Track day not good

• I heard 2 Invaders crashed but only saw one with my own eyes. It was a blue one that went front/passenger side into a wall and it appeared he lost most of the front body work, damaged the front of the framework and passenger side tire suspension and wheel. This happened on the very first session, cold track, cold tires about 6 or 7 minutes in.

@Tangos happened at the end of the day. I did talk to him and even saw some video, even after that I'm still not sure what happened. He has some front end damage, I'm sure you guys have seen some pics posted by some others that just can't seem to wait to stir the pot, for what ever reason I cannot even begin to understand. Either way, the important thing is that @Tango is okay. If he wants to discuss further what happened, I feel we should leave that to him. If it were I, I'd probably just want to leave it at I'm fine, I don't want to talk about it!! LOL... He is much wiser than me and seems to understand shit happens and you move on. I think I told him verbatim that I would have been laying in the fetal position crying on the track...

Well put brother. At least he is OK.
    I am sure he is heartbroken. Maybe time for a wrench day!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @WraithSS i read the string and to be blunt i am going to chime my 2 cents, i can and will vouch for @Noel Hughes and cyclesprings, this is one of the most sincere, caring, always there for others first that i know of, the feedback is causing drama, there was an accident- FACT- Slingshot is down-FACT- no one is hurt-FACT, please be careful-, IE please be careful, looking out for others, to disrespect him or cyclesprings because there are concerned and want all others to be safe is good in my book, brakes, whatever....you want my opinion...well i am giving it, the day you drive on a track with your SS, expect a 50/50 chance of getting in a wreck, even the pros will tell you that, unlike you, i will always buy my toys from C.S. they are the most caring folks i know.

• @FLSLING Sir, I am sorry that you feel the need to state facts that still have no bearing on what I was referring to. Fact- Noel made a comment about brakes being the culprit in the wreck. Fact- Noel was not at the track day and has no way of knowing that. Fact- Noel said there were 3 slings wrecked, once again not at the track and is wrong.

I have been around automobiles my entire life and spent countless days at race tracks. So, your preaching is falling on deaf ears buddy. I've even tried to promote track insurance to the group over at Slingshot Forums.

Unlike you I will not purchase anything else from C.S. unless Noel rewords his posts on the forums or makes an apology. On both forums his wording of the posts is in poor taste. His thread title over at the other forum is "V8 didn't handle the track". I can and will vouch for @Turbosling and @Tango.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Oh, and if anyone wants to take a glance over at the other forum Noel is deleting anyone's posts that do not fall in line with his comments about the incident at the track. Also, fact.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I heard 2 Invaders crashed but only saw one with my own eyes. It was a blue one that went front/passenger side into a wall and it appeared he lost most of the front body work, damaged the front of the framework and passenger side tire suspension and wheel. This happened on the very first session, cold track, cold tires about 6 or 7 minutes in.

@Tangos happened at the end of the day. I did talk to him and even saw some video, even after that I'm still not sure what happened. He has some front end damage, I'm sure you guys have seen some pics posted by some others that just can't seem to wait to stir the pot, for what ever reason I cannot even begin to understand. Either way, the important thing is that @Tango is okay. If he wants to discuss further what happened, I feel we should leave that to him. If it were I, I'd probably just want to leave it at I'm fine, I don't want to talk about it!! LOL... He is much wiser than me and seems to understand shit happens and you move on. I think I told him verbatim that I would have been laying in the fetal position crying on the track...

Thanks for posting since you were there...most importantly y'all weren't hurt! The machine can be fixed.

• Oh, and if anyone wants to take a glance over at the other forum Noel is deleting anyone's posts that do not fall in line with his comments about the incident at the track. Also, fact.

I am not sure why those posts are being removed...I will try and find out...

• I am not sure why those posts are being removed...I will try and find out...

DKF, Thank you! Noel posted the thread in his forum. So, I believe he has the ability to moderate those threads, right? Looks like he has already deleted 3 posts.

• The Internet can be an odd place. I definitely had one post deleted, possibly two.

Who cares. If some dingleberry (those toilet paper tumble weeds in your butt crack) wants to post about things he knows nothing about, so what. At the end of the day, dingleberries always get their due. While said berry was sitting at a keyboard posting poo, we were out having a blast doing something challenging.

Yet another bad subject line, and people are getting the wrong idea. Track day was excellent. That one of us had a boo-boo is just noise. Could just have easily been me. On this day, the coin came up tails and I was spared. Nobody hurt, damage minor. If Henry says no problem, no problem.

Facts on the ground are that I was there, I was delighted to see my sling friends, and we had a marvelous time.

Track day was excellent. That there is true.

