Intake manifold

• I'm curious to what the 90 degree small port does on the top of the intake manifold. The port has the hose attached to it and then is connected to a sensor at the rear of the cam/valve cover.
    I broke it off so I repaired it by inserting a brass splice 1" long and JB weld. Drove it a couple times. Seems to run the same. The diameter is a bit smaller now. I don't think it can be replaced. Looks like it is molded as one piece with the intake. I will be purchasing a new ported intake from RistRocket Racing. Anyone installed one?

• Are you talking about the EVAP hose? It goes from the front of the intake manifold to the EVAP canister on the rear of the cam cover. If so you shouldn't have a problem with your repair as long as it's leak free. The Evaporative Emission Control System (EVAP) is used to prevent gasoline vapors from escaping into the atmosphere from the fuel tank and fuel system. The EVAP system usually requires no maintenance.

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• Sorry I have been gone for 9 days (Vacation). Sorry if I am late on this... But the part I think your talking about is / was used for the Pontiac Solstice and did nothing for our SS.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I use that tube to go to my blow off valve.

The EVAP sensor is connected to the ecu to prevent check engine codes I assume, but its not actually connected to the fuel system.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• So I changed the factory intake to the Rist Rocket Racing factory intake except it is polished
    (Ground & Sanded). Haven't tried it yet because I sent the ECU to Bob Radke for his program tune. Should have a little more zip!

That looks INCREDIBLE! NICE job brother!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• So I changed the factory intake to the Rist Rocket Racing factory intake except it is polished
    (Ground & Sanded). Haven't tried it yet because I sent the ECU to Bob Radke for his program tune. Should have a little more zip!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts about performance with the RRR intake and ECU work.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• Look forward to hearing your thoughts about performance with the RRR intake and ECU work.

Irobbi, thanks! So I posted a few minutes ago on what did you do to your slingshot today.
    I went on a short chilly ride tonight but wasn't impressed. I have to say all the stories I read about revs and stuff. My EcoTec always seemed to run good. I could tell the difference with the Alpha CAI and exhaust, however, the polished intake was not money well spent.
    The new program, well that too no $400 worth. I'll have to drive it some more.

• It is very important to drive the machine for 20-50 miles so that the ECM can clear the old values that were stored previously. With the new tune and your driving, it will re-write and correct certain portions.

This is why some people aren't impressed right away or may hear odd exhaust popping sounds. Put some miles on it and report back after the above has taken place.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• I'll have to actually add to this just a little. I would say you will probably start to notice a difference after several different run sessions. I freaking hate to pull the battery off my SS because it makes that much of a difference in the way my SS runs. Once my SS has been started and run a few times its like night and day different. I can't say for sure this is going to be your issue but it is for me.

• I'll have to actually add to this just a little. I would say you will probably start to notice a difference after several different run sessions. I freaking hate to pull the battery off my SS because it makes that much of a difference in the way my SS runs. Once my SS has been started and run a few times its like night and day different. I can't say for sure this is going to be your issue but it is for me.

Sounds like the machines have a mind of their own. Thanks for the info!

• Irobbi, thanks! So I posted a few minutes ago on what did you do to your slingshot today.I went on a short chilly ride tonight but wasn't impressed. I have to say all the stories I read about revs and stuff. My EcoTec always seemed to run good. I could tell the difference with the Alpha CAI and exhaust, however, the polished intake was not money well spent.
    The new program, well that too no $400 worth. I'll have to drive it some more.

Darn, sorry you did feel the difference. After kicking out that amount we all really like to get our moneys worth with each mod. I felt the difference after or less than 30 miles. My better half hated she lost the popping exhaust sound...and then after 60miles....it RETURNED and throttle response felt even better. My girlfriends smile was back on her face - :)

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,