Ride Command install on 2015-17 slingshots done!

• OK, so have Ride Command installed and doing just fine. Still working on a way to split the signal so you can hook up additional amps. The hookup for the wiring harness is highly dependent on the wiring harness your sling has and HOW you want to install the unit (using Polaris's amp or your own).

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• LOL... found the diagram. They couldn't call it Ride Command or Radio, they had to call it " 7",ENOV " LOL. So back to work! This thing is turning into a personal challenge of sorts LOL.

So good news is that this has "PreAmp out" lines, so I'm assuming we can go directly to the amp at line levels.

Hey Salty, would you be willing to share this diagram?

• OK, so have Ride Command installed and doing just fine. Still working on a way to split the signal so you can hook up additional amps. The hookup for the wiring harness is highly dependent on the wiring harness your sling has and HOW you want to install the unit (using Polaris's amp or your own).

O', almost forgot to make sure everyone knew this... Ride Command IS NOT backwards compatible to the stock amplifier. If you don't have Ride Command and want it, you have to have a way to convert the wiring harness (or cut into it) or buy another newer amp that is compatible with Ride Command. It does not use the same amp as the stock system.

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• HA! Hallelujah! Have all the connectors to make this an "official" wiring harness without cutting into anything! Hooking crap up this weekend and be done with this. I'll be using a male/female setup to plug into the 8 pin ECU Sling harness just like the 2015-2017 audio harness dose so you don't have to screw anything up. Wanted a plug and play kind of setup.

• Who knows. I have the pieces if someone wants. Alpha offered a harness for $100 and I would have paid that in a second not to go and do all of this, but it's done and I learned something, so all good. The one thing that would be really nice is a wiring harness that allows plug and play to use your own amps as the 100w x2 amplifier that it has is NOT worth $500. I only paid $200 and it's probably not worth that either. But I have it figured out if folks want it. I do think I know more about Ride Command now than even the Polaris reps and support people... which I'm not really happy about sad-squared

• Who knows. I have the pieces if someone wants. Alpha offered a harness for $100 and I would have paid that in a second not to go and do all of this, but it's done and I learned something, so all good. The one thing that would be really nice is a wiring harness that allows plug and play to use your own amps as the 100w x2 amplifier that it has is NOT worth $500. I only paid $200 and it's probably not worth that either. But I have it figured out if folks want it. I do think I know more about Ride Command now than even the Polaris reps and support people... which I'm not really happy about sad-squared

One of the things they found out is that there was no market for it since no one wanted to pony up $3000 for a head unit, if polaris were to cut that price to lets say $1k(w Nav included) then it could compete with aftermarket units.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Why can't you add your own amp?

• Why can't you add your own amp?

You can do anything you want with it, but I wanted to use the factory wiring harness. Wasn't going to buy something that expensive and then hack it up. Not everyone is crazy enough to spend the money in the first place. I liked it as it gives me an interface into the factory ECU, it's waterproof, and it's actually VERY bright when on full brightness. Think you can get it for about 2K.

• yeah, it's not hard when it comes down to it, but I refuse to cut the test harness and want to do it using the supplied harness. Should also have a full stock stereo now to either sell or put in a base model system. Wife keeps bugging me to get one for her because I won't let her drive "mine" LOL.

• Sorry guys. I don't get on this forum much anymore. Just read the whole thread. Yes we had Ride Command working last fall in our '16 turbo. Everything works well. Harness is plug-n-play and is customized to the setup you would be running. I can build them on a per-need basis because of this. Cost would start at $125 and go up from there. Feel free to PM about it if you have questions or would like us to do an install for you.

Ride Command. Is it worth it? It IS a lot of $$. I get it. But for those of us that have a lot of $$ in mods on our existing machines it wouldn't make sense to loose the value of those things on resale or trade just to get an '18 with Ride Command.
    If you have little to no mods done then it might be worth getting a new Sling (warranty, no miles, all the little upgrades, etc.). I know people that have spent $4k on rims...so each of us decides what is worth spending our $$ on and not.
    It works well, the screen is awesome, the back up screen is WAY better, the diagnostic stuff is nice, etc. Not for everybody but it's an option.

Pic of the one we finished up yesterday.

-Scott

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• Thanks! Too late though LOL. I had fun doing it, but have the harness ready to go. Even got the adapter for the amp today. Do appreciate the info though and looking forward to using it. I've had it hooked up with alligator clips for a few weeks rocking out int he garage installing the new sway bar, wheels and Welter exhaust. Just need the turbo if that ever comes in. :00000436:

• OK, so I have two harnesses( @SlingRider ?). I have an official wiring hookup for ride command with both male and female for hooking into the ECU and power for RideCommand. I just posted I can do it for $43 + $5 shipping. The other is the more hardware intensive one that can be configured to get the price down. I have a converter that hooks either into or between the amp plug that can either act as the hookup for your amplifier or it can be used as an adapter where you can use the ride command amp PLUS hookup additional amplifiers to it. This one comes with the plugs, and up to 4 sets of go gold plated RCA jacks and power on for the amp. Depending on how you want it configured, may run as high at $112. All depends on what you want it to do.