• @FLSLING Sir, I am sorry that you feel the need to state facts that still have no bearing on what I was referring to. Fact- Noel made a comment about brakes being the culprit in the wreck. Fact- Noel was not at the track day and has no way of knowing that. Fact- Noel said there were 3 slings wrecked, once again not at the track and is wrong.

I have been around automobiles my entire life and spent countless days at race tracks. So, your preaching is falling on deaf ears buddy. I've even tried to promote track insurance to the group over at Slingshot Forums.

Unlike you I will not purchase anything else from C.S. unless Noel rewords his posts on the forums or makes an apology. On both forums his wording of the posts is in poor taste. His thread title over at the other forum is "V8 didn't handle the track". I can and will vouch for @Turbosling and @Tango.

Get butthurt easy? Sounds like this boils down to a old beef that belongs on the other site. image.jpeg

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• Get butthurt easy? Sounds like this boils down to a old beef that belongs on the other site. image.jpeg

Wrong. You and the OP can say all you want from your armchairs. We rode. Hard, inherently dangerous, and a bit spendy. Don't be dissin' us. Can't run off the track if you don't get on the track. Didn't see either of you there.

We had several ambulances watching over us, just in case. Fortunately, not needed. Trust that nobody is watching over you on a grocery run, just to flirt in the parking lot.

Pound sand, dude. Bad post.

• Get butthurt easy? Sounds like this boils down to a old beef that belongs on the other site. image.jpeg

Sir, I'm not sure why you felt a personal attack was necessary. Maybe that makes a person like you feel better about yourself. The only reason I even posted back up is because a member here mentioned me in his "two cents". So, I responded. It's really very simple.

• Wrong. You and the OP can say all you want from your armchairs. We rode. Hard, inherently dangerous, and a bit spendy. Don't be dissin' us. Can't run off the track if you don't get on the track. Didn't see either of you there.

We had several ambulances watching over us, just in case. Fortunately, not needed. Trust that nobody is watching over you on a grocery run, just to flirt in the parking lot.

Pound sand, dude. Bad post.

I'm truly at a loss for words, which rarely happens to me ?( I need a interpreter to even make sense of the travesty above. I could care less if y'all race around the moon. Racing is not for me, nor most of the folks on the forum. I'm normally the one working inside the ambulance. The point of my post is there was too much arguing on the other site. This is a chance for a new start.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• @WraithSS i read the string and to be blunt i am going to chime my 2 cents, i can and will vouch for @Noel Hughes and cyclesprings, this is one of the most sincere, caring, always there for others first that i know of, the feedback is causing drama, there was an accident- FACT- Slingshot is down-FACT- no one is hurt-FACT, please be careful-, IE please be careful, looking out for others, to disrespect him or cyclesprings because there are concerned and want all others to be safe is good in my book, brakes, whatever....you want my opinion...well i am giving it, the day you drive on a track with your SS, expect a 50/50 chance of getting in a wreck, even the pros will tell you that, unlike you, i will always buy my toys from C.S. they are the most caring folks i know.

It was not his place to post Tango's misfortune, his information was wrong, he was not there, he had no details, his claim that he didn't know who's Sling it was .....well ...... then deleting posts that either conflicted with his information or disagree with him posting it ....

Several posts where made over there that suggested he drop it and let Tango deal with it ...he of course deleted them... then an hour later, after deleting posts, and after Henry posted that Tango was OK he chose to post this here ....

Tell me what rules this broke, if it insulted anyone, or if it warranted being deleted ..... it was the third reply to his post over there

Nobody is perfect .... we all do stupid shit......in this case your friend was wrong....happens.... its what you do afterwards that shows your character.....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

So I badly want to ignore this, but it obviously is point of contention with many of us. It's a sore that none of us seem to be able to stop picking at.

The FACT is that Noel didn't have all the correct information and he posted some crap half cocked. Anyone who has been around this forum or the other for any amount of time knows what @Tango's Sling looks like. It is very distinct, with the red mirror housings and front splitter. Not to mention, how many V8 Slings are out there?? Posting that picture and his extremely poor choice of wording "V8 can't handle the track" and "Track day not good" was simply bad form. Does Noel KNOW that it had ANYTHING to do with the V8? Does Noel KNOW that the track day wasn't good? If you ask me or pretty much anyone else there, including @Tango I bet they will tell you that the track day was a blast!!! I sure had an AMAZING time running my Sling around the track and hanging out with my people!! Did we have an unfortunate accident? Sure. Sometimes, shit happens. I have no doubt that anyone who was there hates to see or hear of the unfortunate incident. Does that mean the whole day was an absolute wash? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

How I see Noel's post was not concern or sincere caring, it was an opportunity to be the first to say I know something you guys don't, hey look at this. And I can sell you CRAP to make your Sling not end up like this one! Fire Sale!!! And for the record, the V8 had massive 6 piston calipers with enough stopping power to stop a full size truck... as a matter of fact those brakes are bigger than the calipers on my full size truck!! I say this because the comment about in proper brakes (I interpreted as improper brakes) implies that the machine didn't have proper brakes to stop the big V8 power being made. Plenty of stopping power and then some! AGAIN, not that brakes had ANYTHING to do with it as the incident happened after acceleration out of a turn... dunt dunt dun

• Several have posted that our crew is family. Quite true. Get that, respect that, and silence machen if you were not there.

