Rear shock

• It's all about the almighty dollar! To be able to introduce the Sling at a price that people could swallow and still have that profit margin. And the Sling is pretty decent off the showroom floor, it even performs very impressively at the track in its stock state (regardless of what Car and Driver Magazine has to say about that). But yes, a lot about the Sling can be upgraded to make it an entirely different machine. I have upgraded mine over the last couple years, slowly not realizing how drastically I was changing the machine. I easily have 1.5 times as much money in upgrading/modding the Sling as I paid for it, but when I jump in a stock one, it's painfully obvious how much I have improved mine. But hey!! That's part of the fun and adventure!!!

• I just installed stock shocks temporarily on my machine so my JRIs could be rebuilt. Drove it twice and I cant believe how bad the stock shocks are. I almost forgot why I yanked them off so fast.

They are loud, harsh, and ugly. They are even way worse when you are running a engine cross brace and a stiffer sway bar with endlinks.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• I am kind of unclear on something about the difference between the JRI Grand Touring and Sport shocks that I see. One of my next mods, any help would be greatly appreciated.

CDCAMEL6

Grand Touring are built for comfort and the Sport Shocks lends more to spirited driving and track, the Sport Shocks can be custom valved for track use but comfort level will decrease. The best of both words is the Performance Clicker Shocks. These bar charts may better help to explain;

• I just installed stock shocks temporarily on my machine so my JRIs could be rebuilt. Drove it twice and I cant believe how bad the stock shocks are. I almost forgot why I yanked them off so fast.

They are loud, harsh, and ugly. They are even way worse when you are running a engine cross brace and a stiffer sway bar with endlinks.

I know.... lol. I feel like I'm riding a hard tail

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I am kind of unclear on something about the difference between the JRI Grand Touring and Sport shocks that I see. One of my next mods, any help would be greatly appreciated.

CDCAMEL6

@mniron already explained them , one thing that I would like to add is that in my opinion if you are not getting clickers the GT are the way to go.

With the GT + sway bar upgrade you are as good for "weekend aggressive driving" as if you had the Sport Shock but have way more comfort.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• @mniron already explained them , one thing that I would like to add is that in my opinion if you are not getting clickers the GT are the way to go.

With the GT + sway bar upgrade you are as good for "weekend aggressive driving" as if you had the Sport Shock but have way more comfort.

Thank you for your input. Have a little better understanding from you and @mniron explanations. Just so happens that I have already purchased the sway bar and links upgrade. Just not installed it yet. Cost and performance, it sounds like the GT is the way to go for me. One of the great things about this forum is that numerous people will have an informative answer. I learn something everyday I come on here.

Sent from my iPod touch using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Ok, nice info ...now can someone provide a link to the JRIs? Like sizes for front and back? And does the same shock fit all the SS years or is every year a different size? And one more question does the front require a different ride than the back or are they or should they all be equal?