Eureka Springs

• @Painter, she will be excited about the new look!!!
    I just got back from a quick ride to Eureka and back to drop off the banner the city will be hanging out to welcome all of us. They are excited that we are coming!
    Also, only had 4 vehicles to pass on the twisties. Made a 1 hr run each way in 41 minutes and then 38 min. :thumbup: It was great!!! Will be a lot better once I get some good shocks and tires. :D

• Ok @dangerdarrell did you find the patio we are supposed to be at? @Bill Martin said he was good for two rounds but on crutches not to sure. I haven't got cleared to go but I am gonna be there somehow. Sling in tow but haven't sat in it for three weeks. Don't know how many rides can go on but have my garmin ready to record. In other words, I AM ready!!!!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Ok @dangerdarrell did you find the patio we are supposed to be at? @Bill Martin said he was good for two rounds but on crutches not to sure. I haven't got cleared to go but I am gonna be there somehow. Sling in tow but haven't sat in it for three weeks. Don't know how many rides can go on but have my garmin ready to record. In other words, I AM ready!!!!

I drove by it twice but was trying to make the trip in record time. Did better than I expected but not as good as I could have if I had good shocks and some Nittos.

• Sadly, I had to cancel our plans and hotel for Alan's Fantastic event in Eureka Springs. Wild horses wouldn't keep us away, but a Category 5 Hurricane (downgraded all the way to a cat 1) did. While we were fortunate to escape major damage, we did sustain a hit that will require licensed contractors to do the work. As crazy as it sounds, after the 3 Hurricanes that hit Volusia county in 2004, Florida laws were changed to keep unlicensed people from coming into town to grab their share of repair work. It is now a Third degree felony (yes sir, you read that correct) for any unlicensed roofer to do any work on a roof. That's suppose to make sure that repairs are done correctly. All it has really done is create a backlog of customers needing roofs and contractors to cherry-pick the better paying jobs over those just needing a few squares replaced.

Anyway, sorry to stray off the subject. That being said, I really have to be available to deal with insurance company, adjusters and contractors to see that the work gets done in an acceptable manner. Once the roof is covered, it makes it harder to see just what they did. So I want to be here ever step of the way. I couldn't make the initial event in 2015 due to not having a functioning slingshot, but fully enjoyed last year's event (rain included). Alan puts on an excellent show and they have some fantastic rides daily that I will surely miss. But I will be there for the Slingshot event in 2018 for sure. I'm going to miss a LOT of you guys that I can truly call friends as well as meeting others who I'd love to included in that list for 2018.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Florida laws were changed to keep unlicensed people from coming into town to grab their share of repair work. It is now a Third degree felony (yes sir, you read that correct) for any unlicensed roofer to do any work on a roof. That's suppose to make sure that repairs are done correctly. All it has really done is create a backlog of customers needing roofs and contractors to cherry-pick the better paying jobs over those just needing a few squares replaced.

Sorry to hear that. I have to ask, though...how does that work if you wish to do your own work, on your own house?

• I'm not 100% sure, but I'm seeing a lot of homeowners already on the roof doing their own repairs. A building permit is needed, but most homeowners who would be doing their own work probably just buy what's needed at Home depot and say nothing to the city of to their insurance companies. One more "freedom" being taken away from law-abiding people

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• What you will see is a lot of companies using subcontractors from all over the country. They will just work off a contractors Fl license. I know of three alone from our area going down there.

• Well I got some bad news right now. I can no longer get off for Eureka. We are having a special Illinois Athletics Hall of fame event tat I'm required to work. Also have to work the Illinois vs Nebraska football game on the Friday night. I'm disappointed but it's the career I've chosen to provide for my family. Hard to schedule things Aug-May for me! I will just have to see my friends at Maggie Valley!

• It's all good it does suck. I will make it to a Sling rally someday I'm 0 for 2 so far when booking hotels at least this time I remembered to cancel my hotel and I hadn't registered for the event yet either.

• It's all good it does suck. I will make it to a Sling rally someday I'm 0 for 2 so far when booking hotels at least this time I remembered to cancel my hotel and I hadn't registered for the event yet either.

Damn.... was looking forward to hanging with you!

• Painter. Ha! No, he already tried though. I'd like to retire so I could rock n roll every night and party every day but.... ;(

That's what you get for being young ..... still working for a living! But when you "retire" you will have even less time to party and rock & roll! Funny how our "Golden Years" are really Copper!