Equifax security breach

• If you haven't heard Equifax credit reporting agency has been hacked and most likely your personal information has been stolen...it effects 143 million people....

Other information you might not have heard...the breach happened in June or July and they withheld this information until yesterday.... During that time the company officers sold off much of their stock to prevent huge personal financial loses.

If this information would have been released right after it happened you and 143 million other people could have taken immediate steps to protect your credit.... Equifax has demonstrated that they care nothing about you or your credit and any financial loses you might suffer because of this. They had a party selling their stock and hiding this information.

I just filed a complaint with the FTC about them. I urge everyone to file a similar complaint and demand a complete investigation of the CEO and the closing down Equifax and forcing financial restitution for the 143 million people whose personal information has been stolen. I would think selling their stock is a blatant violation of the insider trading laws and probably several other related laws. They need put in jail.

• equifax sucks. They have always scored me lower than Transunion and Experian. And they have always reported me having a late payment on my record. And when i call them they cant explain why that keeps showing up when companies pull my credit. Mainly because i have NEVER had a late payment and they don't show me as EVER having a late payment.

Yet i was denied credit and the letter i recieved was because of a delinquent payment history on my Equifax credit report.

It just pisses me off. I hope they shut Equifax down. Because of them I have to have whomever is giving me credit to manually review my credit to prove its incorrect.

• I've had similar experiences with equifax. They are definitely the worse of the three main credit reporting agencies. Hopefully some charges of insider trading will destroy their crap company.

• They keep saying that I had a late payment in 1979 but they can't tell me who it was suppose to go to or what it was for, I guess its going to be there forever

• equifax sucks. ................... And they have always reported me having a late payment on my record

They keep saying that I had a late payment in 1979 but they can't tell me who it was suppose to go to or what it was for, I guess its going to be there forever

Go here: Get My Free Credit Report | Federal Trade Commission

Pull your report from all three ... and use their system to dispute any mistakes, out of date records, (or anything you would just like removed) If the original entity that made the entry does not deny the dispute in writing to the agency by law it must be removed from your report(s).

Do this once a year every year, it is free, does not effect your score, and can make a profound difference .....

......... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I would add one more thing....after the initial look, stagger your requests from the 3 companies so you are looking at a new report every 4-6 months. Helps keep you more current.

• My score is also always lower from them...but i think there is a way to help...you can call them to freeze your credit report....freezing your report keeps every potential creditor from accessing your credit report from that agency....so I'm thinking if they can't see my report from them...but they see my other two..then they can't see their consistantly lower than everyone elses score.. might work.... and I think a lot of these people you apply to for credit use them first as an excuse to charge you higher interest....I think Equifax is running a credit score scam....they get more hits and they get more business....

Please file a complaint with the FTC....just takes a few minutes...

How do I place a freeze on my credit reports?

Contact each of the nationwide credit reporting companies:

Here's the kicker Equifax charges $10 to freeze your report..

you can not use the phone for the other two...you have to go to their web site....

• they can only go back 10 years.....

Equifax is unscrupulous ....they lie....

They keep saying that I had a late payment in 1979 but they can't tell me who it was suppose to go to or what it was for, I guess its going to be there forever

write a letter to them and tell them since they don't have the info and can not produce any...take it off your report...can't hurt to try...

any creditor that relies on info from 1979 is not worth doing business with..over 30 years ago...bankruptcy only stays on your report for 10 years...what' s worse than that as far as your credit score..

• EquiFax claims the executives had no knowledge of the breach or that it was about to be announced publicly. Yeah, sure! Looks like we need @Bill Marin to hurry up and get out of the hospital. I'm sure he can do a class action for us and get at least what we each paid for Slingshot modifications! :D
    Also, the site EquiFax setup for people to check if their data was breached appears top be flaky and reports both yes and no on different tries and also reports positively when people have entered fictitious info! On top of that, if you accepted their credit monitoring offer, it was designed to start billing you at some point and also required you to agree not to join a class action lawsuit if you use the service. EquiFax now claims they're not enforcing that restriction.

• Do NOT trust that, I tried with a random name and bs numbers and still said I was affected...... I do recommend you sign up with a credit monitoring service, preferably one that not only monitors but actually solves the issue if one does come.

Also unless you are planning on buying a house/car soon put a lock on your credit. that way no new accounts can be opened in the event that you do get bit.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.