Pick on one one of us, expect a hurricane from the rest of us. Proud of the folks I hang with.

• I for one hope that when (or if) Tango is ready, he posts the details of his ride. I almost wet myself with excitement watching the doughnut video when he picked it up. Then almost cried when I saw her broken. But @Tango is okay and his girl can be fixed, so maybe I can learn from his experience.

• Seems like a case of shooting the messenger. Accident DID happen and it obviously had a cause. People always tend to try and draw quick conclusions but, either way, I'm glad someone reported it (more glad that no one hurt). Noel's 2 cents is worth 2 dollars in my opinion on most things.

• OK I'll ask because despite the crappy ending for @Tango. I'm sure it was an amazing ride up to the last. Because he was not hurt I just want to ask..... What was it like to have such an amazing beast on the track? wacky-squared ( gotta put a good spin on this!)

Track day accidents happen all the time to the best and most prepared vehicles and teams. Race teams deal with this all the time and can have it happen at any point caused by any number of factors. Get out of the line exiting a corner and your into the be-bees, don't care who you are or what your driving that is gonna upset the vehicle. Can happen to a V8 powered Slingshot or a 2 stoke Moped. I have no first hand knowledge of the event nor is my comment above factual. I just want anyone that has not tracked a vehicle to understand that some days are better than others but even a bad day at the track is better than a good day at work (hope the ones making the very open ended statements understand this!). Tango is a trouper that is putting himself and his money out on the line for all of us to learn from. I commend both him and Alpha for being cutting edge and pushing it to the extreme. This is the only way any of us learn anything, even for other competitors. I work in a very competitive market where someone is always looking to one up you or better you. True grace is being able to admire what others have tried (good or bad) learn from it and do it better without negativity. No one wins in negative promotional type of business practice. This is said to ALL vendors because I have seen it done more than a few times over the past 2 plus years. Not singling one out just using the opportunity to stand on a soap box. Sorry, and I'm done now. angel-squared

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• For those who do have not met Tango, he is the nicest easiest going person I have ever met. He is by no means a hot shot. He passed on the first few sessions because there were a few things he wanted to button up before he hit the track. Turbosling came to the track to help with prep and checking out the machine. The first session he had his bike out he was running a comfortable pace getting a feeling for both the machine and the track. I remember ribbing him when we can un how excited I was that I passed the V8 Sling. I can not comment on what happened because it happened in the last session and I had already left. But I am sure when he is ready he will fill us in and he is the only one who can give us the correct facts.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• OK I'll ask because despite the crappy ending for @Tango. I'm sure it was an amazing ride up to the last. Because he was not hurt I just want to ask..... What was it like to have such an amazing beast on the track? wacky-squared ( gotta put a good spin on this!)

Track day accidents happen all the time to the best and most prepared vehicles and teams. Race teams deal with this all the time and can have it happen at any point caused by any number of factors. Get out of the line exiting a corner and your into the be-bees, don't care who you are or what your driving that is gonna upset the vehicle. Can happen to a V8 powered Slingshot or a 2 stoke Moped. I have no first hand knowledge of the even nor is my comment above factual. I just want anyone that has not tracked a vehicle to understand that some days are better than others but even a bad day at the track is better than a good day at work (hope the ones making the very open ended statements understand this!). Tango is a trouper that is putting himself and his money out on the line for all of us to learn from. I commend both him and Alpha for being cutting edge and pushing it to the extreme. This is the only way any of us learn anything, even for other competitors. I work in a very competitive market where someone is always looking to one up you or better you. True grace is being able to admire what others have tried (good or bad) learn from it and do it better without negativity. No one wins in negative promotional type of business practice. This is said to ALL vendors because I have seen it done more than a few times over the past 2 plus years. Not singling one out just using the opportunity to stand on a soap box. Sorry, and I'm done now. angel-squared

Nice Post there RD -Rubbin is racin.... I ran almost all the sessions and it is a really fun track but takes lots of learning. Good example I thought I entered the Carroushe same on each run but some runs I would bottom out and some I didn't. Just my lack of experience.
    But even if I tore the splitter off - I would do it again tomorrow..

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!