Track day not good

• Seems like a case of shooting the messenger. Accident DID happen and it obviously had a cause. People always tend to try and draw quick conclusions but, either way, I'm glad someone reported it (more glad that no one hurt). Noel's 2 cents is worth 2 dollars in my opinion on most things.

Not sure where you see a case of shoot the messenger. This messenger delivered a message that no one asked to be delivered. Let's say your son asked his girlfriend to marry him and instead of getting the good news from him, you find out from someone on Facebook you don't even know. For those of us that call @Tango friend, this was inappropriate. I don't know how @Tango feels about it, but I was pissed off for him.

• Not sure where you see a case of shoot the messenger. This messenger delivered a message that no one asked to be delivered. Let's say your son asked his girlfriend to marry him and instead of getting the good news from him, you find out from someone on Facebook you don't even know. For those of us that call @Tango friend, this was inappropriate. I don't know how @Tango feels about it, but I was pissed off for him.

I understand your point and appreciate it. My sympathies to Tango.

• If I was smart, I would stay the hell out of this thread. BUT all I'm going to say is this. ONE OF OUR OWN WAS KILLED IN A SLINGSHOT ACCIDENT ON A LEGAL HIGHWAY THIS WEEKEND. While those of us are morning the loss of a true friend (Jim Mosbey) and are sadden by the horrible injuries his wife Pam is starting to deal with, why can't this constant back and forth bull shit end right here right now? Let's be thankful that Tango was not hurt and the other two non-slingshots that were involved in altercations were as lucky to escape injury free. There's a time and place for everything in life, and let me tell ya'll this much - Today is not the time and THIS is not the place to fight about this incident. Out of respect for Jim, please let it end now

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Hey!!!! how bout them cowboys :00002047: .. Can we all just Chill and move on. Lets not start the mess from the other side. Everyone needs to take a step back...take a deep breath...knock one out of you need to :00000019: ...whatever helps get us back on track.. @Ruptured Duck was right. This was an unfortunate accident cause by whatever!. It's an accident so lets move on to what's important. We're all wondering how that monster did before the unfortunate incident. What was is like being behind the wheel of that monster. I, for one, would like to know what it feels like compared to a stock or TC'd sling. Is is heavier? does if feel more solid and stable....etc....that kind of stuff. If @Tango decides to share what happened, then so be it, but can we please move forward on this before it festers into another mess like we had "over there"?
    Much Grass! cool-squared
    @Tango, hope you're doing well buddy and when you're ready, if you'd care to enlighten us as to how that thing feels, I'm sure many of us here would like to hear how it felt to drive that thing on a track.

• If I was smart, I would stay the hell out of this thread. BUT all I'm going to say is this. ONE OF OUR OWN WAS KILLED IN A SLINGSHOT ACCIDENT ON A LEGAL HIGHWAY THIS WEEKEND. While those of us are morning the loss of a true friend (Jim Mosbey) and are sadden by the horrible injuries his wife Pam is starting to deal with, why can't this constant back and forth bull shit end right here right now? Let's be thankful that Tango was not hurt and the other two non-slingshots that were involved in altercations were as lucky to escape injury free. There's a time and place for everything in life, and let me tell ya'll this much - Today is not the time and THIS is not the place to fight about this incident. Out of respect for Jim, please let it end now

Exactly!!!! I for one received the news of the incident minutes after receiving the news about Jim and Pam. I'm still in shock over that and to read the squabbles going on about this weekend's track incident is kind of Shitty (to put it lightly). Lets move on ! angry-squared

• Guys I am deeply saddened by the news of loosing one our own. This BS squabbling has no place anywhere other than here, in this thread. I hate that it is here, but this is the place where it needs to be hashed out. It's obvious that Noel either didn't see an issue with what he posted or he just didn't care. Not sure which. But its also obvious that some of us took heartburn with what he posted. To drag the tragic event of Jim's death into this thread to be used for making your point is downright shameful.

We're all wondering how that monster did before the unfortunate incident. What was is like being behind the wheel of that monster. I, for one, would like to know what it feels like compared to a stock or TC'd sling. Is is heavier? does if feel more solid and stable....etc....that kind of stuff. If @Tango decides to share what happened, then so be it, but can we please move forward on this before it festers into another mess like we had "over there"?

As for how it felt to be behind the wheel of the Monster, I can't speak from experience as I was next to get behind the wheel but never got my turn! ;) I can say that the Summit Point circuit is EXTREMELY technical with only a couple good straight aways. That being said, there isn't a lot of room for big HP to show it's dominance on this track. Bone stock Slings and boosted Slings can pretty much run neck and neck with similarly skilled pilots behind the wheels. Of course I am speaking HP wise, tires and suspension are a different story entirely with all the tight turns. I do know that @Tango was definitely not showboating. As it has already been stated, the first time he took it out, which was the 4th or 5th time for the rest of us, he got passed by pretty much everything on the track. Not because he doesn't have skill or the V8 couldn't handle the track, but because he was being smart and feeling her out.

Watching the video of the incident, his lines for the entire lap prior, were very clean and smooth. The Sling appeared to be handling beautifully. Speed was nowhere near excessive. Coming out of a right hand turn beautifully and starting to straighten up, the rear end seemed to suddenly come loose and the sling went left basically T-boning a wall. It was very strange to watch, if I hadn't known better, it looked like somebody falling asleep at the wheel and veering off to the median. Obviously @Tango didn't fall asleep on the track... before someone doesn't read in entirety. The point is that it was kind of a freak thing, nothing @Tango could have done to prevent it really, the back end came loose and the Sling just became unresponsive. I can say that the thing sounded mean as hell!! It really did have the sound of an angry beast being awakened from a deep slumber.

Watching him take it up down the street a couple times, you tell just by watching @Tango and his occupant that it definitely had throw you back in your seat big power when he would burp the throttle. I don't know that a turbo'd sling could ever feel anything like it as the power of that V8 was obviously instant!!

• Super glad @Tango was not injured!! Super sad that a fellow Sling lover has lost his life, and his lovely wife is seriously injured!! Our hearts go out to them all.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• @WraithSS you are WRONG! hedgehog is deleting those emails do your home work dude! I will stand up for any friend and any board forum member, also ,this is a bloody mess, we were supposed to be all in-sync on this forum- the end of the day- there was an accident, lets all be glad that no one was hurt!!!!!!!!

• Wraith ain't wrong. People who were 1000 miles away from our track day who post crap on this stupid thread are wrong.

Track day was awesome. The V8 was awesome. All tracking slings were awesome, though me a bit less than others.

Back to your arm chair and bud lite.

• read the string DUDE-WraithSS you are WRONG! hedgehog is deleting those emails do your home work-its re the deleted emails

Dude, you are not reading the memo. Give it up. You are fixating on a thread titled track day not good by a dirt bag that was not even there.

If you want to fuss over who deleted posts, including some of mine, start a new thread.

Track day was awesome. If you were not there, I accept no comments to the contrary.

• Key Rist...this is the same bullshit that happened on the "other" forum. Folks blaming and pointing fingers...enough already.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.