Need advise, Some kind of engine noise that's not good

• My experience with getting the oil getting that dirty in a couple hundred miles was from a spun bearing that was cooking the oil.

That would certainly explain it. I've been fortunate that I've not had that to happen. I've had rod bearings go, but that won't cause the oil to cook. I hope for @Pascal s sake that's not what it is.

• Well that’s a good question, still not really sure.
    The noise had almost went away completely but as of recent has become more noticeable again at cold start up. She is running great and making full boost.
    My goal is to bring up it to DDM over the winter for a tear down. My guess based on conversations with Dave it’s Something with the chain tensioner or VVT although I replaced both VVT actuators. For now im running the hell out of it and having fun.

• How is the Hahn turbo performing?

Did you go with Hahn's intake as well?

I did the fully monty with turbo, intake, port fueler. Just waiting for it to ship, then I'll take my time over the winter installing it.

Hopefully you figure out what your engine sound is and its something easy and stupid with no lasting or costly problems.

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

• That's how I know for sure that our SS is a female. Ever darn thing I have ordered for it including the SS it's self has taken substantially longer than what was promised!

The only thing that seems to be coming quicker than a sailor in a cat house is a slick rear tire!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Sounds like piston slap to me or some knock on the rotating assembly.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• Have had good luck with the hahn system, not running the new intake. Communications with them can be an issue but I live close enough and I’m big enough that a surprise visit resolved that.
    I sent a video to Dave at DDM and had FunintheSun come by and listen the the expect believe it’s not piston slap but in the front end. Will find out when I take down or it blows up.

• Have had good luck with the hahn system, not running the new intake. Communications with them can be an issue but I live close enough and I’m big enough that a surprise visit resolved that.
    I sent a video to Dave at DDM and had FunintheSun come by and listen the the expect believe it’s not piston slap but in the front end. Will find out when I take down or it blows up.

If you'd like, as we're not very far from you, two options come to mind as to me having an expert listen:

A. You could visit us.
    B. We could visit you.

As to A, anytime you'd like to make the trek, just let me know. Give me at least a day's notice so I that can assure I'm not out of the office/plant.
    Insofar as B, I travel a bit, and am now making regular voyages to the Daytona Beach region as we are preparing to re-locate there in 2018. I intend to be heading that way in the next week, so let me know when you might be available (PM if you like), and we'll get together.

• If you'd like, as we're not very far from you, two options come to mind as to me having an expert listen:
    A. You could visit us.
    B. We could visit you.

As to A, anytime you'd like to make the trek, just let me know. Give me at least a day's notice so I that can assure I'm not out of the office/plant.
    Insofar as B, I travel a bit, and am now making regular voyages to the Daytona Beach region as we are preparing to re-locate there in 2018. I intend to be heading that way in the next week, so let me know when you might be available (PM if you like), and we'll get together.

Thank you for the offer Bill, I will plan on visiting you in Daytona once you get moved in.

• Thank you for the offer Bill, I will plan on visiting you in Daytona once you get moved in.

You're welcome! Actual move-in may not be for months yet, so I'll let you know when I am coming into town in these coming weeks (there will be many trips to and from!) and perhaps we can rendezvous for a listen. Happy New Year!

• But that shouldn't matter...right? :?::?:

Group buys are different than buying direct. It does make a difference in how quickly you should expect the shocks. Bill is up front on the fact that he is having a group buy, and when the order for all are filled, or at least very nearly filled, the parts will be ordered (usually takes at least a week) and assembly will begin (another week before the first group is ready to ship). Mine took 6 or 7 weeks to have in hand after I placed the order as I recall. But that saved me $200-$250 over just ordering them direct with no group buy. If not in a rush, this is a great way to go. If I'd known how much better they were over stock, I might have not been willing to wait.

What I'm saying here is this. If you want to save money with a group buy, it will take longer to get your order filled. But that saves you a couple hundred or so. All in what you want....