To top or not to top - that is the question - well kind of

• I purchased my Slingshot in early May of this your and as many of you may know I live in the desert. I have driven my slingshot to and from work every day and also on weekends even when we have had days as hot as 122 I have absolutely loved the openness and connection with everything that is happening around me as I drive.

So what I would like to know is has anyone here purchased a top and then decided it took so much away from that open feeling that they regretted getting it?

The reason I ask is because I have considered a top just because my wife hates sitting in the sun and as such she doesnt like riding with me in the middle of the day. I am hoping she will change her mind when we get into cooler weather, but if she doesnt I may put more thought into a top - I would just hate to do it and then discover it makes it less fun for me to enjoy the 95% of the time when she isnt with me

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I live in the desert of NM. I bought a top for sun shade & have no regrets. The top helps immensely. No, it does NOT take away from that open air feeling.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I bought a top and though I do prefer open top the top makes it bearable in hot weather done here in Texas 100+
    Its cooler days now in upper 80s to 90 which is nice weather here but I thought I would take the top off and havnt, now I dont get to ride as much as I would like as the new Job is work from home but its become a habit with the top on so I left it . still kinda nice , I do miss the night view but then dont get out much after dark
    JMHO

• My wife is somewhere between the scale of Irish and albino on the scale of white. I don't suffer from that myself...but she was finding it tough to be in the slingshot for long rides. So in an effort to ensure she is more comfortable and not spontaneously combust...I got a top. No regrets. Long rides, even solo, are way more comfortable. The Rocky Mountain region doesn't see the heat you all do, but we are definitely closer to the sun and that does make a difference.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I live on the South Carolina coast. I have been in the sun all of my life and riding bikes since May, 1964. I have been fighting skin cancer since 1982. I have been burnt, cut, frozen, and electrocuted to get rid of said skin cancers, also in the process I basically had two face lifts. So enjoy the sun, for you will pay for it later. GOOD LUCK

• This is not a solicitation. 100% me speaking as just a SlingShot owner.
    @edwardaneal I understand your thinking more than you know. I think SlingShot looks better with no top and thought as you do that I would just deal with the hot weather and enjoy the SS as designed (open). With that said I will tell you that regardless of the direction you take or top you choose from anyone off the fine manufacturers offering them you will not be disappointed.
    Just look them all over and choose the one that best meets both you and your wife's needs. Lots to choose from and all are winners.

Do not regret putting a top on at all.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Mine is the best top and just get that one. Form. Function. Price. I'm basically the Apple of Slingshot tops... Do it. Get it. You know you want it. Or wait for next year's Sport Top 2. Then Sport Top 2s... Then... Well, you get it...

Do not regret putting a top on at all.

There... Fixed it for you!

:P

I'm getting your top Patrick! Loved @Painters!

• There... Fixed it for you!

:P

I'm getting your top Patrick! Loved @Painters!

thanks @MiM but I was being as nonpartison with my comment as possible. I hate that I have to worry about how I phrase things because I do enjoy making suggestions or giving feedback.

In regards to top options I stand behind my comment and feel that any top is better than no top based off his comments and that he would not regret the purchase from any of the fine suppliers.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• thanks @MiM but I was being as nonpartison with my comment as possible. I hate that I have to worry about how I phrase things because I do enjoy making suggestions or giving feedback.
    In regards to top options I stand behind my comment and feel that any top is better than no top based off his comments and that he would not regret the purchase from any of the fine suppliers.

Don't worry RD I did not take your reply as you trying to push your Top. If I do get a top yours is going to be one I consider as I do want one thats removable and only yours and the canvas tops by Twist Dynamic and Bullet Speed seem to be removable without having to break out the tools and fully uninstall the top. Thank you very much for your input in this thread

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have RD's top and absolutely love it. That being said, last week was in the 70s and next week is only supposed to get into the mid 80s. I have the top completely removed for now. I will probably have it on in Eureka but it will definitely be on through the winter and again in the summer. Too often we get an unexpected rain in the winter and cold rain does not feel good. Expected hot sun in the summer doesn't feel good either.

• I purchased my Slingshot in early May of this your and as many of you may know I live in the desert. I have driven my slingshot to and from work every day and also on weekends even when we have had days as hot as 122 I have absolutely loved the openness and connection with everything that is happening around me as I drive.

So what I would like to know is has anyone here purchased a top and then decided it took so much away from that open feeling that they regretted getting it?

The reason I ask is because I have considered a top just because my wife hates sitting in the sun and as such she doesnt like riding with me in the middle of the day. I am hoping she will change her mind when we get into cooler weather, but if she doesnt I may put more thought into a top - I would just hate to do it and then discover it makes it less fun for me to enjoy the 95% of the time when she isnt with me

Ed, I will probably never 'top' mine, but I have a friend that has the MadStad Stinger. I like the options it has....

Polaris Slingshot Madstad Stinger Roof Top GEN II - Slingshot Only

• @edwardaneal I have the Madstad stinger top that @EjFord mentions above. Isince San Diego county is not as hot as Palm Springs I normally only use the top when travel long distances through Az or Nevada. It does a great job keeping the sun off of you. When not in use I have the tops in my shed at home. So it still has that really open feeling. Another Nice thing about this top is if you are on the road and want to remove it you can by swinging it around backwards.

• @edwardaneal I have the Madstad stinger top that @EjFord mentions above. Isince San Diego county is not as hot as Palm Springs I normally only use the top when travel long distances through Az or Nevada. It does a great job keeping the sun off of you. When not in use I have the tops in my shed at home. So it still has that really open feeling. Another Nice thing about this top is if you are on the road and want to remove it you can by swinging it around backwards.

Great job on the explain...Thanks....