Tires...what are you running?

• I'm looking at this for a rear possible 305 replacement.

$160.92 - Lexani LX-Twenty 305/30ZR-20 tires | Buy Lexani LX-Twenty tires at SimpleTire

Thanks for posting!

I just ordered one of these to keep in the trailer for a spare. 20" tires in that size aren't always easy to find in stock. At that price I couldn't see how you could go wrong. Now all I need is a stock spare rear wheel

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Just put on some Michelin Super Sport 4S on my 2015 SL. I went with a 235-45-18 on front and OEM size of 255-35-20 on the rear as I have an Assault fender. The tires are absolutely phenominal and are the top tire in Michelins Ultra High Performance tire-Summer. They stick like glue and offer a 30,000 mile warranty but without rotation only warranty 15,000 which is still good for a Ultra High Performance tire. This tire has great ratings and well worth the cost in my estimation. It is an asymetrical tire but looks very close to symetrical. Purchased at Discount tire with 10% military discount. Tire is quiet, responsive, looks good, and confident will stick in wet weather conditions. Cost is expensive but in my estimation, best summer high performance tire on the market.

• Recently come into posession of a BFG G-force Sport comp-2 in 255/35/20. I seem to recall reading somewhere on this forum (but can't find it) that they've gone out of production, which makes sense because I can't find them online.

So, I have one, and need another, or I need 2 stock Kendas in the same size as the BFG. Anyone have a spare Sport comp-2 laying around?

• Recently come into posession of a BFG G-force Sport comp-2 in 255/35/20. I seem to recall reading somewhere on this forum (but can't find it) that they've gone out of production, which makes sense because I can't find them online.

So, I have one, and need another, or I need 2 stock Kendas in the same size as the BFG. Anyone have a spare Sport comp-2 laying around?

That is the tire I talk so much trash about, the stock Kenda to me has more traction that the Comp-2 and I have had both of them. The only tire that I know of is the General G-Max AS-03 that has been discontinued. The new tire from General is the G-Max RS if they ever get it out to the public.

• That is the tire I talk so much trash about, the stock Kenda to me has more traction that the Comp-2 and I have had both of them. The only tire that I know of is the General G-Max AS-03 that has been discontinued. The new tire from General is the G-Max RS if they ever get it out to the public.

Ok, maybe I'm misremembering which one got discontinued. Apparently my Google-fu isn't working, because the only Sport Comp-2 I've found is the 16"

I have 2 of the stock 20" wheels, and I'm going to try them on the front and see how I like them. Obviously, I need two of the same tire. One wheel has a nearly-slicked stock Kenda, which was my old rear, and then I have the other wheel with that nearly-new BFG on it. I understand you didn't like it as a rear...how do you think it would do on the front?

• Don't know how good they are, but Achilles offers that size in their ATR Sport tire (ATR SPORT UTQG 400-AA-A ) in 255/35R20, a relatively inexpensive tire for its specs. Unfortunately, they don't offer that size in their newer ATR Sport 2.
    I just ordered an Achilles Sport tire in 275/35R18 (Amazon $77, but a little more expensive now), as a spare and am looking for a 10.5 - 11" wide 18" wheel to maybe try the ATR Sport 2 in a 305/30R18 (about $150 online).

• Ok, maybe I'm misremembering which one got discontinued. Apparently my Google-fu isn't working, because the only Sport Comp-2 I've found is the 16"
    I have 2 of the stock 20" wheels, and I'm going to try them on the front and see how I like them. Obviously, I need two of the same tire. One wheel has a nearly-slicked stock Kenda, which was my old rear, and then I have the other wheel with that nearly-new BFG on it. I understand you didn't like it as a rear...how do you think it would do on the front?

I have the Sport Comp-2 on the front, they got kind of chewed up on the track day, they are still on the front. @MACAWS swears by them how good they are, but then :00000019: In the sport Comp-2 tire you have two different tires 1- the A/S alll season 2- you have the summer tire both were available in the 255-35-20

• I have one place close to the house that I can compare wet and dry traction. Out of the five back tires the General AS-03 is # one, with the Kenda as # two, the new Nexen p-7000 (Brand new with not many miles on it) as # 3, and the two BFG's as #'s 4 and 5

• I have the Sport Comp-2 on the front, they got kind of chewed up on the track day, they are still on the front. @MACAWS swears by them how good they are, but then :00000019: In the sport Comp-2 tire you have two different tires 1- the A/S alll season 2- you have the summer tire both were available in the 255-35-20

No kidding. I just went out and looked, and it didn't say A/S that I saw, so I'm assuming the summer tire.

• I have one place close to the house that I can compare wet and dry traction. Out of the five back tires the General AS-03 is # one, with the Kenda as # two, the new Nexen p-7000 (Brand new with not many miles on it) as # 3, and the two BFG's as #'s 4 and 5

Huh. That's some good info there. Thanks.

• I would not even take the Comp-2 Summer to the track. I put the new spare Kenda on the back and it stuck when hot on the track

i made that mistake of going with the comp-2 because the max as-03 and i hate them they don't stick for shit on the roads near me so i was debating on just running a kenda for maggie

• I'm at the place where I need to be seriously thinking about tires. I thought about replacing all three before Maggie, but regardless will need them after. Anyone running Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2? Tread and specs look to be decent for a performance tire but not a track tire. Tread should help wick the water also.

• I'm at the place where I need to be seriously thinking about tires. I thought about replacing all three before Maggie, but regardless will need them after. Anyone running Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2? Tread and specs look to be decent for a performance tire but not a track tire. Tread should help wick the water also.

I'm now running Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's all the way around and I love them. I can't get these tires to give up!!! I haven't had them in the wet yet but they are very highly rated. $125 thru tirebuyer.com and shipping to and installer is free. They are a copy of a Bridgestone tire sold in Europe and are an ultra high performance summer tire.
    Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 | TireBuyer Check these out Brent.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

Check these out and see what you think.

$160.92 - Lexani LX-Twenty 305/30ZR-20 tires | Buy Lexani LX-Twenty tires at SimpleTire

OOPS...not sure your looking for 305.

• Check these out and see what you think.

OOPS...not sure your looking for 305.

I have one of those that I run as a spare when I am not running my factory wheel. I actually think it grips better than the Toyo T1R that I just mounted on the factory wheel. Granted I like the looks of the T1R better and as far as which one makes the most noise it's about a tie. Would be nice to find a tire with some good grip that don't howl like a wolf in heat!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I am partial to the nitto tires. I run them on all 3 of my vehicles. They are exceptionally constructed and some of the best balancing tires I have ever seen. We routinely see tires that require next to no weight in order to get them balanced.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

I loved that tire on another vehicle, but was disappointed when I found out that it didn't come in a 345/25/20. That would have been my tire of choice vs the Toyo T1R that I ended up using. It was either that Toyo or the Michelin Pilot in that size

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE