Bullet Speed Quad Conversion

• I have liked the looks of the four wheel conversion. The price tag for the other kit is out of reach for me, I need to call Bullet and see the cost of there kit.

I'm not in the market, but if you do, please let us know here. It could change my mind. I do have some reservation about going to 4 wheels though. Technically, I don't think it's a motorcycle at that point and I wonder if enough of them hit the roads if the laws might end up being against them. The definition of a motorcycle is two or three wheels. But I do like this set up by Bullet. It addresses many things. Angle drive, gone. Belt, gone. Swing arm bearing issues, gone. Also, better shocks, better brakes, and one very nice looking set up. I like the look of this one better than any I've seen so far.

• I do believe the Alpha kit runs about $10k installed and the Bullet Speed about $13k including Wilwood inward mounted brakes. Pricing is not exact as it will vary from machine to machine based on the specific setup (track width, exhaust, etc).

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm not a quad fan, but I suspect the look would be completely different if there was still a shark fin on the back. The flat tail with the quad conversion looks really good.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I realize the fabrication and design cost. If they wanted to produce them, it would be less expensive. Unless you have disposable cash, why would you spend 12,000 for the mod. They are saying the 4 wheel conversion is worth more than half the cost of a new sling.
    It's to bad, I would seriously consider it if the cost was around 8,000. The banker already gave me the approval when I thought the price was around 8,000.

• I think the point of the conversion is for those who want a completely different machine. The cost of a clean VIN and entry level power plant is $20k from Polaris than with another $20k you can build your own custom roadster that is street legal and insurable. Keep adding money and you keep getting a more unique machine that continues to be street legal and insurable... There is a small group of folks who are buying the SS for the legal VIN and nothing more.

• I would also ask if any stability controls remain or if it reverts to just a good old pre ABS system.
    Remember reading somewhere that this was still being worked out. For me and that kind of money it would be a deal breaker. Don't get me wrong love the concept and execution. I couldn't begin to think about purchasing it but if I could I would want as much of the current system working.

100% thumbs up on the design :thumbsup:

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

With all due respect there are so few on the road that this has yet to be tested without filing for a kit car title, which would be the only guaranteed path to date ...

..... ninja-squared

In many states still, it's registered as a motorcycle and no inspection on motorcycles. A clean title and VIN go a long way.

• I would also ask if any stability controls remain or if it reverts to just a good old pre ABS system.
    Remember reading somewhere that this was still being worked out. For me and that kind of money it would be a deal breaker. Don't get me wrong love the concept and execution. I couldn't begin to think about purchasing it but if I could I would want as much of the current system working.

100% thumbs up on the design :thumbsup:

Wasn't that the issue for both the V8 & The Quads? No ABS & Traction Control?

• It looks well engineered, but adding that to your SS ....now it doesn't fit the definition of a motorcycle or an auto cycle.... So what do you do? If it's determined to be classified as a car...you have no air bags, no bumpers, no wipers, and other necessary things... Could, I said could make it not street legal ...by definition...