Looking for the stereo gurus in the group

• Ok, who on here considers themselves an audiophile, not only in the technical "I-can-wire-my-own-shit" sense, but also in the "I-know-what's-currently-on-the-market-and-what-components-can-be-paired-up" sense?

I have a few questions, and I'd like to PM you.

Thanks.

• You could also try searching and then pasting links here with the various members who've responded to the various stereo threads...

(Be sure to read that in your own voice :P )

:00008172:

Dink!

:DONKEYSS:

Sorry, just had to since I notice you're the first to do that to others... :00008172::00000450:

• Yes, normally, I am, and if I was just reading threads, then I'd be all about it. Ive already read the threads, though, and need more help than they provide. Since I'm asking people to volunteer to let me harass them with a bunch of questions...is rather have people roger up if they're able to take the time.

So, shall I add you to the list? :P

• What are your requirements?
    Are you looking for a head unit that has NAV and a back up camera? Or would you like a minimalist system that is hidden. You can achieve the same sound from either. Are you willing to give up storage for base or would you like to use 4-6 quality component speakers that can push decent base.
    Your answers can help with input.

Are you looking for a head unit that has NAV and a back up camera? Or would you like a minimalist system that is hidden. You can achieve the same sound from either. Are you willing to give up storage for base or would you like to use 4-6 quality component speakers that can push decent base.

check your PM. :P

So secretive...I may want to know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Not hiding anything.
    In the past with my 2015 I went through the steps of upgrading the speakers in the stock pods, added an amp, replaced the head unit with a Sony single din, installed SSV front and rear pods with RF 6.5 components, and replaced the head unit again with the SSV Bluetooth controller.
    What I have now that I like the most is a Rockford Fosgate head unit connected to a RF 400 4 channel and RF 500 mono. They power the SSV pods and RF speakers plus a Diamond Audio sub. The last step I will be showing soon is when I remove the rear SSV pods and install new speaker panels with Diamond Auto 5.25 speakers in the side panels next to the seat.
    Anyone who is looking to upgrade your system needs to talk to Shawn @SlingTunes. He has created a series of component packages that will allow you to plug and play upgrade from the basic system through a full blown apliphied system that is concert worthy. His speaker enclosures are some of the best quality and fitment I have seen in a Slingshots.
    @Ross can chime in a tell you what he thinks of the system Slingtunes installed at ES this last year in the Badger.

• Not hiding anything.
    In the past with my 2015 I went through the steps of upgrading the speakers in the stock pods, added an amp, replaced the head unit with a Sony single din, installed SSV front and rear pods with RF 6.5 components, and replaced the head unit again with the SSV Bluetooth controller.
    What I have now that I like the most is a Rockford Fosgate head unit connected to a RF 400 4 channel and RF 500 mono. They power the SSV pods and RF speakers plus a Diamond Audio sub. The last step I will be showing soon is when I remove the rear SSV pods and install new speaker panels with Diamond Auto 5.25 speakers in the side panels next to the seat.
    Anyone who is looking to upgrade your system needs to talk to Shawn @SlingTunes. He has created a series of component packages that will allow you to plug and play upgrade from the basic system through a full blown apliphied system that is concert worthy. His speaker enclosures are some of the best quality and fitment I have seen in a Slingshots.
    @Ross can chime in a tell you what he thinks of the system Slingtunes installed at ES this last year in the Badger.

as usual Trent is dead on balls accurate

I tell you what Shawn @SlingTunes knows his stuff. He's been doing audio for years - he didn't hop on the Slingshot band wagon. He owns a Slingshot and he runs what he sells. He stands behind his product with best in class support. He installed a system in the Bader Badger that is awesome - sounds great parked or rumbling paste the pastures of cows in Wisconsin. Shawn is the type of guy that treats you and your ride how he wants to be treat - he saw a problem with my security system connection to the battery and ran to Auto Zone to get the part to make it right. He took the time to listen to us about what we wanted and didn't try to talk into something we didn't want/need. The diamond audio speakers are great - Shawn even took the time to integrate our LED under body lights to the speaker LEDs so we only had to use one controller. The pods behind our head make the music something we now enjoy on the interstate that we couldn't before. I've got a set of wheel rim lights that are getting installed this spring - these things are high quality - not flimsy crap. He's got an antenna that we hope to add this summer. He's even got a forum calendar you can see in a few of his videos