Hahn Turbo install questions

• I thought I had responded to this already, but I don't see my post.I bought the Hahn turbo kit because it included everything I needed at a price I could afford. Unlike some people, I can';t just sue someone every time I need some money! ;):rolleyes:

I also PM'd Bill Hahn for his opinion.

Sumbody started talkin bout yanking sumthin so I thought it appropriate to yank your chain !! :00008172::00008172: Hope ya get your issue figured out soon :D

PS. I have reformed my evil ways and do not sue anymore ..... but that’s kinda like a retired call girl - She don’t get paid anymore but still loves sex :rolleyes:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• OK. Here's the short version of my current problem -
    When I clamp the Hahn plenum to the throttle body, it doesn't seem to be secure and rocks slightly, just enough that I'm concerned I'm not getting a tight seal between the plenum and TB. As I remember my original CAI installation, the plenum was tightly mounted and didn't move, so I'm worried about leaking boost pressure. Here's an animated GIF showing the rocking motion.

When I removed my Hahn CAI, I realized I had the old plenum mounted at a slight angle on the TB and I think it might have worn the side of the TB, which may now be resulting in the rocking.
    My main questions at this point are - 1) Should the plenum fit flatly and firmly tightened against the TB w/o movement? If the plenum should fit flat and tight on the TB, then replacing the TB may be the solution.
    - 2) Is the rocking going to be a problem?
    Assuming that my TB is worn where the plenum clamps against the TB, I've located some used TBs on EBay, but would like additional opinions before spending any $$.

• Ok. I'm in the process of removing the clamping ring from the plenum so I can remove a small amount of material from the edges of the clamping gap. It shouldn't take much to get a tighter fit to the TB and it's a lot simpler and cheaper than pulling and replacing the TB. I'll post results, if any, later.

• I trimmed a small amount from the gap between the split in the clamping ring. I had a fine tooth metal-cutting jigsaw blade in my Rockwell BladeRunner X2. The blade was just wide enough that it wouldn't fit into the gap in the clamping ring, so I assume I removed at most somewhere around 1/32" of an inch. I measured the actual cutting edge to be 1/16" thick including the wavy edge of the cutting teeth.
    The small amount I removed from the clamping gap appears to have been just the right amount as the plenum no longer rocks as easily as it did in the above GIF and feels much more firmly mounted, enough so that I think there should be a tight seal with the clamping ring tightly sealing the O-ring against the TB. Of course, I won't know for sure until I can try to start the engine when I'm finished.
    Here's how well the plenum fits now -
    I'm much happier now and am proceeding with the install. Yay me!

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• I bought the Innovate SCG-1 Boost/AFR gauge/controller, but am thinking about not even installing it and getting a Koso X-2 Combo Boost/AFR/Temp gauge - B005NQTB7Y. It's designed for outdoor vehicles and is waterproof or at least water resistant.

Its a nice gauge but tough to see in direct sunlight.
    If you are running the Hahn set up with Bob's tune you will not be able to use the controller fueling just can not keep up with the boost. I run a full set of innovate gauges - once I make a better shroud to block the sun I think they will be fine. My current one is just not larger enough.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Its a nice gauge but tough to see in direct sunlight.If you are running the Hahn set up with Bob's tune you will not be able to use the controller fueling just can not keep up with the boost. I run a full set of innovate gauges - once I make a better shroud to block the sun I think they will be fine. My current one is just not larger enough.

I currently have the SCG-1 installed in the top of my custom radio panel and plan on fabbing some kind of sun shade for it that will also keep water off the meter. I am aware no one seems to have successfully gotten the SCG-1's boost controller function to work properly on the Slingshot. At the time I bought it, I didn't realize the AEM combo unit had a data-logging capability, so I ended up buying the SCG-1 and the associated data logger module.

• I currently have the SCG-1 installed in the top of my custom radio panel and plan on fabbing some kind of sun shade for it that will also keep water off the meter. I am aware no one seems to have successfully gotten the SCG-1's boost controller function to work properly on the Slingshot. At the time I bought it, I didn't realize the AEM combo unit had a data-logging capability, so I ended up buying the SCG-1 and the associated data logger module.

You can get it to work if you change to the Halteck ECM
    @rabtech has it dialed in at 467 hp and I think 18lbs of boost using the controller and a DDM custom tune
    I am sure my numbers are conservative but he will no doubt jump in and correct me

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Unfortunately, the Haltech otion is beyond my available funds and ability to use.
    Forgot to add that I ride primarily at night to avoid Texas heat and I've just gotten used to night-driving, although I guess my eyes may eventually force me to reduce my nighttime driving.