Rear shock

• Just bought the Slingshot 3 months ago and it just seems the improvements I could install are endless!! It's pretty sad for the price of a stock unit. For the same money I could have bought a Goldwing!! Don't get me wrong.... the wife and I love our Slingshot... but it seems we didn't get much bang for our buck from the factory

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• There is one easy adjustment for the rear shock: Remove it and deposit it in your trash can. Replace with any aftermarket option available. Repeat on fronts.

I bought the JRi Grand Touring (non-adjustable) and am happy with them for my driving style. If you are more aggressive on the street or hit the track, the adjustables are the ticket.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Just bought the Slingshot 3 months ago and it just seems the improvements I could install are endless!! It's pretty sad for the price of a stock unit. For the same money I could have bought a Goldwing!! Don't get me wrong.... the wife and I love our Slingshot... but it seems we didn't get much bang for our buck from the factory

The flip side is, it's cheaper to buy and mod than pretty much anything else on the road besides a motorcycle, and way more fun. And the possibilities are endless.

you loved it when you bought it just the way it was.....you sir have a low grade mod infection.....we'll let you know when it's full on

I'm running a stock SL and I'm not swapping out any stock parts until they wear out or break. I'm getting plenty of fun and performance just the way it is.

We have a country road here that is 30 miles long, twisty, hilly, sometimes bumpy, and usually quite vacant. I can't even begin to express how much fun I've had going back and forth on that road without any mods at all.

You don't need to mod this thing to have a blast!

• I thought my SL was great when I picked it up in Dec. of 14. Put on the QA 1s at my first trip to Maggie Valley. Could not believe the difference in ride and handling. Traded my 15 for a 17 in Maggie Valley this year. First thing my wife said was "this doesn't handle like your other one."
    I picked up her 15 with 2 way adjustable JRIs about a month later in FL and drove it back to Northwest AR. Decided I am getting JRIs for mine by Eureka Springs in Sept. I could not believe how much better these were than even the QAs.
    Changing the shocks is a mod you will want to do, and soon!

• I thought my SL was great when I picked it up in Dec. of 14. Put on the QA 1s at my first trip to Maggie Valley. Could not believe the difference in ride and handling. Traded my 15 for a 17 in Maggie Valley this year. First thing my wife said was "this doesn't handle like your other one."
    I picked up her 15 with 2 way adjustable JRIs about a month later in FL and drove it back to Northwest AR. Decided I am getting JRIs for mine by Eureka Springs in Sept. I could not believe how much better these were than even the QAs.
    Changing the shocks is a mod you will want to do, and soon!

People always say that JRI shocks are too expensive compared to QA1 but only when you drive in vehicles with both of them is that you can tell the difference and realize that JRI are worth every penny.

There is a local here who has the QA/1 Triple Adjustables and we have tested his vs my JRI GT a few times by placing a cup of water in the cup holder and drive through a bad street at the same speed on both SS and the difference is quite clear in favor on my JRI.

We have tried adjusting his to the softest settings and then go up from there and every single time he will spill the water while i won't, the QA1 just can't keep up with road bumps and smooth the ride quick enough compared to my JRI GT.

While I agree the the QA1 are way better than stock, it is clear that they are nothing when compared to JRI.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I'm running a stock SL and I'm not swapping out any stock parts until they wear out or break. I'm getting plenty of fun and performance just the way it is.

We have a country road here that is 30 miles long, twisty, hilly, sometimes bumpy, and usually quite vacant. I can't even begin to express how much fun I've had going back and forth on that road without any mods at all.

You don't need to mod this thing to have a blast!

I partially agree with you. I am running stock shocks as well, but I am sure aftermarket shocks will make the ride much more enjoyable. However if what I have isn't broke why fix it? lol
    I do want better shocks I just can't put out the cash to get them until my stock pogo sticks take a dump on me, so I get what your saying. I do not want to take a ride in someones SS that has aftermarket shocks because I am 100% sure it'll have me changing my stocks before they take that dump.

You could go with the next three wheeler like the sling. Starting at 70k and does not even perform as well as the sling stock. This is track tested and proven. @TheRock

• Good news and bad news. The good news is that you don't absolutely hate the stock coil overs. The bad news is those things will probably last longer than your fillings

Right..... I don't absolutely hate anything about the Slingshot, my wife and I are having a lot of fun!! Just don't understand Polaris reasoning for building a cool vehicle.... and then design it with lousy suspension, crap stereo, etc. you'd think they'd go all out an the quality??

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app