Tires...what are you running?

• I have to agree 100%
    Plus the stock base rim is a very good very solid rim.

In fact I am going to change over to the same wheel on all 3 corners once I locate another base rear rim.
    This @Slingrazor dude has much usable knowledge

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I have to agree 100%Plus the stock base rim is a very good very solid rim.

In fact I am going to change over to the same wheel on all 3 corners once I locate another base rear rim.
    This @Slingrazor dude has much usable knowledge

Doing the same. After having the SL wheels on for the last 10 months, I went back to the base wheels...and I forgot that the ride was actually comfortable. Definitely going to do a set of the base rear wheels all the way around.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Running that 295/45R18 on the rear w/o nanny complaints is interesting. I tried a Sumitomo HTR Z III 295/30R18 in an effort to maintain as close to the original tire dimensions as possible. The nanny controls were unaffected. I'm surprised the nanny controls didn't act up with the 295/45R18 tire as that tire is about 12.5% larger in circumference than the 265/35R18 stock tire and should throw the speedometer way off as that tire size works out to around 73 mph at an indicated 65. The larger tire would help to reduce rear tire spin since it would change the effective rear-end ratio and is an interesting solution to the rear tire spin/traction situation.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Running that 295/45R18 on the rear w/o nanny complaints is interesting. I tried a Sumitomo HTR Z III 295/30R18 in an effort to maintain as close to the original tire dimensions as possible. The nanny controls were unaffected. I'm surprised the nanny controls didn't act up with the 295/45R18 tire as that tire is about 12.5% larger in circumference than the 265/35R18 stock tire and should throw the speedometer way off as that tire size works out to around 73 mph at an indicated 65. The larger tire would help to reduce rear tire spin since it would change the effective rear-end ratio, though and is an interesting solution to the rear tire spin/traction situation.

I have the HTC Z III 265 35 18 on the front with the base model rear 18 wheels. With the ECU flashed for the base model all the lights were on. Reflashing to the SL made them go out. Using an online calculator and a GPS I have found the speedo to be off by 3 mph at 60 mph. The turn in from the front tire is amazing, and it will track through a high speed turn with little effort.

• We just installed stock sized BF Goodrich G-Forc Comp 2 A/S tires all the way around. The initial 30 some mile ride home at 70 degrees appeared to show better traction from the stop sign and a slightly softer ride. The true test for us will be when the rainy season gets here with cooler temps and wet roads. Here is a picture comparing the Comp 2 A/S and Kenda take off.

• We just installed stock sized BF Goodrich G-Forc Comp 2 A/S tires all the way around. The initial 30 some mile ride home at 70 degrees appeared to show better traction from the stop sign and a slightly softer ride. The true test for us will be when the rainy season gets here with cooler temps and wet roads. Here is a picture comparing the Comp 2 A/S and Kenda take off.

I found those to be very stable in the rain and colder weather. I have 12,000 or so on them now.

• Sounds just like the Cat's meow of what we are looking for.
    We did a couple hundred mile round robin today including interstate, two
    lane and single lane mountain roads where we are really pleased so far
    with these tires. Temps ranged from high 30's to high 60's. They
    definitely grab the road better where with the Kendas it was very easy
    getting it to break loose, (even frustrating at times), and today it
    only broke loose when I intentionally meant it to do so. The ride is
    very smooth and noticeably more comfortable, we didn't feel every pebble
    or pine cone and it is holding the road more consistently. The ride
    has been so improved where we were starting to think about upgrading the
    shocks there appears to be little advantage now. I can hardly wait for
    it to start raining!!

Oh, an added note, even though it has been handling fine, in looking closely at the takeoffs, the left front tire was showing a bit more wear on the outside so it looks like a road trip up to Eugene Oregon, (150 miles), is in the future. We have discovered that you just cannot take this tricycle to just any ol alignment shop!

Bill

• Question how low are you letting your rear tire get before you replace it, mine is currently at 5/32 edges and 7/32 in the center and I am noticing more wheel spin when doing hard 2nd gears but it is also getting cold(40-55 F) so wondering if the extra wheel spin is due to it being cold rather than the tire tread depth.

the sling will probably be getting put away in 2 or three weeks once we get snow, so I am wondering if I can just safely ride it out for the remainder of the season and change it at my leisure during winter or whether i need to bite the bullet and do it now.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• 2/32” tread depth is the convention for minimum tire tread depth so I’d say ride it out & change it over the winter months.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Question how low are you letting your rear tire get before you replace it, mine is currently at 5/32 edges and 7/32 in the center and I am noticing more wheel spin when doing hard 2nd gears but it is also getting cold(40-55 F) so wondering if the extra wheel spin is due to it being cold rather than the tire tread depth.

the sling will probably be getting put away in 2 or three weeks once we get snow, so I am wondering if I can just safely ride it out for the remainder of the season and change it at my leisure during winter or whether i need to bite the bullet and do it now.

Even with full tread mine will spin all the way into 4 th gear on old airport pavement

• Getting ready to get new tires but torn between the NITTO 555 G2s or the BFG G-force comp 2 A/S. Can anyone justify which one I should go with?

I've had both and the BFG has WAY better traction and is just as quiet on the road and does not squeal as much when it spins. I'm comparing the stock size (255). The 555 seems to have less tread on the road in comparison to the BFG, which may explain some things (maybe go wider than stock).

• Getting ready to get new tires but torn between the NITTO 555 G2s or the BFG G-force comp 2 A/S. Can anyone justify which one I should go with?

I have had the BFG Comp A/S and the summer with no problems with either, other than reduced mileage on both. I spin the tire very little but only got like 12,000 miles out of the A/S and it looks like about the same out of the summer Comp 2. My choice is the General AS-03