Ride Command install on 2015-17 slingshots done!

• @SaltyClownNY I have a 2018 with the ride command already so I am a bit confused. You tagged me. Are you thinking I want a harness?

I don’t, but I know a guy who is interested

Have another guy in the same boat, but I'm doing harness that sits between the RC harness and the amp that splits the wires and provides RCA and power-on connectors. Just provides a cleaner way to add other amps.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• OK, so have Ride Command installed and doing just fine. Still working on a way to split the signal so you can hook up additional amps. The hookup for the wiring harness is highly dependent on the wiring harness your sling has and HOW you want to install the unit (using Polaris's amp or your own).

something like this could help you

LC6i - AudioControl

• something like this could help you
    LC6i - AudioControl

Interesting. Thanks! I actually went with a much simpler way. I'm working on a youtube video later this next week that will show how easy it is to put the plug-and-play adapters into the sling. Figured a video is better than a piece of paper directions.

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• I am waiting to find one so you can install it my friend! Snowfishing in my future!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Interesting. Thanks! I actually went with a much simpler way. I'm working on a youtube video later this next week that will show how easy it is to put the plug-and-play adapters into the sling. Figured a video is better than a piece of paper directions.

Awesome, goodluck with your video.

• Trying to get some orders finished up. I will post a video how to extend the Ride Command wires very easily. put your amp under the passenger seat or in the tail. Have a shorty if you want to keep it in the dash too.

• Interesting... I have identified either a bug in Ride Command (or maybe it's just my unit). Has anyone had an issue where the amplifier cuts out on you? In other words, on the interface, the music is still playing and shows that it's counting up the length of play, but the amp just stops playing the music and you have to actually cut the power to it (turn the sling off and back on) to get it to work again? This is NOT an issue with any harness. MAY be an issue with backwards compatibility with older years but I'm looking into a fix. I have however narrowed down on what is causing it as it's one of the options within ride command. VERY interesting. Would like to hear from anyone that has had this happen... anyone?

• My 18' factory ride command will occasionally stop playing a song but it is usually at the end of it and then it doesn't go on to the next song. You can't select another song until you turn off the shuffle. Once the shuffle is off you can then select the next song and turn the shuffle back on and continue to enjoy your music.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• it seems to be an issue in all polaris vehicles my 16 Sl does it and a RZR I just picked up does it too, it just cuts off for a second no need to restart the vehicle in my case.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• For as much as I paid, I'm a little pissy about my issue. For so far, I tracked it down to the auto volume within Ride Command. If I have it enable, the amp just cuts off and it won't reset until I restart. If I disable the auto volume, problem goes away.

• I have not experienced this yet, or just did not realize it. I will watch for it from now on.

On a different note. At MV I made a strong suggestion that Polaris look into tire pressure monitoring for the SS with Ride Command. Joey the rep seemed very interested. I told her it woudl be a Win Win since all of us want it and it was fairly simple for polaris to do since it already does it for other machines.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I have not experienced this yet, or just did not realize it. I will watch for it from now on.

On a different note. At MV I made a strong suggestion that Polaris look into tire pressure monitoring for the SS with Ride Command. Joey the rep seemed very interested. I told her it woudl be a Win Win since all of us want it and it was fairly simple for polaris to do since it already does it for other machines.

maybe they'll add it to the 2019s with a check engine code for when it's less than 32psi LOL

It would be awesome if they did that. Would be VERY inexpensive for them to pull it off as they wouldn't have to change a god damn thing about their packaging as it already says it doe it! doubtful-squared

• I hate auto volume...if I had ride command it would never affect me as I would never activate it!
    SSREAPER

Obviously your sling is a little quieter than ours. Having the volume turn it's self up as the speed goes up works well for us. Then again we are still using the factory stereo speakers. We will likely stay with them because we use the headsets for the longer rides and we are satisfied with the audio quality they provide.

@rabtech on the other hand has an AFTER MARKET system in his SS. You can ride down the road behind him and listen to his music!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868