F4 +5 Tinted or Clear

• I assume I will be looking through it. I am only 5'8. Was pondering between plus 3 or 5. Was going to wait to see both in person but have yet to see one so I can not wait anymore. So I figured the plus 5 would be my best guess cause I fear the plus 3 would be in my line of site. I want a new shield for this fall so the time to buy is now.

• I assume I will be looking through it. I am only 5'8. Was pondering between plus 3 or 5. Was going to wait to see both in person but have yet to see one so I can not wait anymore. So I figured the plus 5 would be my best guess cause I fear the plus 3 would be in my line of site. I want a new shield for this fall so the time to buy is now.

I have a F4 tinted 5+ and have had it for over 2 years and have 52,000+ miles on
    it...I'm just shy of 6ft and look thru the shield. Was on Gold Wings for 20 years and always had a tinted Tulsa Shield on the Bike. With both the 3+ and 5+ you will want to add Baker 'Air Wing'

• Ej how is driving at night with the tinted shield, I have heard the tint is a slight tint and not very dark. Also me being 5'8 would a plus 3 be better for me or should I stick with the plus 5?

I drive at all times of day and night and weather and the 5+ tinted is great for me. If you 'look thru' the shield do the 5+. I'm in Indiana and you in PA weather would be similar and the 5+ with the Baker 'Air Wings' will do you well. (and yes I should be a salesman for Don Frank at F4)

• I'm another owner with a +5 tinted F-4 windshield. The tint isn't a dark tint so I don't find it bothersome wearing sunglasses (prescription) and find that at night it cuts glare from cars headlights while wearing my regular glasses. With the sling a low riding machine you do get a lot of full blast light from cars, not to mention trucks.
    My sling is a red 15 year model and I've added a red tinted Baker side wings.

• Thanks for all you advice just pulled trigger on F4 plus 5 tinted. I am going to hold off on baker wings for now.

Put the Baker 'Air Wings' on the list for the first mod of 2018....You WILL want them as the weather warms up next summer. I think you will really like the F4 tinted 5+

• F4 plus 5 tinted installed. Not to sure I am going to like looking through the windshield but only time will tell.

Like any change we make ... takes a little time to get use to. I always had a taller/tinted windshield on my Gold Wings so the change was natural. I love mine. F4 5+ tinted

• This thread motivated me to pull the trigger on the +5 clear version earlier this week when Slingmods was offering 10% off.

It arrived yesterday and I installed in 20 minutes or so. I already had the Baker air wings so I swapped them over to the F4.

I am 6'3". Use to look over the stock wind screen and air turbulence would hit me on top of my head. With a helmet on, my head would bobble around quite a bit and I hope that to be reduced dramatically.

What a difference with the F4

• Quieter in the cabin due to less wind noise in my ear
    • Can hear the music a little better and clearer
    • Very little air hits me on the head. I am hoping this is really noticeable on highway speeds.
    • Definitely looking through the screen now
    • Definitely need the air wings to direct air into the cabin.
    • This might be my cool weather riding wind screen - will need to see if it blocks to much air on a hot day.
    • Yes, with the Welter rear exhaust, I noticed more fumes being directed back into the cabin.
    • The wind screen seems to have less flex / movement than the stock version at higher speeds.

From the first few rides yesterday evening, got to say it is a big difference and I am liking the benefits.

• And I have the F4 +5 tinted with the sharp radius that few like and luv this windshield and want another for backup.
    Just luv the look of this windshield on SS.

I think that the first picture of your build that I have seen "finished" (well maybe finished--do we ever finish) GREAT looking machine....

• I am pleased with my SS but I see things I may do to it next year now that I have Vanderhall to drive now.
    But when SS was my only 3 wheeler and down for a year it was difficult and I needed to throw it back together.
    And I have a frozen shoulder from all the hand sanding for the months on SS so I was just able to get it back on road.
    Funny when you get older and things just do not work like 10 yrs ago..
    But I proud of what I have done and the outcome and driving it is a Lot of fun.. That is what counts!
    The Vanderhall will never be my SS but the shape and the dash and hood when driving it just makes you feel
    like you are driving a 30 something Morgan with todays technology . The stock brakes on Vanderhall are superior to SS
    and wish they were on my SS even with upgrades I have on my SS.
    But with 10" less front wheel front tire separation the handling will never be what SS can do in corners.
    But both units offer a fun ride when you want to be lazy and just cruze VH Automatic is nice to be in.
    Thank you every one for you kind words.

• OK after a few hundred miles with the plus 5 I can say it really makes for a more comfortable ride in cooler weather. The buffeting on my head while wearing a helmet is gone. Also I am glad I purchased the tinted version cause it really cuts down on the effects of on coming headlights that used to blind me. I don't know if the plus 5 will be a permanent fixture but will I definitely be using the plus 5 in spring and fall. Summer months I may re-instal the ripper standard height with baker air-wings.

• OK after a few hundred miles with the plus 5 I can say it really makes for a more comfortable ride in cooler weather. The buffeting on my head while wearing a helmet is gone. Also I am glad I purchased the tinted version cause it really cuts down on the effects of on coming headlights that used to blind me. I don't know if the plus 5 will be a permanent fixture but will I definitely be using the plus 5 in spring and fall. Summer months I may re-instal the ripper standard height with baker air-wings.

Try the Baker 'Air Wings' with the F4 5+ ... I also made some simple wind deflectors that tuck under the hood at the windshield and on the side of the
    "door" area which give me added cold weather riding.