Stock air box needed

• I have a box for you as well. We'll actually a air box inside of a box. Put me in line if you need I will settle for sloppy sevenths if that's what it takes.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

• @Jdin, would you be willing to share your parts list and instructions? I'd like to get rid of the stock airbox too, but the production CAI is a little out of reach right now.

sure ,

Let me write up something tonight , @lrobbi takes credit for sharing it.

I did make two changes to lrobbi's design. Used a different cobra head and instead of the metal clamps I went with hose.

• @TheRock what are you doing with the airbox, I get very concerned when I see people looking for "stock" parts because it tends to mean they are removing mods and getting ready to sell.

No worries @Neosolidus, I'm not getting rid of the Sling! I PROMISE! I love it too much and the new family it has brought me even more!!

I have one of the rare JonV turbo setups with a top-mount intercooler. At the last Smokies event, I had some conversation with @MEFIburn about the airflow though the intercooler, or maybe I should say the lack of airflow through the intercooler. So I am currently working a couple ideas to create (or have created) a hood scoop and a small intercooler shroud to direct air through my top-mount intercooler. I am very excited about the idea, but it has been a royal pain in the arse!! Anyway, I appreciate the concern that I may be selling! It's always nice to know you'd be missed if you left.

• No worries @Neosolidus, I'm not getting rid of the Sling! I PROMISE! I love it too much and the new family it has brought me even more!!

I have one of the rare JonV turbo setups with a top-mount intercooler. At the last Smokies event, I had some conversation with @MEFIburn about the airflow though the intercooler, or maybe I should say the lack of airflow through the intercooler. So I am currently working a couple ideas to create (or have created) a hood scoop and a small intercooler shroud to direct air through my top-mount intercooler. I am very excited about the idea, but it has been a royal pain in the arse!! Anyway, I appreciate the concern that I may be selling! It's always nice to know you'd be missed if you left.

I kind of read it as he was just keeping a sharp eye out for a good deal on a used Sling.... :00008172:

• Has anybody successfully modified the OE air box and air delivery system rather than buy an aftermarket CAI?

I drilled the front of the Air box to allow more air in. The bad spot is actually the 90 degree turn in the rubber tube. Modified the 90 to keep it open farther.

No dyno but it feels like it's getting more air, better throttle response.