horn connecter

• just installed it. wow what a sound difference!!

just a word of caution to others, after installing it, make sure you check for clearance between hood but also check for clearance between the level to open the hood.
    for me both played an issue and thankfully i had to tools to fix it asap. I also adjusted the latch so now it opens even better then before :) pics and video to follow

pic of the setup and video of install.
    I didn't install the relay, did you guys?

• Reviving this thread.

I'm trying to install these horns now, and I have them mounted on a bracket that will hang down in front of the grill.

The horns came with a connector plug. slingmods' video says to simple unplug the stock horn plug and plug this new one right in.

ha.

I can't find the horn plug anywhere.

2017 SLR

Anyone know where it is? I looked everywhere and unplugged re replugged 4 plugs... none were it...

The horn wire goes into a sheath and that's the last I can see of where it goes.......

• Here's pictures of my horn area. So where is it??

Do you know the amperage of you horn, I'm asking because my new horn had to be fused with 30 amp. If so you have to run a cable from the battery fused and add a relay. If you need help I can write up something.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Here's pictures of my horn area. So where is it??

It’s the plug that’s attached to the horn. I have a 17 and had the Same problem until it dawned on me. I found it easier to remove the old horn to get the cable off.

Also, I found the bolts were too long to slide back in between the SS frame / and the horn assembly. I ended up ordering shorter bolts.

• It’s the plug that’s attached to the horn. I have a 17 and had the Same problem until it dawned on me. I found it easier to remove the old horn to get the cable off.
    Also, I found the bolts were too long to slide back in between the SS frame / and the horn assembly. I ended up ordering shorter bolts.

It’s the plug that’s attached to the horn. I have a 17 and had the Same problem until it dawned on me. I found it easier to remove the old horn to get the cable off.

Ahh, I'll bet you were the one who wrote the review on slingmods.com about this horn. I read it today and was trying to figure out what you figured out.

I genuinely like slingmods.com, great crew. But about half of their videos make it appear MUCH easier than it really is. The video for this horn is put bracket together, attach horns to bracket, unplug stock horn and plug new horn into same plug, mount, and you are done.

Not.....

Anyway, the plug you mention doesn't look anything like the plug that I received with the new horn/the plus in the slingmods.com video. That's why I moved on to looking elsewhere.

I'm going to do a dry run this week regarding the bolts since you mention a problem with them.

Nothing is as easy as it seems! Thanks much for the info!

• that probably is my review! If you need shorter bolts, you'll need M6 x 1.0 x 12m hex flange bolts. I couldn't find it locally and ordered them from albanycountyfasteners.com. Shipping costs more than the bolts!

I'm not the handiest of people but the videos do make it seem easier or some of the items are not packaged as well as they should.For example, the optima battery kit, I had to grind open the battery terminals to fit onto the battery. In retrospect, it would have been easier to go to the store and buy bigger terminals. What was a 45 minute install turned into 2-3 hours.

It's a labor of love for sure.