Ride Command install on 2015-17 slingshots done!

• Definitely have to create a craiglist search and an ebay search to keep an eye for when they pop up from crashed SS or from people that get something else.

Anyways great job guys on the harness.

When slings first came out and people started to upgrade the SL stereo stock units started to pop up fast and for good prices.

• I didn't take it as a negative comment at all. I myself feel it is expensive as well especially if you add in the navi

While we all agree it is expensive it is the only one that work under the sun(that i know of).

Has anyone found an aftermarket radio that is visible under full sunlight?

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• While we all agree it is expensive it is the only one that work under the sun(that i know of).
    Has anyone found an aftermarket radio that is visible under full sunlight?

The JL Audio Media Master 100 is the best I have seen for sound quality and full sunlight. Sunlight has no effect on being able to clearly see the screen. @Bill Martin was the one who talked me into buying one. Price is a little steep at $500, but IMO is worth every penny.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• @Drew71646, unfortunately you can't compare the JL since it is just a basic radio so it would be an apples to oranges type of comparison but i guess I was not clear with my question.

What I was asking was if anyone has found an aftermarket radio with Nav(*) built in that can be seen while the vehicle is in use?

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I have one issue with navigation systems that are built into vehicles and that is the fact that the maps that come loaded get out of date and inaccurate and then the dealer always wants charge more $$ to update the maps to keep them current. Even in my car that has navigation I dont use it I just use my iPhone phone along with my Apple watch - believe it or not the watch really helps because it gives you a vibration on the wrist when you should turn which is great if for some reason you are distracted

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• @Drew71646, unfortunately you can't compare the JL since it is just a basic radio so it would be an apples to oranges type of comparison but i guess I was not clear with my question.

What I was asking was if anyone has found an aftermarket radio with Nav(*) built in that can be seen while the vehicle is in use?

That new double din kit that changes the angle could be a game... Changer... 8|

Especially if paired with a visor...

• OK, so what's the consensus then? We all agree that the darn thing is expensive. The plus side is that it's waterproof and the fact that it gives you information about the sensors on the trike. Anything else I'm missing? The sensor readings are a HUGE plus with me. Is waterproof and sensor readings worth the money though...? Just not sure if spending $500 + on a double DIN system is the end all be all either. I do agree that Nav is best left to my phone as the maps are always up to date and with the way Google maps is building in the accident and traffic delays is awesome which you won't get from a NAV system that doesn't have cell connectivity. Anything else coming from the unit? I understand better FM signal... cool, but I use my phone for 95% of my music as I'm tired of listening to radio commercials and obnoxious used car sales people. I take it that it comes with a new head unit, and a new stereo too. Does it have the amp built in or do you need an amp? Does it separate Rear and Front speaker with sub? Anyone know?

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• I really like the ride command system. I used the GPS it is OK, but the info is awesome and the stereo is great!! All I. All a vast improvement. Touch screen is a super feature as well

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...