting fattened up for slaughter

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

Great speech my feminine friend !! I like another great orator and his message for America

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• While we are remembering those who lost their lives, 9/11/2001, please let us not forget the U.S Embassy, so shamefully abandoned in Ben Ghazi, 9/11/2012. We needlessly lost 4 American lives due to negligence on the part of our government.