FIRST VENDOR TO OFFER TOW DOLLIES

• TOW DOLLY PRICING; After many hours pricing , we have decided not to include shipping, all kit prices are F.O.B. OUR DOCK, Dorchester Ontario, Canada, as many members have asked Eastern U.S. customers not have to subsidize Western U.S shipping costs as there is about $60.00 difference ( North eastern shipping prices will be approx. $168.00, South East $188.00 Western $228.00)

KIT PRICE- $1,295.OO (USD)
    [*]includes- all structural members welded, then additional bracketry drilled and bolted for knock down capabilities,
    [/list]- all bolts, nuts and hardware supplied,- 2 mounted tire ratchet straps, one 4 inch safety strap,
    - hubs and axles greased and installed, 5 bolt 4 1/2 inch stud centres,
    - swivelling tire cradle tray complete, pre rolled, customer to specify tire width,
    - entire unit painted black Tremclad, powder coating optional,
    - 'A' frame hitch coupler ,trailer jack, safety chains, and chain stops for swivelling,
    - SCEPTER 6000 LB loading ramp ( roll off curb removed)

OPTIONS
    - fenders with bolt on bracketry , $175.00 customer to state 13'' or 14''
    - crating, $75.00 mandatory unless picking up at our location

Does not Include- shipping, or rims and tires, as those would un-proportionately increase crate size and shipping costs , not to mention trailer tires can be purchased online ,delivered throughout U.S. (wwwtrailertires.com) at discounted prices, Canadian tire suppliers cannot compete, nevermind extra shipping costs!

I know many forum members were expecting less cost but given and substantiated by @scootertrash, s email above, with material costs at $ 700.00 , (MINUS $175 FOR RIMS AND TIRES) , that's $ 525 MATERIAL COSTS ! Before we even begin manufacturing, Dons manufacturing times of 30-40 hours are a little high compared to ours as we do have , or availability to, plasma cutting, 50 ton bending press, roller presses etc. However as long as consumers have a need for specialty items, basically custom made , North American shop rates will prevail , so no, we cannot compete with similar types of mass produced, bare bone products made in CHINA. Quality built U.S. car dollies, (as we consider these Slingshot dollies,) retail between $2,000 to $3,000.00 (and don't knock down for storage, nevermind the additional costs of building to be able to ) with very little more manufactured items or costs. So, at SSBODYKITS.COM we are pleased to offer these kits to forum members at a price that allows them to assemble their own quality built, swivelling dolly at an affordable price.
    the cradle tray shown on demo is welded , it will be press braked one piece construction on production versions, no more welded notched sidewalls and leading edge , the protytpe shown was necessary that way as it was cut and recut until we got it right ,lol

• Tow dolly pricing , remember our August sale prices, all items are reduced 15 % for the entire month of August , that includes our just today announced price of $1,295.00 for the dolly , simply by contacting me with an intention to finalize a dolly purchase, by sept 1 , irregardless if it takes another week or two, will assure you the sale price of $1,036.00 it may be tomorrow before our website is updated with dolly info, anybody can pm me in the meantime if so desired, thank you.

• thanks@kaytwo and I appreciate that the costs of manufacturing new, quickly adds up and someday 20 years from now I hope to be retired like @scootertrash and I,d love to then hang around the shop all day helping out a few buddies at cost, but for now I have to see a return on these investments and pay the going shop rates or the wolves will be knocking at the door! lol That being said , I do have this demo unit pictured here that I,m open to offers on if any forum members want to pm me. The reason being now that the design is proven ,as soon as I finish @2SierraRomeos roof Im going to build one new production dolly to always have on hand ready to ship, and Ill just continually rotate it out with another new one in stock as they will not be used as I will always use my hydraulic trailer to go anywhere I,m not riding. As then I can carry so much more than just the Sling with me. SO ANYBODY LISTENING, MAKE ME AN OFFER !

• Nice looking product, @kev, and you've sure put the effort in for QA, but you've priced me out of the running for the time being. Would love to hear from folks who purchase this setup and hear some long-term customer feedback.

thanks@kaytwo and I appreciate that the costs of manufacturing new, quickly adds up and someday 20 years from now I hope to be retired

@kev, you've lowered both the list price and added a sale in the last 24 hours - would it be too much to ask why you're down from your original $1500+ asking price?

• well i wish I could say we've lowered the price substantially but we can't.what we have done is lowered the price $ 50 across the board Tthen we broke out shipping and crating because a few people have asked to pick them up here. So that is the new base price, does not include shipping or the expensive crate $75 for shipping . We then applied our August sale price of 15 percent of all ssbodykits.com products . So for the next week or two or three as long as you contact me before Sept 1 the dollies are 15 percent off. Also my demo is on sale , open to offers !! As I dont have any need for it as I have my new hydraulic trailer and I would like to build asap the first production version of the dolly kit and have it in stock to ship right away upon ordering and just keep inventory ing one new dolly kit at all times . Any body can pm me with an offer on that demo. It's going to go !