FIRST VENDOR TO OFFER TOW DOLLIES

• Please watch our site in the next few days for finalized pricing on our new tow dolly kits. These dollies are built for completely knocking down for shipping and /or storage , all welding , drilling and bolting is completed by us then knocked down for shipping to keep consumer costs at a minimum.

After conferring with forum members, @scootertrash (many thanks) and @BKL who provided us with a detailed pdf showing all dolly designs known to date, We have combined ideas with our wheelifting experience to date, over 4000 miles, and determined as well as being able to swivel a good dolly design must keep the font spoiler as high off the ground and as close to factory heights as possible , to prevent potential damages, therefore our design unlike others, places the spreader bar on a 45 degree angle, behind the cradle tray , verses under it, allowing us to keep the tire cradle as low to the ground as possible, thereby keeping the front spoiler as high as possible. Only with our robust cradle design with 45 degree leading edges, suspended from an additional cross member, and placed right over the dolly tire centreline can we be confident that, as long as there is air in the tires, that cradle is never going to touch the ground ! And if it did, over steep rollover curbs in parking lots etc the cradle is constructed robust enough to simply skid that rear cradle tray with the additional cross member, and 45 degree construction throughout which greatly reduces impact loads over vertical post designs.
    While shipping cost across the lower 48 WILL BE included in price the crate already measures 80 x 12 x 24 inches and weighs just under the maximum for courier services, therefore tires and rims are not included in kit as they would greatly increase crate size and cost of shipping. Another benefit to the consumer is U.S online tire sites such as ww trailer tires.com will sell and ship at a great savings verses us paying the much higher Canadain prices and then adding shipping. tires shown are 185 75R 13 to keep front spoiler as high as possible, however another option is 205 75R 14 which will raise the cradle height 1 inch but will lower the front spoiler one third of that inch. All safety chains ,tire straps, hubs and axles, hitch coupler,and loading ramp, as well as a recommended, for peace of mind, additional 4 inch strap that can be placed through the rim securing the Sling to the structural cross member, will be included in kit.

loading ramp, as well as a recommended, for peace of mind, additional 4 inch strap that can be placed through the rim securing the Sling to the structural cross member, will be included in kit.

• Something to think about with this tow dolly. If you have rain shedding tires, like come stock on the SS, and are going to pull in the rain, you'll want to switch the fronts left to right for the tow. Otherwise, the tread design will suck more water in, and hydroplaning around a corner or beside parallel parked cars could be a serious issue. Not to mention high speeds, like interstate driving.

• Valid points to consider. Don't know when this item will be coming to market, but I will be in the area in October. Hope to get with Kevin to do a little "hands-on" with his new design.

• Something to think about with this tow dolly. If you have rain shedding tires, like come stock on the SS, and are going to pull in the rain, you'll want to switch the fronts left to right for the tow. Otherwise, the tread design will suck more water in, and hydroplaning around a corner or beside parallel parked cars could be a serious issue. Not to mention high speeds, like interstate driving.

I had to think about this post for a bit, but finally realized that if the tire evacuates water to the outside of the tire when moving forward, it would tend to move water towards the center of the tire if the Slingshot is moving backwards. Not a problem at normal reverse speeds, but might be when towing backwards at highway speeds. Should only be a potential problem if towing during rainstorms, but something to keep in mind. I've been wanting some type of tow dolly for awhile now. Had talked to a local welder who said he'd make me one, but he never seemed to get anything done.
    Looking forward to pricing info.

• sorry guys was just busy towing my fishing boat to Lake Huron in a damn wind and rain storm 25 ft is just a little big in the wind lol but as far as the sling towing backwards I have over 4000 miles on my wheelift design and yes even in heavy rain.honestly never found i to be a problem and I have heard concerns of uneven tire wear due to minimal toe out when towing backwards. But your welcome to measure wear on my original Kendras , after 4000 miles there is no noticeable uneven wear and the sling still handles everybody as good as it did before all that wheel lifting.

• Could that be used with a Ford Taurus or do you need a Truck?

wieght on hitch is only about 75 lbs on mine so yes towing with a Taurus wouldn't be a problem I think. @scootertrash HAS BUILT 5 with his Indy club guys and his design places about 65 lbs on hitch and I,m sure he said pickups weren't necessary. His vehicle in his posted pics wasn't a pickup but I can't remember what it was lol.will check later. Buy yes the whole purpose of dollies is for minimal weight for smaller vehicle les.almost all will state good for 3500 lb trailers and the dolly only weighs 122 lbs so I can't imagine any midsized sedan or crossover suv having a problem with that little weight on hitch.