Front tires - Potenza RE-71R 245 35 20

• Has anyone tried running these tires for front yet? If so what do yall think of them?

Bridgestone - Potenza RE-71R 245 35 20

FYI image is a stock image photo that is a different size. Not the size I'm considering.

Opinions please.

Slingshot LIFE!!! #SlingshotHouston Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube

Edited 2 times, last by QuickSilverSS ().

• They seam to have a great rating.

Bridgestone Potenza RE 71R | Bridgestone Tires

Here is what the Bridgestone site says about them.

PERFORMANCE SUMMER
    Not for the casual driver, the Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R is engineered with technology inspired by racing. Designed for maximum grip under braking and cornering conditions the Potenza RE-71R responds to your driving in wet or dry conditions. So whether you’re on the road or on the track, the Potenza RE-71R will give you the extra advantage you need to win.

Slingshot LIFE!!! #SlingshotHouston Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube

• Currently using RE-71R's on the fronts on a base model -- stock size. I chose to stay with the stock size as I was trying to minimize unsprung weight. Using very light Enkei RPF1 wheels and top-hat brake rotors, I removed over 10lbs from each front wheel. Handles great. Floats over bumps, doesn't get upset when cornering hard on rough roads. These tires have great grip without any need to warm them up. Like other soft rubber tires, these tend to toss rocks and gravel. I managed to remove almost 20 lbs from the rear wheel, which really got rid of a lot of the clunkyness from the rear. The RPF1 model wheel will not clear the brakes on the rear -- had to use an Enkei PF01 (slightly heavier). I got rid of over 7 lbs from the rear wheel assembly by replacing the heavy cast iron drive sprocket with an alloy one. Currently running a Mickey Thompson Sportsman tire on the rear, but will be switching it out to a wider Mickey Thompson DOT drag tire. Just can't get enough grip in the rear...

• Currently using RE-71R's on the fronts on a base model -- stock size. I chose to stay with the stock size as I was trying to minimize unsprung weight. Using very light Enkei RPF1 wheels and top-hat brake rotors, I removed over 10lbs from each front wheel. Handles great. Floats over bumps, doesn't get upset when cornering hard on rough roads. These tires have great grip without any need to warm them up. Like other soft rubber tires, these tend to toss rocks and gravel. I managed to remove almost 20 lbs from the rear wheel, which really got rid of a lot of the clunkyness from the rear. The RPF1 model wheel will not clear the brakes on the rear -- had to use an Enkei PF01 (slightly heavier). I got rid of over 7 lbs from the rear wheel assembly by replacing the heavy cast iron drive sprocket with an alloy one. Currently running a Mickey Thompson Sportsman tire on the rear, but will be switching it out to a wider Mickey Thompson DOT drag tire. Just can't get enough grip in the rear...

Nice! Glad to hear a good tire experience! I ordered for my 20" x 9" wheels a 245/35R20 so I hope to update in a week when they arrive.

Here is the MT ET street SS I just put on, very similar tread pattern, so I think it will look good.

• Thanks. I'm looking forward to getting installed on my sling. I been waiting very very paitently for @Jeff@DDMWorks and @Dave@DDMWorks to finish my sling. I am kinda in the dark as to when it will be done. They were planning to call me today. But I am still waiting for the update seeing how this past weekends date changed.