Ride Command install on 2015-17 slingshots done!

• If it's resistive (I think that's the term), then would work fine...
    There are gloves that work with capacitive screens too though... :thumbsup:

Yes, familiar with capacitive capable gloves but most of them aren’t good for cold riding.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I really like the ride command system. I used the GPS it is OK, but the info is awesome and the stereo is great!! All I. All a vast improvement. Touch screen is a super feature as well

@SlingRider... I see the ride command can monitor tire pressure. I see no documentation on the unit so far, but do you know if that is using a specific system? Will it pick up on TPMS systems used internal to the tire or does it have to use some $500 system from Polaris? Thanks!

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Yeah, but I'm bald, fat, and lazy... maybe not in that order. The tire pressure is just one nice thing it offers, I just want to know what kind of sensors it connects with. The huge reason why I am even looking at it is the integration with the computer and getting codes off the machine without taking it to the dealer and the fact that it's waterproof. Can't see spending all that money for something that isn't water proof and then having issues. Much rather spend twice the price and be done with it. Tire pressure is just another nicety.

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• I have not seen anywhere where it monitors tire pressure. Let me check the manual

Says on their web site: "Advanced Vehicle Data: Monitor individual tire pressure, fuel range, miles to your next oil change, current altitude, average fuel economy, heading, Bluetooth® status, and much more"

• Had a check engine light come on and then back off. Had to take the trike in for a leaky tire so asked them to check the codes. Had 4-5 different codes and the dealer had no clue what they were for. Just cleared them and shook his head saying "There's just way to many sensors on this thing"... LOL. Just as long as they pass the state inspection and it's running well.... I guess. But this is one of the reasons I want to be able to see what the errors are myself.

• Excellent! Surprised to see Polaris thinking for once & using the correct screen type - almost expected a capacitive touch screen.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• how are you able to read the ecu for the new ride command unit?
    I thought ss didnt have a OBD2 port for us to run an adapter?

Is the harness connecting to somewhere on the ecu?
    Really interested on that and how engine temp/voltage/mpg/other ecu related items are being read without the obd2 port (unless i'm way off and need a drink)

• OK... so have to see how this goes. ONLY took 5 months from ordering it to have it come in. Been what I've been waiting for to put my dash back together. Wish me luck! Hope to hell I didn't just piss away all this money.

• OK... so have to see how this goes. ONLY took 5 months from ordering it to have it come in. Been what I've been waiting for to put my dash back together. Wish me luck! Hope to hell I didn't just piss away all this money.

Good luck. I’ll be watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter