Tires...what are you running?

• James @ Welcraft wheels 734-779-1303 can give you all the details. I believe it was like $400 plus shipping, but the wheel I sent him wasn't acceptable and we had to go with a new wheel from Polaris. That drove the costs up a LOT. But the lead time is several weeks since they are constantly busy

If your carpet has to match the drapes,
      shouldn't your trailer match your Slingshot?
    • FunCycle wrote:

I just ordered the Riken Raptor ZR for all corners
      Do keep me posted on this one please. I was gifted a set of SL rims with stock tires that were gently used for 7k. Fronts looked near new, rear had about 50%, so I'm good for most of this season. I looked at these, along with the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2. Feedback is much appreciated!
      :REDSS: :HEADERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :COILOVERSS: :MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS:
    • Goats_Hogs wrote:

FunCycle wrote:

I just ordered the Riken Raptor ZR for all corners
      Do keep me posted on this one please. I was gifted a set of SL rims with stock tires that were gently used for 7k. Fronts looked near new, rear had about 50%, so I'm good for most of this season. I looked at these, along with the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2. Feedback is much appreciated!
      I also have a brand new set of tires (Kenda) and rims
    • I just got the Riken Tires off of the UPS truck, man do they look good. The 255/35/20 is a full 9 1/2 inch tread width (what hits the road). The 225/45/18 is 8 inches tread width. I will put the fronts on in a couple of weeks, replacing the BFG Comp 2 Summer after our trip to Little Switzerland next weekend. The 255 is the same tread width as the stock Kenda and softer. The rear will have to wait awhile to wear down the Nexum (tread width is 8 1/2 inch good in the wet but not so good on the dry, that is why I blew the turn in the video that @Storm took.
    • FunCycle wrote:

I just got the Riken Tires off of the UPS truck, man do they look good. The 255/35/20 is a full 9 1/2 inch tread width (what hits the road). The 225/45/18 is 8 inches tread width. I will put the fronts on in a couple of weeks, replacing the BFG Comp 2 Summer after our trip to Little Switzerland next weekend. The 255 is the same tread width as the stock Kenda and softer. The rear will have to wait awhile to wear down the Nexum (tread width is 8 1/2 inch good in the wet but not so good on the dry, that is why I blew the turn in the video that @Storm took.
      Where can I relive that moment? I haven't seen it.
    • New

FunCycle wrote:

I just got the Riken Tires off of the UPS truck, man do they look good. The 255/35/20 is a full 9 1/2 inch tread width (what hits the road). The 225/45/18 is 8 inches tread width. I will put the fronts on in a couple of weeks, replacing the BFG Comp 2 Summer after our trip to Little Switzerland next weekend. The 255 is the same tread width as the stock Kenda and softer.
      Look forward to the after-action report.
      :BLUESS:

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.